Medical Benefits Of The Orgasm

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Medical Benefits Of The Orgasm

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:40 pm

How can one easily improve their health? By orgasming. Masturbation is not discounted in its benefits, but more benefits occur when the orgasmic experience is shared with a partner. Common medical benefits shared by both sexes who orgasm regularly (a recommended minimum of three times weekly):

1. Live longer

"In 1997, a group of researchers in Wales decided to look into the relationship between orgasms and mortality. They studied the sexual frequency of 918 men between the ages of 45 and 59. They evaluated those who died from coronary heart disease and discovered that those who had two or more orgasms a week died at a rate half of those who had orgasms less than once a month. The researchers concluded that “sexual activity seems to have a protective effect on men’s health.”

While women’s orgasms have not been studied as extensively, Howard S. Friedman, PhD, and author of “The Longevity Project: Surprising Discoveries for Health and Long Life,” decided to look into research conducted on couples. He cited a marital satisfaction study conducted by Stanford psychologist Lewis Terman in 1941, looking at the sex lives of 1,500 Californian couples. Terman recorded the frequency of orgasms these women had. Twenty years later, Friedman and his colleagues studied the death certificates of each of the women in Terman’s study. What they discovered was that the women who reported a frequency of orgasm during intercourse tended to live longer than those who reported being less sexually fulfilled.~Renee Jacques, HuffingtonPost
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Re: Medical Benefits Of The Orgasm

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:55 pm

2. Boosts the auto-immune system

People who have sex have higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders. Researchers at Wilkes University in Pennsylvania found that college students who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of the a certain antibody compared to students who had sex less often.~ Kara Mayer Robinson, WebMD

3. Boosts your libido

4. Lowers blood pressure

Research suggests a link between sex and lower blood pressure, says Joseph J. Pinzone, MD. He is CEO and medical director of Amai Wellness.

“There have been many studies,” he says. “One landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.” That's the first number on your blood pressure test.

WebMD
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:09 pm

5. Improves sleep

“After orgasm, the hormone prolactin is released, which is responsible for the feelings of relaxation and sleepiness" after sex, says Sheenie Ambardar, MD. She is a psychiatrist in West Hollywood, Calif.~WebMD

6. Eases Stress and Depression

Ambardar says touching and hugging can release your body's natural “feel-good hormone.” Sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain’s pleasure and reward system.

Sex and intimacy can boost your self-esteem and happiness, too, Ambardar says. It’s not only a prescription for a healthy life, but a happy one.~WebMD

7. Detoxes the body

Due to perspiration during sex we naturally flush out toxins as our blood flow increases. Sweating causes an overall lymphatic massage and also releases skin-nourishing oils.~Alex Myles
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:21 pm

8. Increases your memory

During climax blood circulation is increased which transports nutrients and oxygen to the hypothalamus, which is the center of the brain for memory and learning, keeping the brain alert.~Alex Myles, ElephantJournal.

9. Reduces appetite and cravings for junk food

Serotonin is released giving us a sense of calm and wellbeing and in turn reduces our desire to consume junk food. The secretion of Oxytocin raises levels of CCK, which, helps control the appetite and reduces levels of cortisol known to cause inflammation, boost belly fat and increase carvings for carbs.

The release of dopamine, which increases just before an orgasm, also reduces our appetite, making us less likely to snack between meals. Sex activates the production of phenetylamine, which is a natural amphetamine that helps to regulate our appetite.

10. Burns calories
As the heart rate increases more calories are burned. While an orgasm itself only burns around three calories, leading up to burns the most. Half an hour of active sex can burn around 150 calories.

Plus, muscles all over the body are toned in the process.~Alex Myles, ElephantJournal.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:28 pm

I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:18 pm

11. Look younger

Sex may also be the key to turning back the clock. Dr. David Weeks, a British clinical psychologist, spent 10 years questioning thousands of men and women between the ages 40 and 50 on their sexual practices as time went on. The ones who looked the youngest after a decade reported having sex three times a week as opposed to their not-so-youthful counterparts who had sex two times a week.

Weeks says: “Sexual satisfaction is a major contributor to quality of life, ranking at least as high as spiritual or religious commitment and other morale factors, so more positive attitudes towards mature sex should be vigorously promoted,” according to The British Psychological Society.~Brittany Smith, Men'sFitness.

12. Relieves pain

As we orgasm, chemicals known as endorphins are released which are natural pain relievers, alleviating headaches, stomach pains and even arthritis. Orgasms are thought to reduce pain up to 70%. Inflammation and swelling are also known to decrease.

Oxytocin, a peptide that contains nine amino acids also dulls pain, creates a feeling of wellbeing and acts as a natural painkiller.~Alex Myles.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Dan~ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:52 pm

maybe it's only true in reverse.

Healthy people bang more often,
not bang more often = healthy people.

do you see what i mean?
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:01 am

Both are true. Sex is conducive to health in re-invigorating, re-establishing, maintaining, enhancing, etc.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Dan~ » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:17 am

It seems so many people think sex and masterbation is evil.
I think it is a form of exercise, and it's not a big deal.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:20 am

It is a big deal though for two reasons, the better health bit being one of them and procreation is the other.

I haven't even incorporated the sex/gender specific health benefits yet.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:27 am

One of today's controversies revolves around discovering the proper attitude towards sex with regards to health, morality, and reproduction. Any thoughts?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Dan~ » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 am

WendyDarling wrote:One of today's controversies revolves around discovering the proper attitude towards sex with regards to health, morality, and reproduction. Any thoughts?

I think humans are not sexually worthy / developed.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:53 am

Dan~ wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:One of today's controversies revolves around discovering the proper attitude towards sex with regards to health, morality, and reproduction. Any thoughts?

I think humans are not sexually worthy / developed.

Care to elaborate a bit more?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Orgasmic health benefits for men:

1. Prevents prostrate cancer

If you want to get lucky, in more ways than one, have sex every day (or nearly every day) and your risk of developing prostate cancer will drop by 33 percent, according to 10-year follow-up of a Harvard study from 2004. Men who orgasm over 20 times a month are a third less likely to suffer from the cancer compared to those who only ejaculate four to seven times a month. Ejaculation is key here. The study authors believe purging your body of old sperm releases beneficial hormones in the body and dispels precancerous cells out of the body.~Brittany Smith, Men'sFitness

2. Lowers erectile dysfunction

To keep a car running smoothly you've got to drive it; the same goes for your penis. The more sex you have, the better your sexual health, especially when it comes to getting it up, according to a 2008 study published in The American Journal of Medicine. Men aged 55-75 who had sex less than once per week had twice the incidence of erectile dysfunction as men who have sex once a week (there were 79 cases of ED per 1,000 compared to 32 cases of ED per 1,000). But if you really want to reduce your risk, shoot for three times per week (only 16 cases of ED per 1,000).~Brittany Smith, Men'sFitness.

Orgasmic benefits for women:

1. Improves bladder control

A strong pelvic floor is important for avoiding incontinence, something that will affect about 30% of women at some point in their lives.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:42 pm

No orgasms people?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Pandora » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:30 pm

lol Wendy,

I don't think there's a guy on this forum that would argue against medical benefits of organisms.
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Pandora » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:32 pm

Bah!
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Females usually fake orgasms (unless she's with me, of course I am the exception, right?) since only males can ejaculate. Most recreational sex acts are boring for women, who do it primarily to please and release her man's sex drive. Women also have sex primarily to maintain the loyalty of a beta-nice guy-relationship-male.
Urwrongx1000
Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:10 am

Pandora wrote:lol Wendy,

I don't think there's a guy on this forum that would argue against medical benefits of organisms.

Organisms Pandabear? :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:14 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Females usually fake orgasms (unless she's with me, of course I am the exception, right?) since only males can ejaculate. Most recreational sex acts are boring for women, who do it primarily to please and release her man's sex drive. Women also have sex primarily to maintain the loyalty of a beta-nice guy-relationship-male.

There are probably many women who do not masturbate to orgasm enough to vocalize their needs to a man well enough that he is able to replicate her desires, then there are countless lazy men who don't really give a flying fuck if the women orgasms, the lazy boring fuckers who women just can't wait to get rid of, so they fake an orgasm to end the lame experience. These lazy fuckers drive women to become asexual eventually or the woman looks for a man who isn't a lazy fucker and beds him.

I wouldn't buy a dairy cow without testing the milk and women shouldn't settle on lazy fuckers either, they should test their lovers for quality as well as quantity.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby surreptitious57 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:39 am

Masturbation is a form of exercise and so it is an excellent way to release endorphins
But one should try not to overdo it as the emphasis should be on quality not quantity
Maybe two a day for men and women but one for women who have multiple orgasms
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious57 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:50 am

Urwron1000 wrote:
only males can ejaculate

Some women can ejaculate and some male to female transsexuals can too
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:00 am

surreptitious57 wrote:Masturbation is a form of exercise and so it is an excellent way to release endorphins
But one should try not to overdo it as the emphasis should be on quality not quantity
Maybe two a day for men and women but one for women who have multiple orgasms

:lol: You are so unfair surreptitious. [-X
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby surreptitious57 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:48 am

Ecmandu do you think it is unfair that only women can have multiple orgasms

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby Keleuthis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:36 am

You creatures get different kinds of orgasm though, clitoral, vaginal, cervical, multiple, etc.

We only get the one. Well, two. Prostate I guess.
Keleuthis

Next

Return to Science, Technology, and Math