So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:44 am

I don't have American citizenship so I might was well not even think about it which is convenient.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image
BTL
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 9807
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby promethean75 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:58 am

I've never voted in my life. Well except for one time at a wet t-shirt contest in Miami. But even if I wanted to, I couldn't. The Constitution doesn't apply to me.

*lights cigar and grins*
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2644
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:22 pm

Cool.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image
BTL
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 9807
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Carleas » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:22 am

I liked Yang, who dropped out, and now Warren, who is not doing great. I'm in DC, so it's very likely to be Biden v. Sanders by the time I actually have a say. If Warren is still in, I will vote for her, because I think DC will go hard for Biden and I try to vote strategically, and I think that would maximize my impact. If she's out I might write in Yang (for similar reasons).

Between Biden and Sanders, if it all came down to me, I'd pick Biden, because I think he's more likely to beat Trump and to have a basically normal presidency, which we need to repair our damaged institutions. I don't particularly like Sanders policies, but worse I think he undervalues our institutions. Biden's policies are lightly articulated and milquetoast as hell, but incrementalism in any direction is better than any kind of radicalism right now.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 6052
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby iambiguous » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:54 am

"Stocks Surge as Wall Street Opens Checkbooks for Biden" NYT

Or, sure, maybe it was just a coincidence. :lol:

Joe Biden [like Barak Obama] is clearly Bilderberg material.

Come on, call it the "ruling class", or "crony capitalism", or "the powers that be" or "the system". Bernie Sanders never really had a chance.

Or, as some of us have reluctantly come to accept, call it "the best of all possible worlds". And isn't that a grim commentary on the human condition!

Of course this is still no less an existential contraption on my part. You know, if I have any free will at all here. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 34970
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Carleas » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:13 pm

iambiguous wrote:"Stocks Surge as Wall Street Opens Checkbooks for Biden" NYT

It's risky to attribute too much to a single event. Yes, Biden is much better for the economic status-quo than Sanders. But the Metaculus prediction for total COVID-19 infections and deaths in 2020 also fell yesterday, probably unrelated to an election that will not have an effect until January 2021. Both may be the result of a deal in Congress to fund COVID-19 measures which also landed yesterday.

Or it's just that the market is super jumpy, it's down again today.

iambiguous wrote:Joe Biden [like Barak Obama] is clearly Bilderberg material.

Is this just an epithet? Neither of them are on the list of US attendees, but I don't know how thorough that is.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 6052
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:17 pm

Carleas wrote:
iambiguous wrote:"Stocks Surge as Wall Street Opens Checkbooks for Biden" NYT

It's risky to attribute too much to a single event. Yes, Biden is much better for the economic status-quo than Sanders. But the Metaculus prediction for total COVID-19 infections and deaths in 2020 also fell yesterday, probably unrelated to an election that will not have an effect until January 2021. Both may be the result of a deal in Congress to fund COVID-19 measures which also landed yesterday.

Or it's just that the market is super jumpy, it's down again today.

iambiguous wrote:Joe Biden [like Barak Obama] is clearly Bilderberg material.

Is this just an epithet? Neither of them are on the list of US attendees, but I don't know how thorough that is.


This may be incidental.... but trump severely defunded the cdc
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9493
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby iambiguous » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Carleas wrote:
iambiguous wrote:"Stocks Surge as Wall Street Opens Checkbooks for Biden" NYT

It's risky to attribute too much to a single event. Yes, Biden is much better for the economic status-quo than Sanders. But the Metaculus prediction for total COVID-19 infections and deaths in 2020 also fell yesterday, probably unrelated to an election that will not have an effect until January 2021. Both may be the result of a deal in Congress to fund COVID-19 measures which also landed yesterday.

Or it's just that the market is super jumpy, it's down again today.

iambiguous wrote:Joe Biden [like Barak Obama] is clearly Bilderberg material.

Is this just an epithet? Neither of them are on the list of US attendees, but I don't know how thorough that is.


None of this is an exact science.

Let's just say that my own assessment of Joe Biden is embedded more in a broader assessment of the world we live in here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173789&p=2187045&hilit=bullfrog+films#p2187045

But, again, this is no less an existential contraption than yours is. There are facts that can be ascertained about the global economy. But how we react to those facts as individuals is seen by me as more the embodiment of dasein than in something that can be encompassed [philosophically or otherwise] in an argument, assessment, analysis etc., that settles it once and for all.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 34970
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:19 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Carleas wrote:
iambiguous wrote:"Stocks Surge as Wall Street Opens Checkbooks for Biden" NYT

It's risky to attribute too much to a single event. Yes, Biden is much better for the economic status-quo than Sanders. But the Metaculus prediction for total COVID-19 infections and deaths in 2020 also fell yesterday, probably unrelated to an election that will not have an effect until January 2021. Both may be the result of a deal in Congress to fund COVID-19 measures which also landed yesterday.

Or it's just that the market is super jumpy, it's down again today.

iambiguous wrote:Joe Biden [like Barak Obama] is clearly Bilderberg material.

Is this just an epithet? Neither of them are on the list of US attendees, but I don't know how thorough that is.


None of this is an exact science.

Let's just say that my own assessment of Joe Biden is embedded more in a broader assessment of the world we live in here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173789&p=2187045&hilit=bullfrog+films#p2187045

But, again, this is no less an existential contraption than yours is. There are facts that can be ascertained about the global economy. But how we react to those facts as individuals is seen by me as more the embodiment of dasein than in something that can be encompassed [philosophically or otherwise] in an argument, assessment, analysis etc., that settles it once and for all.




Yes what You are implying is vastly more credible than not. However, such certainty, even if it becomes inversely proportional to it's increasing in it's metaphysical certainty, and symbolically more derivitive, looses a functional middle ground, that can be more optically clear
Substantially, it becomes a syntactical grey area, and more prone to become a overused yet defunctional shadow.
Very a-propo to merely an epithetical reminder how the jaded and cynical view politics as it should have gone .

The weakened democratic bastion of heretofore solid and connected union based regionally ( the so called solid pre-'re publican South , for instance) derived source of power.

Inversive politics displaced that certainty, by the use of pre-synthetic disqualification of ideal structures of political acuity.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6196
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby iambiguous » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:17 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Yes what You are implying is vastly more credible than not. However, such certainty, even if it becomes inversely proportional to it's increasing in it's metaphysical certainty, and symbolically more derivitive, looses a functional middle ground, that can be more optically clear
Substantially, it becomes a syntactical grey area, and more prone to become a overused yet defunctional shadow.
Very a-propo to merely an epithetical reminder how the jaded and cynical view politics as it should have gone .

The weakened democratic bastion of heretofore solid and connected union based regionally ( the so called solid pre-'re publican South , for instance) derived source of power.

Inversive politics displaced that certainty, by the use of pre-synthetic disqualification of ideal structures of political acuity.


I have absolutely no idea what you are attempting to argue here as it relates to Joe Biden, Barack Obama, and the Bilderberg Group.

And I'm still not even sure if your posts are not meant to be entirely ironic -- a spoofing of philosophical pedantry itself. :-k
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 34970
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:38 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Meno_ wrote:
Yes what You are implying is vastly more credible than not. However, such certainty, even if it becomes inversely proportional to it's increasing in it's metaphysical certainty, and symbolically more derivitive, looses a functional middle ground, that can be more optically clear
Substantially, it becomes a syntactical grey area, and more prone to become a overused yet defunctional shadow.
Very a-propo to merely an epithetical reminder how the jaded and cynical view politics as it should have gone .

The weakened democratic bastion of heretofore solid and connected union based regionally ( the so called solid pre-'re publican South , for instance) derived source of power.

Inversive politics displaced that certainty, by the use of pre-synthetic disqualification of ideal structures of political acuity.


I have absolutely no idea what you are attempting to argue here as it relates to Joe Biden, Barack Obama, and the Bilderberg Group.

And I'm still not even sure if your posts are not meant to be entirely ironic -- a spoofing of philosophical pedantry itself. :-k



That there are vastly larger forces at work then need personalities driving political powers, who's will has mostly lost objective criteria, in favor of optical , at times simulated structural expediency, has become commonplace and in no dire need of reconstruction.
Mostly, that structural efficacy requires constant psychologically derived mantras, that appear ironic to those who cam keep the difference between thepsychologically correct and the politically correct at bay.
Otherwise it is prime time to a.collusive underground that cam be.charged with a lot of emotional -regional baggagr, and their counterpart.

It is a sign of the times, that has reduced many from an escape from a freedom, that they , at one time were.able to recollect to strict reliance upon invisible lines in the sand.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6196
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby iambiguous » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:33 am

Meno_ wrote:That there are vastly larger forces at work then need personalities driving political powers, who's will has mostly lost objective criteria, in favor of optical , at times simulated structural expediency, has become commonplace and in no dire need of reconstruction.
Mostly, that structural efficacy requires constant psychologically derived mantras, that appear ironic to those who cam keep the difference between thepsychologically correct and the politically correct at bay.
Otherwise it is prime time to a.collusive underground that cam be.charged with a lot of emotional -regional baggagr, and their counterpart.

It is a sign of the times, that has reduced many from an escape from a freedom, that they , at one time were.able to recollect to strict reliance upon invisible lines in the sand.


See, there you go again. I'm just not sure if you are doing it on purpose.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 34970
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Meno_ » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:25 am

iambiguous wrote:
Meno_ wrote:That there are vastly larger forces at work then need personalities driving political powers, who's will has mostly lost objective criteria, in favor of optical , at times simulated structural expediency, has become commonplace and in no dire need of reconstruction.
Mostly, that structural efficacy requires constant psychologically derived mantras, that appear ironic to those who cam keep the difference between thepsychologically correct and the politically correct at bay.
Otherwise it is prime time to a.collusive underground that cam be.charged with a lot of emotional -regional baggagr, and their counterpart.

It is a sign of the times, that has reduced many from an escape from a freedom, that they , at one time were.able to recollect to strict reliance upon invisible lines in the sand.


See, there you go again. I'm just not sure if you are doing it on purpose.


Perhaps, if purpose can be both: given the current politically 'collusive' climate, is hard to differentiate between irony that doesn't fully , or intentionally borrow from some kind of fallacy inherent.

For instance, one can appear anti-Trump, and be accused of being pro trump, by giving fodder toward inverse, or contradictory argument.

Now the larger picture sees this by the Trumpets them selves., by arguing from both sides , presuming a grey middle, for Trump is really, a centrist fiscal conservative. (In essence, pseudo Kantian, arguing. from a position of what of a return to a synthetic ideology,l could have been- vis. before the Soviet fall's denigration of the ideological material dialectic, somehow left standing it's international anti-thesis,) bias; that of the idealistic counterpart of the romantic reactive , pre ww1 notion of unbridled pure Capitalism.

It is a.purported reconstruction, to a greatness that can be constructed anew.l, or so claimed.

So the Democratic melange with a very early socialist/Democratic movement (early 1900 type utopian socialist movements of early US unionized movements of labor) had collided early on with unbridled no holds barred capitalism, where by it garnered the conflict with the eventual outcome of the rise of authoritarianism, pretty much the same dynamic played out today.

Or think, of it is as credible way to analyze it in terms of this re vision of.
dogma, and to look at it in terms of intentionality of reductive types , focusing as effects, created by such psychological reductions: as occur between the mass psychological analysis of popular.cultural movements - toward the analytically reduced , prior precedent of basic phenomenal bracketing between the Dasein, and it''s effects.

What is reinforced.(by You) is the effected psychologism of basic existential reaction, to the basic problem caused by the larger force fields that the ideograms of dialectics created, as the existential dilemma came about withoutv the success to solve.them

The world wars designated the struggle to create a viable synthetic between capital (producer controlled ) and labor (consumer controlled) type systems , failed to synthesize into predictable forms .( national socialism).

The prior friends (Soviets and the Western Capitalist Democracies) failed.to sustain their friendship after the war, their democratic and social/capitalistic counterparts did not level the Authoritarian ( national social) fields. The wars became anathema, and did not offer but a symbolic anti-philosophical peace, soon to expire.

The result was the Sartre -a dismissal of the synthesis, an existential regression (nihilism- unintenslded- unobjective( without social cohesion or concession to a viable lasting contract, or a goal oriented movement as reified long term into a future post.l modernism: without deliverance into quasi synthetic unity.

Comes the demise of the dialectical materialism, or that of the state controlled market, and all hell breaks loose, and the NWO arises from the ashes of non history. Now, who can say, about a democratic vote?
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6196
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby iambiguous » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Meno_ wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Meno_ wrote:That there are vastly larger forces at work then need personalities driving political powers, who's will has mostly lost objective criteria, in favor of optical , at times simulated structural expediency, has become commonplace and in no dire need of reconstruction.
Mostly, that structural efficacy requires constant psychologically derived mantras, that appear ironic to those who cam keep the difference between thepsychologically correct and the politically correct at bay.
Otherwise it is prime time to a.collusive underground that cam be.charged with a lot of emotional -regional baggagr, and their counterpart.

It is a sign of the times, that has reduced many from an escape from a freedom, that they , at one time were.able to recollect to strict reliance upon invisible lines in the sand.


See, there you go again. I'm just not sure if you are doing it on purpose.


Perhaps, if purpose can be both: given the current politically 'collusive' climate, is hard to differentiate between irony that doesn't fully , or intentionally borrow from some kind of fallacy inherent.

For instance, one can appear anti-Trump, and be accused of being pro trump, by giving fodder toward inverse, or contradictory argument.

Now the larger picture sees this by the Trumpets them selves., by arguing from both sides , presuming a grey middle, for Trump is really, a centrist fiscal conservative. (In essence, pseudo Kantian, arguing. from a position of what of a return to a synthetic ideology,l could have been- vis. before the Soviet fall's denigration of the ideological material dialectic, somehow left standing it's international anti-thesis,) bias; that of the idealistic counterpart of the romantic reactive , pre ww1 notion of unbridled pure Capitalism.

It is a.purported reconstruction, to a greatness that can be constructed anew.l, or so claimed.

So the Democratic melange with a very early socialist/Democratic movement (early 1900 type utopian socialist movements of early US unionized movements of labor) had collided early on with unbridled no holds barred capitalism, where by it garnered the conflict with the eventual outcome of the rise of authoritarianism, pretty much the same dynamic played out today.

Or think, of it is as credible way to analyze it in terms of this re vision of.
dogma, and to look at it in terms of intentionality of reductive types , focusing as effects, created by such psychological reductions: as occur between the mass psychological analysis of popular.cultural movements - toward the analytically reduced , prior precedent of basic phenomenal bracketing between the Dasein, and it''s effects.

What is reinforced.(by You) is the effected psychologism of basic existential reaction, to the basic problem caused by the larger force fields that the ideograms of dialectics created, as the existential dilemma came about withoutv the success to solve.them

The world wars designated the struggle to create a viable synthetic between capital (producer controlled ) and labor (consumer controlled) type systems , failed to synthesize into predictable forms .( national socialism).

The prior friends (Soviets and the Western Capitalist Democracies) failed.to sustain their friendship after the war, their democratic and social/capitalistic counterparts did not level the Authoritarian ( national social) fields. The wars became anathema, and did not offer but a symbolic anti-philosophical peace, soon to expire.

The result was the Sartre -a dismissal of the synthesis, an existential regression (nihilism- unintenslded- unobjective( without social cohesion or concession to a viable lasting contract, or a goal oriented movement as reified long term into a future post.l modernism: without deliverance into quasi synthetic unity.

Comes the demise of the dialectical materialism, or that of the state controlled market, and all hell breaks loose, and the NWO arises from the ashes of non history. Now, who can say, about a democratic vote?


Okay, but: I [still] have absolutely no idea what you are attempting to argue here as it relates to Joe Biden, Barack Obama, and the Bilderberg Group.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 34970
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: So um, what's going to be your democratic vote?

Postby Meno_ » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:07 am

Put it into the existentially reduced clarity of which candidate is more reflective to the national>characterisrically more determined choice, rather then the more undetermined matrix of dialectically programmed international international social model, I waited until now when the field has become more focused on the two leaders.
The historical precedents have a lot of determinitive spin, as I substantiated.
I heard the NWO is consistent of the
most effect, and some one spoke of that as the way,.
The question is not what, but how to get there with the moat legitimacy.
The Democratic choice appears to favor favor Biden, on the rebound, as not as not taking too much of a reactive 'socialist' line.
If Trump balances, this antivalance. That changes the formula collusively, where social flows change characteristic exact personal political
platforms.
That is not new, the 2016 charge against Trump illustrated a newer trend: that of a presidential candidate without a platform
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6196
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum


Return to Current Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users