R for Recruiting not Religion

Ok so I am no big believer of God right, I still have my doubts as do others, but I am so sick of walking down a street and being stopped by people trying to get money or join me to help Timmy get a new wooden leg.

I came across my first meeting with a religious recruiter, he was quite clearly trying to get me join his belief system that I believe is quite dillusional. Thats just me, no offense to anyone who believes that crap.

Well it comes to a point where he tells me a story for half an hour just to give me the Book Of Mourmon and to get me to go to Church. I am sorry this is no way to get believers, it really pisses me off when I am asked to do something like this. If I wanted to do it in the first place I would have found my way to do it.

Anyways I just think of religion as a way to comfort this feeling of being absolutely usless on a planet we’re destroying. Sure somewhere MAYBE there was a guy named Jesus, and maybe he did some things but not by the word of mouth of God. A conjourer and no more than that.

I would just like to say that yes, in the eyes of many, religion is a sham. but thats no need to get “pissed” off about people stopping you in the street. they seriously think they are doing you a favour in trying to “recruit you to there cause”. if as you said you were there for half an hour listening to him surely thats enough time to have a reasonable informed discussion instead of just rushing off the a forum to rave about his activities. if you are really interested in what motivates religion i suggest you read “the god part of the brain” or “the golden bough”

(outdated and oumoded as it is, it still offers a good ledge from which to leap into the world of sociology of religion) :astonished:

I am truley aware that in the eyes of those who believe in religion and in this case Christianity, that they all have opinions and beliefs in which they truley believe.

However I know that my comments were negative, and as a writer should make my points more precise and relevant but on that day it seemed to be impossible.

I always look forward to new information and prefer my education to aid me rather than to let it seem to burden me. However on that day society had me believing there was no time to talk to someone that is with my forthcoming production. In that sad way it does seem that my performing arts seems to rule my life and not me, but only because I let it.

Religion has always kept shreds of doubt in my mind, but it is only when I start believing it that I can fully appreciate the experiences of others who also believe.

A closed book can be opened, but it can always be closed as quickly…