Today's Stock Market Crash: Mr Reasonable

Yeah that’s a good idea, but probably wouldn’t make much at 1:1 leverage.

Yeah, I am definitely bearish against the long term prospects of the American dollar.

Kind of reminds me of a shell game. :wink:

Bearish etf fund is probably mostly euro. USD indexes usually are.

Another day where the U.S. DOW sheds another 500 points.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRiDcv19luo[/youtube]

This song is devoted to the constant roller coaster ride of the United States economy and stock market this year of 2018.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cbsLKXasQ[/youtube]

And you’ll notice the USD got stronger.

Usually, when stocks go down, the yen is the strongest, followed by the USD, then EUR, then GBP, then CAD, then NZD, then AUD. AUD takes it on the chin from all other majors. So if the market crashes, the yen, usd, euro, and pound will soar and will need moar QE infinity to hold them down somewhat.

When Fukushima happened, the yen skyrocketed and the G7 convened to sanction yen selling (buying other currencies) to hold it down. That’s why I say if Japan sunk into the ocean and ceased to be a country, the yen would go infinite, which makes no sense, but that’s how the computers are programmed. The yen is THE most desired thing on the planet, apparently.

I believe this is the end game of the United States dollar through devaluation and being slowly squeezed out of the international oil markets which is the United States Achilles heel.

A lot of computer programmers and designers are Japanese. Correlation? :-k

I hope you’re right because I am net-short the usd, but a market crash will negate that. Essentially I’m net-long US stocks.

Look at japan tradingeconomics.com/japan/cent … ance-sheet Click max. Look at all that printing, but the yen just won’t go down.

USDJPY was 300 in the 70s and now the yen is much stronger in spite of all the printing. fred.stlouisfed.org/series/DEXJPUS

And in spite of near-zero interest rates for 20 years fred.stlouisfed.org/series/INTDSRJPM193N

Imagine if they stopped printing or raised rates? The yen would knock the moon from the sky!

United States DOW takes another dump. Repeat after me: Government/ national debt, deficits, unemployment, inflation, GDP, and inherent structural weaknesses of the markets doesn’t matter! :laughing: Economic fundamentals don’t matter! :sunglasses: Nothing to see here, move along!

[The era of make believe, fantasy, and extend pretend economics.]

We here in the United States live in an alternative virtual reality, get with the program!

[The power of a delusional fantasy nation in decline on the way to total collapse.]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE[/youtube]

Do what?

The Dow stages best comeback in 8 weeks as stock market recovers from rout marketwatch.com/story/dow-i … 2018-04-04

It’s up 6-700 points off the lows. Will probably run up to the .618 fib.

A little nugget of information I came across today that will define the United States and international markets the next few years.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lin-a2lTelg[/youtube]

Don Henley version

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvFj3v049rY[/youtube]

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That’s how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
Everybody knows that the captain lied
Everybody got this broken feeling
Like their father or their dog just died

Everybody talking to their pockets
Everybody wants a box of chocolates
And a long stem rose
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that you’ve been faithful
Ah give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you’ve been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows

And everybody knows that it’s now or never
Everybody knows that it’s me or you
And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah when you’ve done a line or two
Everybody knows the deal is rotten
Old Black Joe’s still pickin’ cotton
For your ribbons and bows
And everybody knows

And everybody knows that the Plague is coming
Everybody knows that it’s moving fast
Everybody knows that the naked man and woman
Are just a shining artifact of the past
Everybody knows the scene is dead
But there’s gonna be a meter on your bed
That will disclose
What everybody knows

And everybody knows that you’re in trouble
Everybody knows what you’ve been through
From the bloody cross on top of Calvary
To the beach of Malibu
Everybody knows it’s coming apart
Take one last look at this Sacred Heart
Before it blows
And everybody knows

^^^^Nice, I like that version of the song better Serendipper. :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing that.

Yeah I do too, but wasn’t sure if it’s because I’ve never heard the other guy lol. I thought it was a Don Henley tune originally. :blush:

I like Henley. The Garden of Allah is a good one, but it’s not on youtube anymore.

[i]It was pretty big year for predators
The marketplace was on a roll
And the land of opportunity
Spawned a whole new breed of men without souls
This year, notoriety got all confused with fame
And the devil is downhearted, babe, cause
There’s nothing left for him to claim

He said it’s just like home
It’s so low-down I can’t stand it
I guess my work around here has all been done

And the fruit is rotten, the serpent’s eyes shine
As he wraps around the vine,
In the garden of Allah[/i]

azlyrics.com/lyrics/donhenl … allah.html

The devil is out of a job :laughing:

Zero, shale oil has allowed the US to become the biggest exporter or oil. We’ve kept prices stable in spite of massive OPEC cuts, and we’re getting closer with the Saudis as we both maintain interest in getting oil prices up for 1) so that fracking remains viable here and so that LNG can see price increases as the oil price goes up, and 2) so that when the Aramco IPO drops that the Saudis can get a premium for the shares with the price of a barrel of oil up nice and high. That’s why we’re on board with the blockade of Qatar in spite of it housing one of our biggest military installations in the world. They’re sitting on top of the biggest proven LNG reserve in the world, and the Saudi’s don’t want them flooding the market while they’re trying to drive up prices for the Aramco IPO. So until those prices are high enough for Salman to get a valuation of 16 trillion or something for his state oil company, anyone in the middle east trying to dump petroleum for cheap is a terrorist, OPEC knows that getting in too deep and doing the same with their production will be the catalyst that leads to escalations of conflicts in the world that no one wants to see.

If you like complicated, fast moving things that are hard to understand, try keeping up with the global energy markets. It’s very entertaining stuff, and it shows that most politics is just a red herring intended to throw you off the ugly human reality of how shit actually works.

Another day the DOW drops 500 points, everything is awesome!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2EUUF47Ms[/youtube]

The more I am studying international events the more I’m convinced that western civilization’s economy is rigged to the point it will not collapse from within or internally at all.

There is no revolutionary or political will inside our western nations to do anything and without either there is no stopping them domestically.

It is going to take an external crisis to bring this monstrosity down do its knees and I believe China or Russia might be that external factor.

No, the economic rigging, theft, and pillaging of the west will only stop once Russia along with China put their foots down saying enough is enough in unison. I don’t believe that the Russian or Chinese governments are any better however in comparison to the United States government they’re choir boys. I am really hoping that the Chinese and Russians destroy the western globalist economic system as it will give us western revolutionaries a clean slate to clear up our own nations purging it of individuals that are enemies or menaces of all humanity.

Right now we’re on the verge of world war III in Syria where I’m really hoping China or Russia are smart enough in their dismantling of United States imperial globalism. If they can through coordination collapse the United States economy externally we may yet be able to avoid another world war before it starts. Best of luck to both Russia and China currently as they are the only nations that are able to stop this onslaught of western globalism. The enemy of my greater enemy can sometimes be my friend and if not my friend at the very least potentially temporarily being useful for my (our) desired interests. The world is at an impasse now and the fate of the planet is hanging in the balance.

Things are gonna get mighty rough here in gomorrah-by-the-sea :wink:

Thankfully I live inland, if you live in coastal areas you’re going to have a bad time to put it mildly.