soul being saved?

How do you know there is no immortality?

Well it says spirit is a synonym for soul, so… yeah.

I have always agreed and seen that scriptures often conflate soul with spirit. But none of those people were perfect. And they conflated things that were strongly related but not truly identical by today’s standards (the only perspective you have). By today’s technical standards, a soul is a very different thing than a spirit in the same way that 4.375 is very different than 4.000. They round out to be the same, but there is a significant difference to those looking very close.

james is right on…but I need to focus this discussion because we are getting mired down in definitions…
I am starting a new thread called spirit being saved?

turtle,

Then you have to define “spirit” in the sense that YOU mean it.

I’m just not seeing it. They seem the same to me. Just another way to say it honestly.

exactly…see spirit being saved? thread

for those that want to save souls they can stay here…if you are interested in saving human spirits please go to the saving human spirits…thank you

Essentially the same thing… but ok.

You’re doing the very thing you’re against.

what do you mean

Over complicating things that don’t need to be over complicated which in turn only confuses people and delays natural advancement.

what is being overcomplicated

Giving different meanings and definitions to virtually the same thing, just worded different in different sentencing. They’re synonyms for each other and both mean the same thing.

People can bring religion into spirit as well. “oh, holy spirit?”

we just don’t agree…what is your exact definition of spirit and soul…

It doesn’t matter if we agree or not… Definitions are there because they’re definitions… when someone creates their own definitions for things, it’s similar to delusion if not it. It’s like someone saying green is blue and blue is green because that is their own definition of it. I linked both definitions of spirit and soul, and they’re practically the same thing. You can discuss both without and outside religious context or you can discuss both within religious context.

What’s the point of having a dictionary and definitions, encyclopedia’s, etc if everyone is going to make up their own definitions according to their preferences. It’s like trying to tread on ground that has already been tread on, instead of furthering the path.

you are right…lets proceed here…do you think that people are having trouble nurturing their souls…

What do you mean nurture their souls… I think a huge problem of today is people nurturing themselves too much, staying comfortable with what is instead of going towards what should or can be. Children grow up with shitty parenting and influence then creates what you see here today. The non physical part of them, are you meaning nurturing their emotions? I don’t think people show enough emotion, they think it’s “Gay” or “hippy”.

The essence of us life, is energy and consciousness. So that in a sense, is our soul/spirit.