Should we swap Prince Andrew for Anne Sacoolas?

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Should we swap Prince Andrew for Anne Sacoolas?

Postby Maia » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:56 am

Prince Andrew is wanted in America for allegedly having sex with a 17-year-old woman, which is apparently illegal over there. Anne Sacoolas is wanted in the UK for allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road and killing someone on a motorbike, which I suspect is illegal on both sides of the Atlantic. Should we do a swap?
Maia
Philosopher

Re: Should we swap Prince Andrew for Anne Sacoolas?

Postby MagsJ » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Maia wrote:Prince Andrew is wanted in America for allegedly having sex with a 17-year-old woman, which is apparently illegal over there. Anne Sacoolas is wanted in the UK for allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road and killing someone on a motorbike, which I suspect is illegal on both sides of the Atlantic. Should we do a swap?

Good call..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:25 am

There’s a Dispatches investigation on the story, on Channel 4.. watching. :shock:

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby promethean75 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:55 am

Well the bourgeois are an entitled aristocratic class that shouldn't be restricted by the morality, and laws derived there from, of the lower plebian class they exploit sexually. It just wouldn't be right, and certainly not fair.

In fact, I fully support jus primae noctis and appreciate the privilege of being able to let some royal guy fuck my wife before I do. That, to me, is a great honor to the aristocracy, and I can't express my gratitude enough for being so fortunate.
Last edited by promethean75 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:57 am

That's right Promethean.

'Merica baby.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:14 am

...cuck!

Maia, you seem not to appreciate the untouchable status of your Royalty. Punishment for misconduct? Fat chance, it's not going to happen. The Royal family, like the Clintons, can get away with murder. And if they can't, it's a wrist-slap, nothing more.

I have a newfound respect for France. In France, just give em a reason, one misdeed and they'll roll out the guillotines, Aristocrat or not. Props to France.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby Maia » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:...cuck!

Maia, you seem not to appreciate the untouchable status of your Royalty. Punishment for misconduct? Fat chance, it's not going to happen. The Royal family, like the Clintons, can get away with murder. And if they can't, it's a wrist-slap, nothing more.

I have a newfound respect for France. In France, just give em a reason, one misdeed and they'll roll out the guillotines, Aristocrat or not. Props to France.

That's not strictly true. Charles I was beheaded in 1649 for being a tyrant, James II was deposed in 1688 for being a Catholic, and Edward VIII was deposed in 1936 for being a Nazi.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:42 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ble-future

9E91F82B-2A73-473C-8FBA-072D7704E1A4.jpeg
9E91F82B-2A73-473C-8FBA-072D7704E1A4.jpeg (117.27 KiB) Viewed 345 times

The Queen has given permission for Prince Andrew to “step back from public duties for the foreseeable future” after days of mounting pressure following his unrepentant interview with the BBC about his friendship with the convicted child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The Duke of York also said he was “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations if required” over the US probe into Epstein.

The development came on a day when BT said it would not work with a digital skills scheme that counts the duke as patron, amid a growing exodus of companies and other institutions after Andrew’s interview at the weekend and pressure from a woman who says the convicted child sex offender trafficked her to London to meet the royal and have sex with him.

Advertisement

His effective suspension from duties by his mother was announced in a statement issued in the prince’s name, which said: “It has become clear to me over the last few days that the circumstances relating to my former association with Jeffrey Epstein has become a major disruption to my family’s work and the valuable work going on in the many organisations and charities that I am proud to support.

“Therefore, I have asked Her Majesty if I may step back from public duties for the foreseeable future, and she has given her permission.”

He added: “I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein. His suicide has left many unanswered questions, particularly for his victims, and I deeply sympathise with everyone who has been affected and wants some form of closure. I can only hope that, in time, they will be able to rebuild their lives.

“Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required.”

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mowk » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:48 am

Prince Andrew is wanted in America for allegedly having sex with a 17-year-old woman, which is apparently illegal over there.

So what's the age of consent in England? If it's less why didn't he just stay there to have sex with young women?
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Maia » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:08 am

Mowk wrote:
Prince Andrew is wanted in America for allegedly having sex with a 17-year-old woman, which is apparently illegal over there.

So what's the age of consent in England? If it's less why didn't he just stay there to have sex with young women?

16. I don't know, perhaps he got bored.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:44 pm

So would the story be any different if he was accused in your land for intentionally having sex with a 15 year old. That seems different then the result of an accidental death from driving on the wrong side of the street. One seems to have taken place with intention, the other the result of an accident. Would you recommend a trade of intention for accident?
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Maia » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:07 pm

Mowk wrote:So would the story be any different if he was accused in your land for intentionally having sex with a 15 year old. That seems different then the result of an accidental death from driving on the wrong side of the street. One seems to have taken place with intention, the other the result of an accident. Would you recommend a trade of intention for accident?

The woman involved was 17. You can only make the analogy by changing the nature of what he actually did. Even if he did it, which he denies.

With regard to Anne Sacoolas, the likelihood is that she would have been given a suspended sentence. The outrage was caused when she told the police she would stick around to help their investigation, then took the first plane home.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:42 pm

which he denies.

They all do, for they perceive shame in it, if not their own, then societies. It is difficult to recognize the guilty from the innocent, but that is different then the accidental. Why get yourself all up in a bundle, about the if of a suspended sentence, and cooperation in an investigation, when it has been ruled an accident? A tragedy for sure. The tragedy of intent is an other issue, particularly if the intent is to get away with something. Do you feel Anne was attempting to get away with something, I feel your prince is.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Maia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 am

Mowk wrote:
which he denies.

They all do, for they perceive shame in it, if not their own, then societies. It is difficult to recognize the guilty from the innocent, but that is different then the accidental. Why get yourself all up in a bundle, about the if of a suspended sentence, and cooperation in an investigation, when it has been ruled an accident? A tragedy for sure. The tragedy of intent is an other issue, particularly if the intent is to get away with something. Do you feel Anne was attempting to get away with something, I feel your prince is.

She killed someone then ran away. It has not been ruled an accident, because she never faced justice for it. Fleeing justice is a serious crime. It would most certainly not be a suspended sentence now.

As for Prince Andrew, did he know she was 17? And if so, did he know that in America having sex with a 17-year-old is considered paedophilia? In other words, was it accidental?

But no one here cares about Prince Andrew. You can have him. When will Anne Sacoolis face justice?
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:18 am

"Fleeing justice is a serious crime."

Not if you have diplomatic status. Then it's not a crime, it's not even fleeing.

I mean, if we're going to go by what's a crime and what's not...
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:20 am

The law says nothing about pedophilia. It only mentions minors, and whether adults can have sex with them or not.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:21 am

I have a question: can you flee social justice?

I know that's not what this thread is about, but I'm trying to understand something.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:26 am

Not to mention, what we're really concerned about is not that necessarily. It's more that Epstein was a pimp, and the procedence of that girl is questionable at the very best.

At worst, your King Duke or whatever aided and benefitted from one of the deepest prostitution (often forced or as good as forced) and blackmail operations ever identified. A prostitution ring which specialized in under-aged girls which, if not necessarily pedophiliac, we do consider to be fucking disgusting, as these are girls that barely know where they are standing. Also girls with not the full-fledged rights of an adult.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:32 am

Anyway, the answer is yes. If you give us the prince, we'll give you Anna Sacoolas.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:19 am

A prostitution ring which specialized in under-aged girls which, if not necessarily pedophiliac, we do consider to be fucking disgusting, as these are girls that barely know where they are standing.

i have question. is this disgust because of the age of the girls, or the fact that they're involved in prostitution?

if it's because of the age only - that being below the age of consent - i have another question. is that disgust demographically relative, or do you have a number (age) in your head that applies everywhere? so for instance in india where the age of consent if 18, you're only disgusted with someone who has sex with a 17 year old. then you fly to a state in the U.S. where the age of consent is 16, and you're only disgusted with someone who has sex with a 15 year old. then you fly to china where the age of consent is 14, and you're only disgusted with someone who has sex with a 13 year old. have i got that right, or do you have a disgust threshold that is applicable throughout the entire solar system?

if it's because of the prostitution involvement - and this because such girls 'barely know where they stand' - is your disgust because those men running the ring didn't make clear enough what the girls would be doing? should they have been given a brochure and an orientation CD before being hired?

excluding of course any case where the girls are forced or blackmailed or threatened in some way which would coerce the girls into deciding to become prostitutes. i'd agree that that's a bit sketchy.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:23 am

It's disgusting because the girls are tricked, easy to trick, and are limited in their freedom by the very law that protects them. They can't just wip out a creditcard and bail out.

But it's far more than that. Epstein did some evil shit.

The sexual maturity of the girl has little or nothing to do with it.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:24 am

"excluding of course any case where the girls are forced or blackmailed or threatened in some way which would coerce the girls into deciding to become prostitutes. i'd agree that that's a bit sketchy."

That's the point broseph.

And I would like you to admit, it's more than a bit sketchy. It's straight fucked.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:25 am

They're not coerced into deciding to be prostitutes. They are coerced and mind fucked into prostituting themselvs.

S' different.

And 17 is the one we know about, the one the media was alowed to talk about. So that we'd all go "that's not THAT fucked."

But let me turn the question around on you: at what age does it get creepy?
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:29 am

How would you feel about Count Earl Andrew fucking an 11 year old?
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:30 am

And lastly, my virging-on-collaborationist friend, why was Epstein killed?
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Next

Return to Current Events