weird hissing sound as Paranormal phenomenon

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

weird hissing sound as Paranormal phenomenon

Postby newegg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:22 am

I sit in a chair in a Room. Hear a hissing sound. I turn my head and the hissing sound is gone. I move my hair out of my ear. The hissing sound is still there. But I rotate my head 90 degrees it is gone. When my head is at 45 degrees it is gone. But 0 degrees parallel to the wall it is there.

I get up, move to another room to post this online. Then I go back to the room. The hissing sound is not there.

What is going on? How can a sound, suddenly dissapear and reappear completely like that? I can understand, if a sound becomes quieter based on rotation. But I cannot understand how it dissapears completely.

Second, I have no idea what the sound was or what the source of it was. The effect is non-reproducable and thus Paranormal.
newegg
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: weird hissing sound as Paranormal phenomenon

Postby wuliheron » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:31 am

It could be a brain fart. Your hearing is cross-wired with your vision and the results are often comical. For example, you can swear someone standing right in front of you is saying one thing, when they've actually said something completely different. The words don't even have to sound all that similar, because your vision is telling your ear what it is you are hearing, even though its wrong.
wuliheron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:31 am

Re: weird hissing sound as Paranormal phenomenon

Postby newegg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:32 am

wuliheron wrote:It could be a brain fart. Your hearing is cross-wired with your vision and the results are often comical. For example, you can swear someone standing right in front of you is saying one thing, when they've actually said something completely different. The words don't even have to sound all that similar, because your vision is telling your ear what it is you are hearing, even though its wrong.


A fart refers to an emphermal blip in time. This was a continuous, non stop hissing, a stream of sound.
newegg
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: weird hissing sound as Paranormal phenomenon

Postby wuliheron » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:28 am

newegg wrote:
wuliheron wrote:It could be a brain fart. Your hearing is cross-wired with your vision and the results are often comical. For example, you can swear someone standing right in front of you is saying one thing, when they've actually said something completely different. The words don't even have to sound all that similar, because your vision is telling your ear what it is you are hearing, even though its wrong.


A fart refers to an emphermal blip in time. This was a continuous, non stop hissing, a stream of sound.


Sometimes its more than one fart and takes a while to work itself out.
wuliheron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:31 am

Re: weird hissing sound as Paranormal phenomenon

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:05 pm

newegg wrote:I sit in a chair in a Room. Hear a hissing sound. I turn my head and the hissing sound is gone. I move my hair out of my ear. The hissing sound is still there. But I rotate my head 90 degrees it is gone. When my head is at 45 degrees it is gone. But 0 degrees parallel to the wall it is there.

I get up, move to another room to post this online. Then I go back to the room. The hissing sound is not there.

What is going on? How can a sound, suddenly dissapear and reappear completely like that? I can understand, if a sound becomes quieter based on rotation. But I cannot understand how it dissapears completely.

Second, I have no idea what the sound was or what the source of it was. The effect is non-reproducable and thus Paranormal.


lol Maybe you have an unwelcome boarder living in your wall which somehow squeezed itself in. A snake! If I were you, I would have that checked out. Watch out for openings in your wall. Not everything is about the paranormal. Seek and you may find. :mrgreen:

WB (maybe?????)
Joseph Joubert ~~

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.


The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.


“We love repose of mind so well, that we are arrested by anything which has even the appearance of truth; and so we fall asleep on clouds.”


You have to be like the pebble in the stream, keeping the grain and rolling along without being dissolved or dissolving anything else.
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15173
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: weird hissing sound as Paranormal phenomenon

Postby gib » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:11 pm

newegg wrote:I sit in a chair in a Room. Hear a hissing sound. I turn my head and the hissing sound is gone. I move my hair out of my ear. The hissing sound is still there. But I rotate my head 90 degrees it is gone. When my head is at 45 degrees it is gone. But 0 degrees parallel to the wall it is there.

I get up, move to another room to post this online. Then I go back to the room. The hissing sound is not there.

What is going on? How can a sound, suddenly dissapear and reappear completely like that? I can understand, if a sound becomes quieter based on rotation. But I cannot understand how it dissapears completely.

Second, I have no idea what the sound was or what the source of it was. The effect is non-reproducable and thus Paranormal.


I think your head's leaking air.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez

That's earth therapy. You might as well ask a horse to fix a merry-go-round. I mean, he'll try his best, but mostly, he's just gonna get horrified.
- Rick Sanchez

You're young, you have your whole life ahead of you, and your anal cavity is still taut yet malleable.
- Rick Sanchez
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8649
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom


Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users