Zionist Solutions

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Zionist Solutions

Postby Jakob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:41 am

It seems the Israelis have found a solution. I'm referring to the part I made bold.

the internet wrote:It is time for Israel to formally abandon the so-called two-state solution as well as the concept of a Palestinian state and instead push for the complete Israeli annexation of the West Bank and retaking of the Gaza Strip, Israeli politician Moshe Feiglin contended.
Feiglin is chairman of Israel’s Zehut Party and a former Likud Knesset Member.

In a wide-ranging interview, broadcast Sunday on this reporter’s weekend talk radio program, “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio,” Feiglin outlined a three point plan for Israel to “annex the total territory between the Mediterranean and the Jordan river.”

He was referring to Israel asserting full sovereignty over Judea and Samaria – territories commonly called the West Bank – as well as the annexation of the Gaza Strip.

There have been attempts within Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party to pass legislation calling for Israeli annexation. According to reports, however, Netanyahu asked lawmakers to put those plans on hold until the Trump administration unveils its forthcoming blueprint for Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.

Feiglin blamed Netanyahu and the right-wing in Israel for “failing” to propose a viable alternative to the two-state solution.

“The only reason that the Trump government will go to that concept of a two-state solution is because of Israel,” Feiglin posited.

“Not because of Trump. Trump, even before he got into office, he said the two-state solution is not the only solution. He was open to any other solution that the Israelis will bring. You cannot ask Trump to be more Catholic than the Pope. So, I have no complaints with Trump about it. The only problem is that the Israeli right never offered a real solution.”

Feiglin contended that the foundations for the creation of a Palestinian state rest on wrongful information that claims Israel is occupying Palestinian land. “This is our land,” he exclaimed. “We are talking about justice and not just realpolitik or pragmatism. … This is our land more than 3,000 years already.”

“These territories carry our identity,” he stated. “When you are walking the [Tomb of the Patriarchs and Matriarchs] in Hebron, 4,000 years of Jewish identity sticks to your shoes. You cannot run away from it.”

The politician argued that Israel’s past willingness to give up places like Hebron and other towns in Judea and Samaria that are steeped in Jewish history and identity constitutes “an inner identity conflict of the Jewish population in Israel and it has nothing to do with anyone else.”

He panned Israel’s 1967 decision to hand administrative control of the Temple Mount, Judaism’s holiest site, to the Waqf association controlled largely by Jordan and currently also by the Palestinian Authority.

With Israel’s acquiescence, the Waqf restricts Jews from visiting the Mount except on small tours for a limited time on certain days. The Waqf does not allow non-Muslims to pray on the Mount or bring holy objects to the site; whereas Muslim prayer is unrestricted. Waqf representatives closely monitor non-Muslim visitors to the site and are known to boot those engaging in prayer.

Feiglin proceeded to outline his Israeli annexation plan as an alternative to the two-state solution. He says he will use the plan as a central portion of his Zehut party’s platform in the next Israeli election.

“Israel has to reverse the Oslo concept,” he stated, calling for the dismantling of the Palestinian Authority. This way, he says, Palestinians will “not be afraid anymore of the terror regime” of the PA.

The 1993 Oslo Accords established categories of territory in which “Area A” is controlled entirely by the Palestinians; “Area B” is controlled by Israel, but administered by the PA; and “Area C,” which includes eastern sections of Jerusalem, is supposed to be entirely administered and controlled by Israel.

Stated Feiglin: “There is no a territory A, B and C. Just as Israel knew in 2002 when [Prime Minister Ariel] Sharon had to take over, conquer whole cities of Judea and Samaria again after a whole wave of terror actions, we have to do that again and annex the total territory between the Mediterranean and the Jordan river.”

“And no one besides the IDF and the Israeli police will be allowed to carry weapons and to have any kind of authority to use force between the Mediterranean and the Jordan river,” he stated.

As for the Palestinians, Feiglin’s plan would grant them three options:

- Palestinians can remain as permanent residents of Israel “and not be afraid” of PA reprisal. The Palestinians would need to declare that they are loyal to the Jewish state before becoming permanent residents. They will be fully protected by the Israel Defense Forces and Israeli police.

- Offer Palestinians wishing to leave a generous emigration package that would include the purchase of their homes, money to start a new life, and assistance with expediting the immigration process to new countries.

- Palestinians willing to serve in the Israeli military, pass Hebrew language and Israeli history proficiency tests and pledge their loyalty would eventually be granted full Israeli citizenship.

For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Re: Zionist Solutions

Postby URUZ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:21 am

Is it true that both Jewish and Palestinian people have claim to the lands there, that little corner on the Mediterranean between Egypt, Jordan and Syria? Also there are semitic Palestinians and Jewish Palestinians too, right?

Just trying to get a handle on the whole complex situation.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Postby URUZ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:43 am

Considering how many millions of Arabs/Palestinians are living there, and have been for a long time now, and also make claims to "holy lands", it seems best to me for there to be a two state solution. Although I am open to considering the other ideas you quoted above. But if put to a vote, I doubt the Arabs or Palestinians living there would vote for Israel to annex all of that land and then give them one of those three options... so basically it will be Israel deciding to do it without input from the millions of Arabs and Palestinians already living there, many of whom living in deep poverty... so I doubt such an annexation would be acceptable to very many of the Arabs or Palestinians there, and I doubt they would care for any of those three choices.

In which case, what would Israel gain from such a move? It would now have 3 million or however many new Arab/Palestinian residents or citizens to take care of, most of whom hate Israel and never agreed to have their lands (what they consider to be their lands, because they have been living there for a long time) taken away like that, without even being given a vote. Seems like this move could possibly further destabilize Israel. Which is why I think there should be a more or less equal split of the lands, since it seems like both parties/groups/ethnicities/religions can make strong claims to them.

Anyway I appreciate your helping me figure out the best way to look at these things, I must research them more.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Postby Rabbi Shekelstein » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 am

Jewish and zionist final solution, send them all packing to Israel.
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
Rabbi Shekelstein
New World Order Enthusiast

Postby URUZ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:13 am

My basic level understanding is that Jewish people lived on these lands about 3500 years ago, and then 'Palestinian' people (a loose sort of ethonational grouping, which includes some Jews and Christians too) lived there from about 1200 years ago and still do today. The Jewish religion/people who lived there originally (before the Palestinians anyway) seem to have the obvious original claim, certainly when compared to Islam which is much more recent, but it's more about the ethnicities of the people living there rather than just the religions. Being Jewish is as much about being ethically, genetically/racially Jewish to some degree as it is about being part of the Jewish religion, just as being Irish is about being genetically/racially Irish to some degree, or is that wrong?

I certainly want to see Jewish people, with their religion being at the basis of Christianity which is part of the basis of western civilization, have claim to their homelands. But I also want to see others have their claims too, and if Arab or Palestinian peoples, including Jews, Christians and Muslims, have been living there for 1200 years or longer then that is a very long time. I don't see how a 3500 year old claim to a land means one gets to move in and kick out everyone who has been there for the last 1200 years, that seems incorrect, especially when predicated on religious claims and I am not a huge supporter of religion to begin with. Of course I am not familiar with all of the wars that have caused these lands to change hands so many times over the last few thousand years, all of that history seems like it would be important to know in order to form meaningful ideas on this issue. And nowhere else can I see it legitimate to claim that a group of people from thousands of years ago could return and retake a ton of land that has been lost to them over that time, merely because they had been there first but then lost it... history doesn't really work that way, if it did then not many nations would have legitimate claims to their own lands, it seems, America first and foremost, also any part of the colonized world. We could look far enough back in time and see a group of people who used to control a region of land and no longer do, and then declare the land rightfully theirs... but land is basically owned by whoever asserts control over it. I don't know enough of Jewish history in this part of the world to know how and why they lost these lands, but I can see that might be significant to this question here.

The logic of the position of Israel here seems to be that they were there first, therefore it is theirs... but that same logic is not applied anywhere else, as far as I can tell. America is not about to give up its country and territory to Native Americans just because the natives were there first. So while I agree that the claim of originally settling those lands is very important, we should consider all factors here. Merely having been there a long time ago doesn't seem like a sufficient reason alone to be able to move in and annex territories. Or maybe it is, I am open to being convinced.

I would generally want all groups there to find a solution of mutual valuing to all parties with legitimate claims... these are "holy lands" and people of all three major religions, as well as all sort of ethnic and national heritages can trace themselves to it. This plurality of values must be respected, I think.

I would like more perspective and history to better inform my ideas here, if anyone is able to offer it. For one thing it seems super important to properly differentiate religious from ethnic/national heritage; most people seem to think of Jews as all being one group, when I know that is not correct.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Postby URUZ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 am

Originally the Israeli state bought its territory, and I know some was acquired during war with its neighbors such as Egypt and Jordan. But if Israel were to just annex all the rest of the Palestinian territories I can't see that turning out well for Israel at all. It would create way more terrorism and chaos, for one thing, and lead to far more hatred against them by other countries and maybe even cause economic sanctions against Isreal, and possibly even war in the region.

Just imagine the total shit storm it could cause. It might backlash against Israel in a huge way.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:25 pm

First let me quote the rest of the article.

Feiglin says he believes that many Palestinians will take the second option, citing numerous polls showing a sizable portion of the Palestinian population would chose to emigrate elsewhere if given the option.

He argued fear of PA reprisal and de facto rules that reportedly push the death penalty for Palestinians who sell property to Jews serve as the main obstacles to Palestinian mass emigration. The PA says it imposes a life sentence of hard labor to “anyone diverting, renting or selling land to an enemy state or one of its subjects.” In actuality, there have been scores of reports of extrajudicial killings of Palestinians caught selling property to Jews.

Feiglin was a longstanding member of the ruling Likud party, where he created the Manhigut Yehudit (Jewish Leadership) faction within the party. He served in the Knesset, including as the body’s deputy speaker. After a poor electoral showing in 2015, he left the Likud and formed his own party.

Some of his past electoral victories have at times rocked Israeli politics. In 2005, he came in third to serve as Likud chairman, following only Netanyahu and politician Silvan Shalom. In 2008, he took twentieth place in the Likud primaries and in 2013 he finished thirteenth, making it into the Knesset after his party won enough seats.

In the interview with this reporter, Feiglin predicted that early elections will be held due to the numerous investigations surrounding Netanyahu. He believes his party will do well in the next election, whenever it is held, due to the shift in the Israeli mood away from the two-state solution and possible support for his economic platform, which calls for the state to take more of a back seat in the economy and the private lives of citizens.

He stated: “We passed a tipping point in the Israeli conscience. … We are touching Israelis from different segments of Israeli society. We are talking about young Israelis in Tel Aviv. We’re talking about religious. Non-religious Israelis. Men. Women. … Israelis who want this combination. Want the full identity, want the whole country, but with less involvement of the state in their private lives.”

The so-called two-state solution calls for the creation of a Palestinian state, ostensibly in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and some eastern sections of Jerusalem, in exchange for the Palestinian Authority ending its conflict with Israel and living at peace with the Jewish state.

The “two-state solution” has been the defining formula for all Israeli-Palestinian negotiations, and so far every Israeli offer of a state has been rejected by the PA.

Israel offered the Palestinians a state with territory in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and Jerusalem at Camp David in 2000, Taba in 2001, the Annapolis Conference in 2007, 2008 and during U.S.-brokered talks in 2013 and 2014. Israel has since been willing to restart talks at any time.

According to some reports, Israel went so far as to offer the Palestinians control of the Temple Mount, Judaism’s holiest site, in at least two separate, desperate bids to make peace.

In each of these cases, without any exception, the Palestinian Authority rejected Israel’s offer of a state and bolted the negotiations. In most cases, they countered statehood offers with major escalations in violence, including infamously launching the deadly Second Intifada, or terrorist war, in response to the Camp David peace talks.

PA President Mahmoud Abbas currently refuses to come to the bargaining table. Besides the PA’s rejection of all previous statehood offers, a major issue blocking the “two-state solution” is that the PA, which would rule a future state, supports terrorism, incites against Israel, celebrates the killers of Jews and pays monthly stipends to those who murder Israelis. Abbas’s security forces have participated in scores of deadly attacks against Israelis. There have been ongoing attempts at reconciliation between Abbas’s Fatah Party and the Hamas terrorist organization.

We'v all been wondering if there can be a solution for as long as the new Israel is there, or in my case, as long as I am aware of the situation. Israel has offered the Palestinians way more concessions than Id ever see justified; I don't accept that, just because we were driven out, the occupiers now have claim to the land. It doesn't work that way for me, even if there are some centuries of occupation.

The bg Mosque, that "holy site" is built on top of what I left of our temple complex. For me as a philosopher, that means that they simply have less than zero claim to be there. It proves the sort of occupation of the land they represent. There is absolutely no way that they have the "right" to be there.

As far as backlash is concerned, naturally that is an existential concern. But realize that Jews have had backlash for simply existing since time immemorial and being driven out of their and can be seen as backlash for having it in the first place. The war against them that Germany started in 1933 and is still faring through the import of millions of Jew-haters and the recruitment of scumbags like the Joker into their nazi army is just one of the ways Jews are suffering backlash for existing.

There is hardly a state in the ME that hasn't allied with another to destroy Israel The result of earlier attempts is that Israel was able to annex more territories. In immense generosity it returned to Egypt the Sinai and bits of Syria back to its aggressors up north. In the case of Egypt this had some success, Egypt realized that Israel unlike its enemies, can be reasoned with, and thats what they've been doing since. But countries like Syria, Turkey and Iran, as well as Obolkistan have done nothing but try to destroy Israel. Since Germany, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Obolkistan and Iran couldn't do it together even with a huge list of allies, I suppose the Israelis are feeling it is time to finally cut the crap and just take their house back.

What they've come up here with seems actually possible to me.

Despite the fact that Palestinians do absolutely not live in abject poverty (that is Obolkie-news, they receive massive amount of aid and no Palestinian is hungry or homeless but still they blow up their own children and what not) I could see many of them choosing the option of being paid to leave, and others gratefully making use of the option of citizenry.

Everyone knows the two state option is a fairy tale. The Palestinians have always opted for destroying their own political seedling structures and sabotaging all peace talks, so as to be able to live without political responsibility, financed by massive aid from all kinds of gangster- and oil states. In as far as there are politically sane Palestinians, many of them are disenchanted by their so called allies in the Arab nations, that seek to do nothing to help find a solution, but only use them as leverage against the Israelis, who are simply the only people in the whole region who are able to cultivate their land.

The thing is that there has not been a perspective on a solution. Peace talks have never led to a rational attitude by the Palestinians, which makes a two sate solution even theoretically impossible where practically it is impossible as well -- these two little slivers of land without a single sane political impulse in 70 years, ruled entirely from the outside by violent islamic saboteur-states -- and in the end something has to be done.

Israel has tried for a two state solution but the perpetual Palestinian answer has been outright rejection of all claims of Jews to that land, making the actual demand that the Jews use pack up and leave. That is such an inhuman, even subhuman, archetypically disgraceful, ignorant, bestial attitude, that I think fate basically commands that Israel at last decide to cut the crap and move to the completion of the Zionist project, which will, in the end, bring civilization back to the Middle East.

https://vimeo.com/35313073
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Even just the fact that there were actually countries that are opposed to Israel hosting an embassy in their very own city of Jerusalem, the city of their ancient kings that they built, shows that Israel can never count on other countries behaving in a remotely rational or human way to them, and that they have to make their own path entirely. That the Palestinians oppose it, even claim that Jerusalem is the eternal capital of the people that invaded it and that the the ones that built it have no claim to it at all, forces me to see them are intruders. If they had any heart for the land they'd at least respect its origins, which happen to be even be the origins of their own religion. But they don't.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby URUZ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Thanks for this perspective, I can definitely see it this way too.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Actually it is a virtue of the Arabs that they can't form a fully fledged modern state, they're too poetic for it, too much aware of duplicity.

I am sure that a lot of Palestinians will be very relieved to leave all this uncertainty and hatred behind them and just opt for one of two interesting and dignified paths. Some will become Israelis, because it will give them a lot of power relative to what they can have in any current capacity.

Israel would become very strong if it could cultivate an islamic citizenry that is loyal to the Jewish state. The combination of these two religions as brothers under one roof will change the world. Jerusalem will become a true center of spiritual life, and a true healing place.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:30 am

That the Palestinians oppose it, even claim that Jerusalem is the eternal capital of the people that invaded it and that the the ones that built it have no claim to it at all, forces me to see them are intruders.

Some lands around the globe have been returned to their original inhabitants ... lands that had been usurped by foreigners ... setting precedent for your above comment.

OTH ... how much land has never been ... and likely never will be ... returned to the original inhabitants.

Israel would become very strong if it could cultivate an islamic citizenry that is loyal to the Jewish state. The combination of these two religions as brothers under one roof will change the world. Jerusalem will become a true center of spiritual life, and a true healing place.

Aren't Christians orphans of the Jewish state as well?
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby Rabbi Shekelstein » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Time is running out for Jews all around the world as more and more are catching onto their global cosmopolitan scheme where they want to rule it all. Pretty soon they're going to run out of friends globally as they'll be revealed for what they truly are, a menace to civilization itself and a bunch of nation wreckers.
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
Rabbi Shekelstein

Postby URUZ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Keep your madness to yourself, crazy racist.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Postby Rabbi Shekelstein » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:36 am

UrGod wrote:Keep your madness to yourself, crazy racist.

Another Jew lover like Jakob I see.
Rabbi Shekelstein

Postby Gloominary » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:06 am

Jakob wrote:Actually it is a virtue of the Arabs that they can't form a fully fledged modern state, they're too poetic for it, too much aware of duplicity.

I am sure that a lot of Palestinians will be very relieved to leave all this uncertainty and hatred behind them and just opt for one of two interesting and dignified paths. Some will become Israelis, because it will give them a lot of power relative to what they can have in any current capacity.

What do you mean the Palestinians didn't build Jerusalem?
The Palestinians are probably more genetically related to the original Jews of Israel than you are.
Much, if not most of your Ashkenazi blood is by now European, where as most of their blood is from that part of the world, whatever you want to call it, Palestine or Israel and surrounding territories.

Israel would become even stronger if it incorporated Mexican, Nigerian and Sri Lankan people.
Multiculturalism has strengthened Canada 1000 fold.
The only way for Israel to have peace, is to become multicultural.
Gloominary
Thinker

Postby Gloominary » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:14 am

Here's something like what Jesus, if he existed, would've looked like:

Hey, it's king David's great, great, great> grandson:

Or is this Ethiopian Jew him:

:-k
Gloominary
Thinker

Postby Jakob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Multi-culturalism simply means no-culturalism.

Canada, absent Quebec, lost its culture through the actions of Castro's son, as did the UK under its new Sharia laws. Thankfully that is not my problem.

One might argue that Islam is a culture, but that argument is quickly defused by pointing out that it only tolerates one book, and no free reading of that book. Obviously thats not culture.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Ashkenazi Jews preserve the original genius of the Jews. Jews are a shamanic people, which is why the sharpest of them traveled to Viking lands.

I also like Reggae-Jews. They also preserve the original shamanic genius.
https://soundcloud.com/jakob-milikowski/eve

You see I don't judge based on skin color. Nor do Jews. We look to integrity, passion, honour, courage, and consistency. The qualities so many peoples lack, the qualities that cause envy, and its nastiest form, antisemitism.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Without the Hebrew pillar of spirit the occident will behave as England, Germany and France are doing - all countries where we have been expelled. All countries on the brink of death. Not to speak of Iran, Iraq, Syria, - all peoples lands where we belong among the people. Their attacks on us are literally directed at themselves. We are part of what they are. We are the first sons. Deny it they won't, ignore it they will. Why? I don't understand, I do not grasp the will of a culture to rid itself of a great creative and facilitating intelligence.
Last edited by Jakob on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:45 pm

I wish only for peace.
But peace must include the right of all peoples to their ancestors lands. A few hundred square miles is not too much to ask for these ancient sources of the great religions.
This goes for Kurds and for any people of culture that has uninterruptedly yearned for their home in displacement by greedy molochs.
It is a natural law that says that such things must be resolved. The Hebrews strategized for three thousand years uninterruptedly and then, as they had grown more powerful than most others, they were attacked and then it followed that what remained of them passed through the veil of death and arrived from hell onto Earth, where heaven lies ahead of every man woman and child.
After a thousand generations of struggle, the repossession of the land is still seen as a crime by many. Man is as yet not a human being, but a wretch, a terrible, vicious worm in the intestines of his own potential.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Israel is not yet a beautiful state. It is an occupied territory with a lot of cultivation and cities, and it has the excitement of a war-camp. It is powerful and rewarding to be inside of but its people do not yet have the... not yet decadence but not even the luxury of self-trust, of the knowledge that one belongs where one is, that one is home;

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in."- {from Death of the Hired Man, by Robert Frost}
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Gloominary » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 pm

Jakob wrote:Multi-culturalism simply means no-culturalism.

Canada, absent Quebec, lost its culture through the actions of Castro's son, as did the UK under its new Sharia laws. Thankfully that is not my problem.

One might argue that Islam is a culture, but that argument is quickly defused by pointing out that it only tolerates one book, and no free reading of that book. Obviously thats not culture.

In that case, would Canada benefit from taking steps to become mono-cultural?

I might argue that Islam is first and foremost a religion, and various cultures have been influenced by and sprung up around it, from the Moroccans to the Kazakhs to the Indonesians.

Islam tolerates many books, but only a few, chief among them the Koran, are thought to have been, revealed.
Last edited by Gloominary on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloominary
Thinker

Postby URUZ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Gloominary wrote:

In that case, should Canada take steps to become mono-cultural?

I would argue Islam is primarily a religion, and various cultures have been influenced by and sprung up around the religion of Islam, from the Moroccans to the Kazakhs to the Indonesians.

Islam tolerates many books, but only a few, chiefly among them the Koran, are thought to have been, revealed.

Religions are social movements.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:51 pm

UrGod wrote:
Gloominary wrote:

In that case, should Canada take steps to become mono-cultural?

I would argue Islam is primarily a religion, and various cultures have been influenced by and sprung up around the religion of Islam, from the Moroccans to the Kazakhs to the Indonesians.

Islam tolerates many books, but only a few, chiefly among them the Koran, are thought to have been, revealed.

Religions are social movements.

They can be social movements, unless they settle down that is.

Aggressive proselytizing and revolutionary religions are always on the march.

And while a religion can be an aspect of one's culture, I don't think it can be a culture unto itself.
Gloominary
Thinker

Postby URUZ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Social movements are not the same as cultures, of course.
EIHWAZ PERTHO NAUTHIZ

ANSUZ
URUZ
Philosopher

Next

Return to Current Events