Self-treating fevers

From the Mayo clinic, a pretty standard medical establisment way of dealing with fevers…

Fevers are part of the bodies defense. It is both a sign of immune response and the raised temperature is part of the attack on the bacteria/virus. Why suppress it?
‘If you are uncomfortable…’ Well, who isn’t uncomfortable when one has a fever?
There are fever levels, generally 105 and up where one should take measures - though they don’t have to be chemical ones - to lower the body’s temperature. But below these there is no good reason to stifle the body’s own immune response. People most likely think the pills they are taking are medicine. They are not medicine. They are attacking your body, not the invader.

Coincidentally, I have a fever now lol! Sweating it out is the general tactic, but I’m not chilled so I can’t take the heat required to accomplish that.

I have no explanation for the feverish crusade against fevers except that they’d prefer you spend more money on meds. Sometimes I suspect my immunity is less than my fathers because my mother rushed me to the dr at every sniffle which left my body too reliant on meds rather than developing its own defenses.

Yup.