** [ GUESS ] -- the idea/concept/word! that has been imagine

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

** [ GUESS ] -- the idea/concept/word! that has been imagine

Postby xoxo » Mon May 08, 2017 12:12 pm

---

* what's the most

1) leading edge and
2) current

idea/concept/word that represents/describes the following ideas as close and precise as possible?

---

please cite:

* to wikipedia or plato.stanford or a good youtube video
* approx decade that the idea/word was re-imagined

---

the idea that:

* facts are information that has been tested by science, and is thus shown to be accurate

* anything real is what i see in the material-chemical universe

* as shown by neuroscience, everything is perceived through the brain

* when VR becomes widespread, this would be thought of as feeling real

* all kinds of experiences are valuable to varying degrees

* in aesthetics, anything is valuable and beautiful based on what i feel

* when effectiveness cannot currently be quantified, what is better and more valuable is based on educated decisions

* when effectiveness can be quantified, what is better and more valuable is based on data, and all the tools and methods within applied math

--

* everything i or anyone thinks of is considered imagination

* all languages like math are symbolic and represent ideas

* in 'math philo', math is a set of rules -- as said by --

https://youtu.be/LwfhvvB1hkY?t=16m21s

* everyone can believe and imagine anything they desire

* over the unimaginably long-run future of human existance, everything can be possible

--

* understanding of anything is progressed by the tools that humans invent -- as shown over human history

* language, human-created language is an extremely limited tool, lacking and flawed -- as said by wittgenstein and other academics after

* logic is an extremely limited tool, something can be logically correct but not factual --

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-limitations-of-logic

* the paradigm of being limited by logic is extremely dangerous, even evil

* new tools are needed to progress understanding

* progress is caused by innovation and new tools

--

* truth is a meaningless over-generalised classifier word/idea

* freedom is a meaningless over-generalised classifier word/idea

* ontology is the single most meaningless word ever imagined by humans -- but they can imagine it

* reality is the material-chemical universe and physics will explain all of it eventually

--

* 100 lives saved is worth/valued more than saving 10 lives

* a surgeon that has saved 100 lives is worth/valued more than a life that has not saved any

* an engineer that saves effectively 100 lives by progressing self-driving cars is worth/valued more than a life that has not saved any

* 100 lives saved now is worth/valued more than 100 lives saved in a future or prior generation -- with exceptions like historical context and social significance -- see "when effectiveness cannot currently be quantified' earlier

* your child's life is worth/valued more than these 100 lives

* the most moral and good thing in this universe is enabling everyone to reach the human potential to do amazing things --

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mark-zuc ... 081581634/

--

** [ GUESS ] -- the idea/concept/word! that has been imagined by the human mind for....? **
xoxo

Re: ** [ GUESS ] -- the idea/concept/word! that has been ima

Postby captaincrunk » Mon May 15, 2017 11:10 pm

I think this should go to the sandbox as it is pretty much incoherent. Nice use of bold though, I guess
captaincrunk
BANNED

Re: ** [ GUESS ] -- the idea/concept/word! that has been ima

Postby WendyDarling » Tue May 16, 2017 2:16 am

I think this should go to the sandbox as it is pretty much incoherent.

I, for one, take offense at this Sandbox referral for the Sandbox is not for incoherency; incoherency is found in the Rant House.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Return to Science, Technology, and Math