Understanding Rush Limbaugh

The purpose of Rush Limbaugh is not to strategize against the leftists or provide talking points where they can be engaged. His purpose is to help you accept the fact of them.

I think his purpose is to make money and feel relevant. Same with Mark Levin.

I accept you, Mr Reasonable.

With your lazy ass thinking and unacknowledged bias. You are still an American, goddamnit.

IN fairness this could be aimed at any person who we end up seeing in the media. And having those purposes is not mutually exclusive with have other kinds of value related goals. I would guess he generally thinks he is struggling to make the world a better place, and trying to reduce what he sees as bad or evil and increase what he sees as good. That doesn’t mean I like the guy or respect his communicative methods, but I think it’s a facile dismissal.

Karpel, I agree with part of what you’re saying. But I don’t even think that Rush Limbaugh thinks that Rush Limbaugh is doing good for the world.

Thanks man. That really means a lot to me.

I remember first hearing Rush Limbaugh when he was going on and on about Ruby RIdge and Waco and Janet Reno back in the day and even as a teenager I was like…this guy…right or wrong…is totally full of shit and knows it and he also knows that a lot of people listening to him don’t know it.

Hah, I used to feel that way about my crazy Italian republican uncle. But there was always like, why is this guy so fucking confident, even in that he is morally correct. He doesn’t feel evil, that’s weird, I thought.

Until one day he lay it out for me, why he is republican rather than democrat, actually defended the position and exhibited, if a tiny amount of, vulnerability like he somehow did have to explain why he was republican. Of course, Venezuelan society is ridiculously leftist. USA today is much more like vzla was then, it has shifted.

He’s not full of shit. What turns you off is not what he says, but the arrogance. There is a reason republicans are this way, and if you think that reason is Evil or some animalistic Greed and egocentrism, well, that’s why we need Rush in the first place. Help us deal with the fact of you.

I think the right/left distinction is heavily blurred once you’re outside the realm of philosophy and onto the ground. Like what if I agree that people should be able to have guns, but I also think that people should be able to have hookers and abortions? Can I be against private prisons and predatory banking policies and without being leftist?

It’s not realistic to look at individual policies and defend each independently.

Policies exist within an economy of power. 'S just the way it is.

I suppose.

The way you sound to me is a slightly to the left version of “fiscally conservative, socially liberal.” Libertarian with some democrat counterweight.

While this position does exist within the economy of power, it is not a very strong one. Doesn’t have too much by way of historical ancestry, there are too many conflicts that exist that it just doesn’t even look at.

Like, what does a person like that have to say about Kissinger’s theorem of the balance of superpowers? About Vietnam? Live and let live?

That’s why we need the republicans. They will rightly say “yeah, tell that to the China.”

It’s probably a reaction to being educated and living in Birmingham, Alabama.

Hah, maybe ditto with growing up in a leftist distopia.

It went from social democrat corrupt smugness to Dank communism so fast.

That’s why republicans dispair. They are like dude, it happens so fast, and you are like you are just fear mongering. But I seen it.

Weirdly, i still hate the Venezuelan right wing. Fascist fucks. But that’s because South America has an actual history of fascism, like Europe. USA has none of that, your right wing is blessed.

Alabama is a special case in a lot of ways. We still have the KKK here. MLK was in the same jail that I’ve been in a few times. We hosed black people with fire hoses for trying to go into white businesses not too long ago. When integration came down from the federal level, they had to bring in the national guard to move the governor of the state out of the doorway of a nearby university so that the first black students could go inside. This state votes republican so consistently that they don’t even bother to campaign here, and it also accepts more public assistance per capita for these poor white country people in the woods than any other state. We rank in the bottom 2 or 3 states for public education. I could go on and on. The people here think that they’re poor because of programs that help the poor…because they see black people getting money for food. They don’t realize that they’ve been divided and conquered by the upper upper class.

Like why does everyone think that it’s the middle class vs the poor when it should be the 2 of them against the high frequency traders and hedge fund managers?

This is my vision of of a right wing victory

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPTlvQ1Zet0[/youtube]

And it is very much what Trump represents. He damn near showed this very video to North Korea to get them to come to the table.

Just give it time. If Justice Ginsburg doesn’t live for 2 more years than it can happen fast just like you said.

Right wing victory in America there would be no black people with bentleys I can assure you.