Say I had proof God doesnt exist...

Now should I share this proof with the world and end religion, or destroy the box as soon as possible and let the world continue as before?

id charge admission personally, but yeah share it up. the world will get over it.

If I had proof that God existed, would you want to see it?

I think most people believe that Nietzsche killed God, so you might as well add it to the discussion, unless of course this is a hypothetical question?

Here is my question or statement. If you have proof that god didnt exist, then who made the proof?

very descartes of you, blu :wink:

How 'bout this. If we agree that God is the absolute conception (not any specific universal mind you), then to say there is no God is like making the self-refuting statement “there is no absolute” (which itself is an absolute statement).

And blu, the only problem with that statement is that not everyone believes God as the creator. I mean hey, I might as well say the world came from a giant worm :stuck_out_tongue: (norse mythos?)

Oh, and Guest, disproving God would not end religion for religion on a whole does not believe in the theistic conception of God. I mean, we have animist and anatimists too! :wink:

I assumed he meant god as in the highest being possible Godness if you will.

doesnt matter who belives in the godness(he/she/it). If he has proof the godness never existed at all then where the proof comes from is very valid and a laughable term to define.

The world would not except this fact they would deny it at all cost. I would destroy the information for the saftey of my life and my character. you would probally be killed and have alot of threats on your life and you would be defamed as a person.

:laughing: probably be killed for your contribution, be the second christ, they’d redo the whole freakin’ calendar based on the date of your death. :evilfun: :astonished: :smiley:

The really interesting part is, if you assume that you had proof that God doesn’t exist, what would this prove? It would definitely falsify a lot of religious and theological doctrines, but i doubt if it would have much impact. Religion is based on faith not proof. There would even be people who, understanding the proof, would claim that God created the proof to test sinners.

If you had proof that a particular G_d didn’t exist, wouldn’t it be perfectly possible to move to another one?

Or, if you’re saying that you discovered proof against a G_d as an idea, couldn’t one just change that idea for a better one? I mean, say you disproved the intelligent, seperate creator idea of god, one could easily shift to an impersonal god and redefine it into something mysterious like nature.

This is of course spotting you the unfalsifiability aspect of religion, of course, my post tended to demonstate (I think in my vanity…) in some ways why it’s unfalsifiable. It just has a good possibility of being “slippery.”

Then I’d say… “I have proof that he does exist” Personally I don’t beilive in God BUT many people around the world do. To me i could say i have proof, but in the minds of others they have proof that he does exsit. It’s a never ending battle. With God i’ve come to realize you can’t prove anything

*~Kayla

You just have to work with what you’ve got, which means…

all righ to bellisaruis, your an idiot, if you totally just disproved a single god what would make you think there was another god an just move on and create another religion based upon well probably the exact same morals and basically the exact same belief’s?! :astonished: another religion that bugs me is Roman Catholic’s, how they totally disprove there belief, well here we go… :unamused: ok for one, the roamans, one of the most brutal and igronrant people of italy in there time, would go on “religious” crucades, and murrder and kill and RAPE inocent women, men and children, then what they do is tell you convert or die, well LOOk at the 10 commandments, (if they existed) and it says tho shall not kill, well romans blew that one out of the water 9 commandments now, how would you feel to watch your family killed and raped for no reason other that the spread of a “holy cause?!” :imp: what a bunch of crap, then salt the lands and leave. I SEe no reason at all for this to have happend, the romans were full of it and the only reason that the pope still exists is because of that brutality and abuse of power and religion spread over those years, o we dont mention that or talk about it in school, nonono we cant expose kids to the truth about it, they might think on there own, and we dont want that :cry: more so how could something always be there, stars take millions of years to make, well god HAD to come from somewhere, things just dont appear, and dont post oh he was always there that is a 3rd grade comeback, its annoying and pointless, if you cant explain it dont try and well if you cant explain it why would you believe it, and if you cant believe it dont listen…im just saying, think dont be a sheep like that wacko jesus was, people get following, and its not hard, look at popular bands, and companies, its not hard, you just gotta know how.

you couldn’t end religion even if you had undeniable proof that god didnt exist

religion is based on faith not facts. they’d probably just claim that this was just a test of their faith and ignore you/deny your proof/nail you to a cross

Say I had proof “god” did exist???

Might as well end your own life now, because you’re fucking crazy.

Proof only exists in the minds of the convinced.

Accepting for the moment that equating God with propositions is legitimate, this is only true if God is the only absolute. Why should we accept this?

Umm… Prove it :wink:

Further: If you had proof God did not exist, it would be so intricate that there would probably be suppositions that aren’t true. I base this on the fact that progress has not ended yet, science keeps changing, and nothing we know can be absolutely proven to work in all environments, other than basic mathematics, which could not possibly prove there is no god or it would have been done a long time ago. The fundamental problem with this thread (and the disbelievers in the religion forums) is that it assumes that all knowledge is complete and non-flexible. An extremely arrogant supposition that can only be caused by a complete ignorance of History and a poor education pertaining to Religion. A common and disturbing occurance in today’s society, especially with younger people (such as me, but I believe in the miracle of the Koran, which fits in like a jigsaw piece with science).

Or simply. You don’t know, you can’t know, you won’t know. Ever.