What do you believe in?

I always like to know what ideologies people believe in and why.

So how do you think the world came about? Do you think there is a God, some being behind all this? Or is it all chance and science? Or perhaps something completely different?

:slight_smile:

all chance and science.
at least,

that’s what i pray to jesus that’s all it is. :wink:

:smiley: can you expand on that?

sweetie, know how a single cell creature like an ameoba lives? it’s kinda just there, created from a series of different events, existing by doing all that it can using whatever it can, and certain aspects of its being can best be explained by science while the rest can be guessed at using science.

well, i think that’s how earth is, and that’s how humanity is and that’s how i am.

what’s your belief?

What do I believe?

I believe in Power and the will required to wheeled it. I believe, we as a people, have lost interest in our own societies and like all other societies that reach an epoch, we’ve become complacent, lazy and self-deluded. We have become fat and weakened by avarice and gluttony, we even have come to the point where we believe are own spin and hype. People have fallen in love with the idea of Individuality to the level of absurdity. Humanity thrives in a pack; we live in groups and enjoy socializing. To say I am an individual only creates a barrier to that which sustains me, the group, it facilitates and gives untold potential to each of its members. Even if I try to distinguish myself, I will always be like them, for we are forever joined by a commonality which can never be transcended. Only when individuals see a common purpose will they have the power to achieve that goal.

I believe humanity has the power to conquer its darkest nature, but it needs to constantly struggle against it. Because when we believe ourselves to be righteous, it is a sign that the dark side is winning! To live an unquestioned life in the belief we follow some higher goal and forgo the right to question the authority which leads. To give in to fear and resort to violence in times of uncertainty. To create phantoms and spectres, and belittle others with sly nicknames because we’re superior. To live in a world and believe we can control that which gives us life and see it only as a capitalistic commodity to be bartered for food, drink and an SUV. It’s a clearer sign then any biblical one of the fact that humanity’s dark sider is winning.

So to sum it all up: I believe humanity is doomed to damnation, only because it no longer wants to be saved. Yes we pray for salvation, but still won’t get up off are fat asses to save ourselves. Laziness…

I believe in the Force.

…

and causality

I believe in the power of people for change. That people will love one another that people will work towards a better future. I am almost a humanist.

I believe I’ll know what I think when I die…if I am capable of thinking anything at all that is. Until that day, I will get my jollies out of arguing with all staunch believers in God, and conversely, with all staunch Atheists :stuck_out_tongue: .

I tend to not worry about how we came to be or how the universe adn being came to be. Most monotheistic religions revolve around this with the various creation stories being used to establish the respective deity’s omnipotence. I rather believe that the only effect the way in which being came to be had on me is that it allowed me to be. While this is a huge part, it plays no constant or determining role in my life. My beliefs tend to be somewhat paradoxical or undefined, possibly even baseless. When I do think about the universe I tend to have a hard time figuring out how it could have been created, when I ponder it I tend to end up believing that it’s too complex and structured but also too random and chaotic to be some grand planned out scheme. Perhaps if some religion could come about claiming the over all divine deity to be more humanistic, and therefore prone to coming into situations based on its actions that it had no initially forseen I could go along with it better. I also see people as very complex and very different. I thikn that man is as complex as the universe and the universe as complex as man, if that makes any sense it’s how I explain a possible interconnection between man and being. I also believe that man has some sort of power, however the man only has the power to change himself for sure, and does not have any definite power to change others or his surroundings. Therefore, man is both powerfull and powerless. As for an afterlife, I definitely believe there’s something more than our physical existence that makes each and every one of us our own, whether it is a soul that goes into some eternal after-dwelling or not I’m not totally sure yet, I don’t believe my 17 years have been sufficient time to come to a solid conclusion. Hopefully I will before my time comes. That’s about as much as I can say right now. Hope to hear someone else’s take.

^^^^^^
the above post was me, forgot to log in, sorry

I believe in nothing, there is no reason too.
Everything is valueless and meaningless…

Someone posted that they believed in causality, which is nothing more than an extension of entropy, and fails in quantum mechanics…

Here I go again with my million questions. Nihilistic, you said that causality is an extension of entropy. How so? Causality is just one thing happening in result to something else. i.e. I smack my girlfriend and make her lip swell up, then I don’t have sex with her for weeks because she is upset with me. Causality.

But I thought entropy is

How do any of those relate to causality?

I don’t believe in organized religion. I mean, it’s just as good as a label, and a label is only a step towards homoginizing oneself with a greater whole. Why accept someone else’s set and slated rules of living when you PROBABLY don’t agree with them all. My friend Susan gave me this good analogy of religion: “A religion is like a grocery store. You go to the one that has the most stuff you need. Of course, you’re not going to buy everything in the store, but if it has most of what you want, it’s the one you will turn to.” Or something to that effect, maybe phrased a little better. I took that line of thinking one step further and thought “Why be happy with the grocery store that has most of what you want when you can build your own to house EVERYTHING that you want?” And so, I sort of worship my own personal self-tailored religion which conforms precisely to all my personal beliefs, occasionally ammended, but always fundamentally the same. The basic idea is that there isn’t exactly a God, but there is a higher power. It isn’t an entity, it’s more of a combination between the psychic force that unites us all, and fate. There’s a heaven, and a hell, but they’re temporary, as there’s a rotating cycle of reincarnation. There’s no set specific sins. Your destination to heaven or hell is based upon your general effect on those around you. If you have a generally negative effect on people, you will go to Hell. There’s alot more to it, but I won’t get into it.

So you now have your own personal Walmart that will cater to all your needs? cool! :laughing: :smiley: :astonished: :evilfun: