What others say about ISLAM ??

What Others say about Islam, The Holy Quran and The Prophet Muhammad ?

IN A TIME WHEN MANY RELIGIONS ARE DECREASING IN NUMBERS, ISLAM ON THE OTHER HAND IS INCREASING. ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION IN THE WORLD. THIS PHENOMENON INDICATES THAT ISLAM IS TRULY A RELIGION FROM GOD. IT IS UNREASONABLE TO THINK THAT SO MANY PEOPLE CONVERTED TO ISLAM WITHOUT CAREFUL CONSIDERATION AND DEEP CONTEMPLATION BEFORE CONCLUDING THAT ISLAM IS TRUE.

This is no less than a reminder to (all) the worlds. And you shall certainly know the truth of it (all) after a while.(The Holy Quran 38:87-88)

harunyahya.com

islamfortoday.com

beconvinced.com

thetruereligion.com

themodernreligion.com

it-is-truth.org

“Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people…” HILLARY RODMAN CLINTON, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Already more than a billion-people strong, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion. ABCNEWS, Abcnews.com

“Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the country.” NEWSDAY, March 7, 1989, p.4

“Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the United States…” NEW YORK TIMES, Feb 21, 1989, p.1

Moslems are the world’s fastest-growing group…" USA TODAY, The populationreferance bureau, Feb. 17, 1989, p.4A

"Muhummed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities. " Encyclopedia Britannica

“There are more Muslims in North America then Jews Now.” Dan Rathers, CBSNEWS

“Five to 6 million strong, Muslims in America already outnumber Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and Mormons, and they are more numerous than Quakers, Unitarians, Seventh-day Adventists, Mennonites, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and Christian Scientists, combined. Many demographers say Islam has overtaken Judaism as the country’s second-most commonly practiced religion; others say it is in the passing lane.” JOHAN BLANK, USNEWS (7/20/98)

Professor Keith Moore, one of the world’s prominent scientists of anatomy and embryology. University of Toronto, Canada It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Qur’aan about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from Allah, or Allah, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of Allah.

“But Islam has a still further service to render to the cause of humanity. It stands after all nearer to the real East than Europe does, and it possesses a magnificent tradition of inter-racial understanding and cooperation. No other society has such a record of success uniting in an equality of status, of opportunity, and of endeavours so many and so various races of mankind . . . Islam has still the power to reconcile apparently irreconcilable elements of race and tradition. If ever the opposition of the great societies of East and West is to be replaced by cooperation, the mediation of Islam is an indispensable condition. In its hands lies very largely the solution of the problem with which Europe is faced in its relation with East. If they unite, the hope of a peaceful issue is immeasurably enhanced. But if Europe, by rejecting the cooperation of Islam, throws it into the arms of its rivals, the issue can only be disastrous for both.” --H.A.R. Gibb, WHITHER ISLAM, London, 1932, p. 379.

“It (Islam) replaced monkishness by manliness. It gives hope to the slave, brotherhood to mankind, and recognition of the fundamental facts of human nature.” --Canon Taylor, Paper read before the Church Congress at Walverhamton, Oct. 7, 1887; Quoted by Arnoud in THE PREACHING OF ISLAM, pp. 71-72.

The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammed. As regards all standards by which
human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he? " Lamartine, Historie de la Turquie, Paris 1854, Vol. 11 pp. 276-2727

“If a man like Muhamed were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that
would bring it the much needed peace and happiness.” George Bernard Shaw

“How, for instance, can any other appeal stand against that of the Moslem who, in approaching the pagan, says to him, however obscure or degraded he may be ‘Embrace the faith, and you are at once equal and a brother.’ Islam knows no color line.” (S. S. Leeder, VEILED MYSTERIES OF EGYPT)

Professor William W. Hay is one of the best known marine scientists in the United States. satellite photography and emote-sensing techniques. Professor Hay replied: I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scripture of the Holy Qur’aan, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages. Professor Hay: Well, I would think it must be the divine being!

Professor Yushudi Kusan: Director of the Tokyo Observatory,
I can say, I am very mush impressed by finding true astronomical facts in the Qur’aan.

Professor Alfred Kroner who is one of the world’s most famous geologists
"Thinking about many of these questions and thinking where Muhammad came from, he was after all a bedouin. I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years with very complicated and advanced technological methods that this is the case.

Dr. T.V.N. Persaud is a Professor of Anatomy and Head of the Department of Anatomy, and a professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He is the author or editor of 25 books, and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada.
“It seems to me that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read or write. In fact, he was illiterate. We are talking about 1400 years ago. You have someone who was illiterate making profound pronouncement and statements and are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. I personally cannot see how this could be mere chance. There are too many accuracy’s and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind in concerning that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”

Joe Leigh Simpson, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the North Western University in Chicago in the United States of America. Professor Simpson said: It follows, I think, that not only is there no conflict between genetics and religion, but in fact religion can guide science by adding revelation to some traditional scientific approaches. That there exists statements in the Qur’aan shown by science to be valid, which supports knowledge in the Qur’aan having been derived from Allah.

Professor Palmer a scientist from the U.S.
We need research into the history of early Middle Eastern oral traditions to know whether in fact such historical events have been reported. If there is no such record, it strengthens the belief that Allah transmitted through Muhammad bits of his knowledge that we have only discovered for ourselves in recent times. We look forward to a continuing dialogue on the topic of science in the Qur’aan in the context of geology. Thank you very much.

Professor Dorja Rao, It is difficult to imagine that this type of knowledge was existing at that time, around 1400 years back. May be some of the things they have simple idea about, but do describe those things in great detail is very difficult. So, this is definitely not a simple human knowledge.

“My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world’s most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level.” --Michael H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY, New York: Hart Publishing Company, Inc., 1978, p. 33.

“No other society has such a record of success in uniting in an equality of status, of opportunity and endeavour so many and so varied races of mankind. The great Muslim communities of Africa, India and Indonesia, perhaps also the small community in Japan, show that Islam has still the power to reconcile apparently irreconcilable elements of race and tradition. If ever the opposition of the great societies of the East and west is to be replaced by cooperation, the mediation of Islam is an
indispensable condition.” (H.A.R. Gibb, WHITHER ISLAM, p. 379)

"I have studied him - the wonderful man - and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ he must be called the saviour of
humanity. " George Bernard Shaw in “The Genuine Islam”

"Muhammad, the inspired man who founded Islam, was born about A.D. 570 into an Arabian tribe that worshipped idols. Orphaned at birth, he was always particularly solicitous of the poor and needy, the widow and the orphan, the slave and the downtrodden. At twenty, he was already a successful businessman, and soon became director of camel caravans for a wealthy widow. When he reached twenty-five, his employer, recognizing his merit, proposed marriage. Even though she was fifteen years older, he married her, and as long as she lived, remained a devoted husband.
"Like almost every major prophet before him, Muhammad fought shy of serving as the transmitter of God’s word, sensing his own inadequacy. But the angel commanded ‘Read.’ So far as we know, Muhammad was unable to read or write, but he began to dictate those inspired words which would soon revolutionize a large segment of the earth: ‘There is one God.’
"In all things Muhammad was profoundly practical. When his beloved son Ibrahim died, an eclipse occurred, and rumours of God’s personal condolence quickly arose. Whereupon Muhammad is said to have announced, 'An eclipse is a phenomenon of nature. It is foolish to attribute such things to the death or birth of a human being.
“At Muhammad’s own death an attempt was made to deify him, but the man who was to become his administrative successor killed the hysteria with one of the noblest speeches in religious history: 'If there are any among you who worshipped Muhammad, he is dead. But if it is God you worshipped, He lives forever.” --James A. Michener, “Islam: The Misunderstood Religion,” in READER’S DIGEST (American edition), May 1955, pp. 68-70.

"Four years after the death of Justinian, A.D. 569, was born at Mecca, in Arabia the man who, of all men exercised the greatest influence upon the human race . . . Mohammed . . . " John William Draper, M.D., L.L.D., A History of the Intellectual Development of Europe, London 1875, Vol.1, pp.329-330

“Muhammad was the soul of kindness, and his influence was felt and never forgotten by those around him.” Diwan Chand Sharma, The Prophets of the East, Calcutta 1935, p. l 22.

im sorry… but is this propaganda?

jedi_pocky,
my sentiments exactly

The main issue I have with Islam is that you must do so much to satisfy Allah; but there is no guarantee that it will be enough. :cry:

All religious apologists have their so-called expert sources–and all have their (usually far more numerous) critics. The trick is to convince people not to read the critics and to quote the experts far out of context. Then you sell your books to the millions of people who already want to believe what you have to say.

I could lay out a list just as long of so-called expert endorsements of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I won’t do it because life is too short, and I’ve already wasted a good twenty years of my life as a religious fundamentalist. I don’t want anything more to do with the bullshit that is apologetics (in any religion). Commitment to truth entails a commitment to continually question your assumptions and beliefs at every level; and it’s a lifelong process.

i think that green_universe’s post needs to be removed from the site, or at least transfered to mundane babble.

If 7 billion people were to tell a lie, that would still not make it a truth. My submission lies with veritas. Why not worship God irrespective of any ideology?

To point out that the fact that Islam is the fastest growing religion suggests its veracity is flawed and irrational. What the majority of people think or claim is not necessarily true: in fact it is usually the opposite. Indeed the popularity of something is often a sign of its mediocrity. The wise and the intelligent are always a minority.
Furthermore, as far as Islam is concerned, its spread is mainly in countries with very high birth rates, low standards of education and very few alternative intellectual traditions. The “contemplations” (quoting one of initial statements) of these people are neither authoritative nor convincing. They are borne out of ignorance and often unquestioned faiths. And let us also not forget that the state often promotes Islam in these countries anyway.

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Thank you brother Green_Universe for such great post.

The matter here is not the number of Muslims and the rate that islam grows.

The matter is simple:

WHAT YOU SAY TO THE SCIENTISTS WHO SUPPORTED THAT ISLAM (THE HOLY QURAN) IS FROM ALLAH (THE CREATOR)

WHAT YOU SAY TO THE ENDLESS SCIENTIFC FACTS IN ALL FIELDS THAT HAS BEEN FOUND IN THE HOLY QUARN (1400+  YEARS OLD), WHERE THE PROPHET MUHAMMED(PEACE BE UPON HIM) WAS ILLITRATE!

READ THE HOLY QURAN FOR YOURSELVES AND DECIDE! USE THE BRAIN THAT ALLAH GAVE YOU!!

FIND THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELVES, COMEON PEOPLE WE ARE IN THE 21ST CENTURAY!!!

All praise belongs to Allah alone,
and blessings and peace be upon the final Prophet Mohammed.
Islam is peace - Islam is simple

My email is: thereviewer@hotmail.com

Islam is on the decline after sept 11

What about February 14, 1989?
edit- St. Valentine’s Day! Jung at work!

I say “as long as islam exists so will terrorism” terrorism and islam are one.

YOU USE THE WORD IGNORANT A LOT. HAVE YOU EVER READ THE QU’RAN?

Your peaceful religion…

“O Prophet! Make war against the unbelievers [all non-Muslims] and the hypocrites and be merciless against them. Their home is hell, an evil refuge indeed.” (Koran, 9:73)

“When you meet the unbelievers in jihad [holy war], chop off their heads. And when you have brought them low, bind your prisoners rigorously. Then set them free or take ransom from them until the war is ended.” (Koran, 47:4)

“The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be to be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet and genitals cut off, or to be expelled out of the land. Such will be their humiliation in the world, and in the next world they will face an awful horror.” (Koran, 5:33-34)

“When we decide to destroy a population, we send a definite order to them who have the good things in life and yet sin. So that Allah’s word is proven true against them, then we destroy them utterly.” (Koran, 17:16-17)

“In order that Allah may separate the pure from the impure, put all the impure ones [all non-Muslims] one on top of another in a heap and cast them into hell. They will have been the ones to have lost.” (Koran, 8:37)

“How many were the populations we utterly destroyed because of their sins, setting up in their place other peoples.” (Koran, 21:11)

“Remember Allah inspired the angels: I am with you. Give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: you smite them above their necks and smite all their fingertips off of them.” (Koran, 8:12)

But who is God?

Even if all are agreed that there is only one god, it does not make that one god the same god, for there are such things as false gods too. Not anything or anyone claiming to be god is god.

And we know that it is the not the same one god that is being worshiped, for there are contradictions between what is claimed and known of the various one gods.

So it is either all the gods are false gods or only one of the gods is a true one God.

Hmm, i think posts like these shouldnt be allowed.
If Islam really is the true religion, then why hasnt the ‘omnipotent’ God yet managed to show us all the Islam is the way forward? Furthermore, if Islam really is that great, why are so many problems caused by followers of the faith - Sadam Hussein and his followers, those who caused the attack on Sept 11th to name but a few… You’d think a God who is caring, loving, just etc would 1. prevent these evils from happening and 2. atleast not allow his followers to be the main cause of these events.

Hmmm who is to say what is and what is not “allowed”?

If truth be truth it can stand all scrutiny and “attacks”. And if lies be lies it benefit us all that it is not hidden but be exposed to the revealing light of truth.