What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Just wondering if there actually is one?

Using his influence as president to force a foreign nation to get dirt on a political rival for personal gain?

Of course some wonder if there actually was one in regard to the impeachment of Bill Clinton.

And, in fact, as many Republicans insisted back then that in fact there was, as Democrats insist today that in fact there is against Trump.

I guess it depends in part [here] on what the technical definition of “is” is.

Only a desperate degenerate obsessed with the nil would ask what is is. There are no absolutes, dude. ‘is’ is whatever you want it to approximately be.

See this is what abrahamism has done to you. The hellenes never asked what is is. For fucks sake.

What crime is that in legal terms?

Don’t you think that’s an abuse of power?

US foreign policy ought to be for the benefit of the people of the US rather than for the benefit of the president himself.

I just would like the name of the actual crime sited, is that too much to ask?

Was it for personal gain? How about it was for the country to stop a corrupt candidate from becoming a corrupt president?

What prosecutorial evidence is there other than hearsay brought forth by parties with a political or personal bias against Trump? Both presidents have said that nothing inappropriate occurred and the transcript of the actual call shows nothing occurred. There is no evidence of any investigation of Biden. So where the beef?

Yes, he would personally gain.

That sort of rationalization appears to justify any action. It assumes that the candidate is corrupt, that if elected he/she would be a corrupt president, and that the corruption is worse than abusing power to block the candidate’s election. Pretty iffy.

Isn’t it up to the voters to decide who becomes president?

If a president is corrupt then he could be removed by impeachment.

All the testimony was hearsay?

As a citizen, Trump would gain. Every citizen would personally gain.

Explain some other way Biden’s son came into that position while Biden was in office? He was an expert with years of experience? Coincidence that his Dad, Joe Biden, was negotiating foreign policy with the Ukraine during the years Hunter served on the Burisma Gas Company board? Isn’t that corruption for the Vice President to leverage his position to favor his son’s position, resulting in a multimillion dollar salary for his son while Joe was negotiating with the same foreign power? His son was just an exceptional lawyer/lobbyist and it was happenstance, the timing?

Which witness wasn’t hearsay? I don’t know. As far as I know, Trump, The Ukraine president, and the transcriptionist were the only people involved.
People with an axe to grind can make up all sorts of stories of what they say Trump said but there’s nothing but their word and even that’s hearsay from Trump? The transcript says otherwise. Where are all the recordings or video phone evidence when you need it? Bummer.

Isn’t it up to the legal branches of the US government to investigate, rather than Trump pressuring the Ukraine?

What about all the other people who testified that there was pressure to force action from the Ukraine in exchange for foreign aid?

Let’s file this one under, “dueling objectivists”. :wink:

Or, sure, maybe :laughing:

How so?

Isn’t there such a thing as abuse of power?

Isn’t it in the interest of Americans to keep abuse of power in check?

Are there not credible witnesses?

Are there not fair and unfair trials?

Does it matter or it doesn’t matter?

Can Trump do whatever he likes?

Is Trump above the law?

What legal branches of government and their officials have not been spying on Trump or plotting to impeach him since the Russian hoax through illegal means?

Bring one Ukrainian official who was pressured forward to testify then. Is that too much to ask? Straight from the horse’s mouth, not some rabid dog’s mouth?

Ex-Vice Presidents cannot be corrupt, only current presidents, is that it?

If you don’t trust your own institutions, then you might as well fold up the country and go live in Jamaica.

You’re eating yourselves alive. No good will come of this. And it’s both sides. Don’t claim it’s only the other guys.

You don’t trust your own diplomats but you trust foreign officials who are desperate for aid.

Makes no sense.

Foreign officials testifying would nail Trump’s coffin. Fired or disgruntled American officials who swing Democrat not so much. Ukraine would definitely get their aid even if Trump was impeached due to the Dem’s wanting war with Mother Russia.

You don’t think Obama, The CIA, and FBI have abused their power regarding Trump, his campaign’s privacy, his family and associates, the Russia dossier and investigation started by Clinton and the DNC and organized/introduced to the public by the CIA and FBI? I wouldn’t ask agencies who were working against me to investigate an ex vice president who they were sympathetic to.

Trump is slowly draining the swamp from all areas of Washington and the thinking public will have to do the rest of it come election time. Trump did and maybe still does have some not so scrupled people around him, but even the minor congressionally told lie and backroom business dealing pale to the corrupt Democratic party and those officials who support that party.

So if they get aid by testifying against Trump, then their testimony may be politically motivated lies. At least that’s how Republicans could spin it. Right?

You’re on the edge of a complete political collapse. Partisanship will kill you.

It would be coming from the horse’s mouth, the only place it should come from, right? The republicans could say whatever they want to say, but the actual evidence would have spoken. Currently, the actual evidence says that it didn’t happen and I’m still waiting to read the legal charge against Trump? What do you mean by political collapse and partisanship killing me?

I thought the charge against Clinton was lying to Congress, that’s perjury isn’t it?