What is Love?

Hello. I am writing a research paper on love, and I need some new points of view. The wells of written words are starting to dry up; I need some conversation to keep this topic alive. What exactly is love? (how would you define it) What are its implications? What would happen if everybody loved? I would appreciate any input, especially if it’s good.

Cordially,
                                                    Streyhorn

“Love” is when someone likes a subject so much, they make a thread about it in every forum.

Love is the perfect undying gravitation towards a single specific and commonly agreed “good” cause.

Love is an emotion that one feels towards another thats all its just an emotion nothing eternal just an emotion so strong that can drive people to suicide, insanity, murder and other things of such extremity. With out love there would be no hate just as without hate there would be no love this is because the two emotions co-exist and without each other cannot exist this is because with out hate how can you define what love is because you have nothing to compare it with. This works in the same way with war and peace and happy and sad and any other opposites emotions. This is not to say that war, hate or depression should be encouraged or justified it is just to say that without them the opposites can not exist and it is our responsibility or choice to choose whether they may both exist.

Love is a state of mind.

Hope this helps!

katinkahesselink.net/kr/love.html

LOVE, n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage or by removal of the patient from the influences under which he incurred the disorder. This disease, like caries and many other ailments, is prevalent only among civilized races living under artificial conditions; barbarous nations breathing pure air and eating simple food enjoy immunity from its ravages. It is sometimes fatal, but more frequently to the physician than to the patient. ~Ambrose Bierce (cynic)

Love is ownership or possession.

This interpretation can explain the extraordinary acts a person will undertake to protect and keep that which is loved.

You don’t have to like what you love.

Parents and siblings are a prime example - you may not like your parents but you will respond to any calamity as though you loved them.

This is an interesting/scary read: economist.com/printedition/d … ID=2424049

Love is a description for feelings for one person or thing.

Nothing more, nothing less.