Gravity

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Gravity

Postby Guide » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 pm

Does being in high gravity slow one down? Slow down the rate of causality? Could one use high-gravity as a time machine, for future travel?
Guide

Re: Gravity

Postby Gloominary » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Not half as much as being baked.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Serendipper » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:04 am

Guide wrote:Does being in high gravity slow one down? Slow down the rate of causality? Could one use high-gravity as a time machine, for future travel?

Yes because there is no way to tell if the force one feels is from the acceleration of gravity or through space, which is why I suspect there is really no difference and standing still in high gravity is the same as traveling at great speed through space.

Serendipper
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:15 pm

Qua energy expenditure that is certainly the case.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Gravity is tremendously weaker than electromagnetism, as when we're up on a high mountain, and spread metal on the ground, OUR MAGNET WOULD PICK UP THE METAL AGAINST THE ENTIRE GRAVITY OF THE MOUNTAIN!

This is because gravity has to fight its way through 11 dimensional hyperspace, where with each dimension, it gets increasingly weaker. This is in our science of M theory, which merges nicely with relativity because the strings can theoretically curl, like how gravity warps spacetime.

A more appropriate way to travel into the future, even more thought provoking than a black hole/gravity time machine is to ponder time as a river, forking and branching, curling and twisting its way through all kinds of crazy labyrinths and paradoxical configurations. We need to channel, harvest, and focus the flow of time into alternative destinations, effect the very chaos of growth, change, and evolution.

And when we reach lightspeed, and slow down in time, then we become God, because God is light, and is beyond time.
RaptorWizard ~ The Gale Force Tyranny Cosmos viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195061
Secret Garden viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
Buddha Unleashed viewtopic.php?f=25&t=195208
Nihilus Harnesses Yoda Wisdom viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195214
Kazaam viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195203
I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Existence is entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby ExtraCoronas » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:10 pm

If a steadily accelerating frame of reference creates the exact same conditions as does being in a gravity field, then it makes sense to assume the two are the same thing.

So acceleration is gravity ^nth power. And gravity is just mass creating acceleration around itself. That acceleration can’t be felt as movement because we are moving in tandem to it, as we are stuck against something more massive than ourselves in that field. Same with being on an accelerating train or whatever.

So what causes mass to produce that effect? Ask a philosopher. Mass is a lower order continuum of increasing rate of movement toward its own center. Why?

Well ask yourself what it means to “exist”.
ExtraCoronas

Return to Science, Technology, and Math