Evolution isn't progress/constant improvement you retards

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: Evolution isn't progress/constant improvement you retard

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:37 am

A great deal of the rich are more cunning than forthright. Is cunning a superior trait?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby encode_decode » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:18 am

AutSider

AutSider wrote:With regards to economics, there's nothing really to argue anymore. We have a fundamental disagreement over what is the ultimate goal of a society. Mine is to make the society strong and functional, and since giving resources to unproductive people is dysfunctional, I will be against it by default. Basically, I value health/functionality of a society and anything that goes against it must be forbidden.

With regards to economics, there's plenty to argue. What happens if you become unproductive because of terminal illness or permanent disability? So if you become unhealthy and/or dysfunctional(unable to deal adequately with normal social relations) we should dump you in the wilderness - let nature do its thang with you - is that something akin to what you are saying?

:-"
- Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. (2017) -
encode_decode
Thinker

Postby AutSider » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:55 am

encode_decode wrote:AutSider

AutSider wrote:With regards to economics, there's nothing really to argue anymore. We have a fundamental disagreement over what is the ultimate goal of a society. Mine is to make the society strong and functional, and since giving resources to unproductive people is dysfunctional, I will be against it by default. Basically, I value health/functionality of a society and anything that goes against it must be forbidden.

With regards to economics, there's plenty to argue. What happens if you become unproductive because of terminal illness or permanent disability? So if you become unhealthy and/or dysfunctional(unable to deal adequately with normal social relations) we should dump you in the wilderness - let nature do its thang with you - is that something akin to what you are saying?

Yes. I would be ashamed to live as a burden on a system.

Actually, a minor correction - I would feel ashamed living as a burden on a system IF the system was such that I wanted to preserve it in the first place and I deemed its standards as worthy of judging me.

Since the current system isn't like that, I don't really care.
AutSider
Truth seeker

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:31 am

AutSider wrote:
encode_decode wrote:AutSider

Yes. I would be ashamed to live as a burden on a system.

Actually, a minor correction - I would feel ashamed living as a burden on a system IF the system was such that I wanted to preserve it in the first place and I deemed its standards as worthy of judging me.

Since the current system isn't like that, I don't really care.

Well, how convenient.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Gloominary » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:05 am

WendyDarling wrote:A great deal of the rich are more cunning than forthright. Is cunning a superior trait?

I would say cunning is an ability, a tool, it can either be good or bad, or it's good in some senses, like it's an ability, a skill, advantageous, but bad in others, like it conceals truth, but really it's the intent that makes it good or bad, cunning when hunting legitimate prey, or thwarting an enemy is good, but cunning in economics is usually bad, selfish, malevolent, not that selfishness is all bad, but in my view, when one is rich, has a lot, and cheats a productive person out of something they very much needed, that's bad, and many rich are like that and it makes them bad in my view and I know I'm not the only one.
Consumerism is sin.
Gloominary

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:08 am

What is "legitimate prey?"
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Gloominary » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:25 am

WendyDarling wrote:What is "legitimate prey?"

You know, women, children, the disabled, anything weaker than you......naw just kidding, lol, I meant like unendangered species, especially if you put their carcasses to good use, like for food, or to make something useful out of, like a hat or a spearhead.
I suppose cunning isn't always bad in economics, like if too corporations are competing, and both of them are good corporations with good goods and services, it's just the town ain't big enough for the both of you, than out-thinking them, deceiving them and so on would be a legitimate use of cunning, but say selling people drugs and hiding the negative effects would not be a legitimate use of cunning.
Consumerism is sin.
Gloominary

Postby encode_decode » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:39 am

Gloominary

Gloominary wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:A great deal of the rich are more cunning than forthright. Is cunning a superior trait?

I would say cunning is an ability, a tool, it can either be good or bad, or it's good in some senses, like it's an ability, a skill, advantageous, but bad in others, like it conceals truth, but really it's the intent that makes it good or bad, cunning when hunting legitimate prey, or thwarting an enemy is good, but cunning in economics is usually bad, selfish, malevolent, not that selfishness is all bad, but in my view, when one is rich, has a lot, and cheats a productive person out of something they very much needed, that's bad, and many rich are like that and it makes them bad in my view and I know I'm not the only one.

Well thought out - I would agree that cunning in economics is usually bad, selfish and malevolent - fighting fire with fire is sometimes the only solution left . . . sad but true . . .

Gloominary wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:What is "legitimate prey?"

You know, women, children, the disabled, anything weaker than you......naw just kidding, lol, I meant like unendangered species, especially if you put their carcasses to good use, like for food, or to make something useful out of.
I suppose cunning isn't always bad in economics, like if too corporations are competing, and both of them are good corporations with good goods and services, it's just the town ain't big enough for the both of you, than out-thinking them, deceiving them and so on would be a legitimate use of cunning, but say selling people drugs and hiding the negative effects would not be a legitimate use of cunning.

Good points . . . I particularly have an affinity with selling people drugs and hiding the negative effects would not be a legitimate use of cunning. The legitimate use of cunning comes about when it is necessary to fight fire with fire and as you say when hunting . . . I think this has deeper ethical implications too for that matter.

=D>
- Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. (2017) -
encode_decode
Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:02 am

Well the consciences of the cunning are shallow. Deception is an inferior mode of operation whatever the case may be.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby encode_decode » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:12 am

WendyDarling

WendyDarling wrote:Well the consciences of the cunning are shallow. Deception is an inferior mode of operation whatever the case may be.

And that is at the heart of the deeper ethical implications I am talking about . . . Thank you.

:D

In which case it becomes difficult to legitimize cunning in the human sense.
encode_decode
Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:57 am

:orcs-cheers:

Exactly, cunning humans are inferior.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby AutSider » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:56 am

Gloominary

You don't need austerity to produce strength and smarts, in fact, I would say austerity produces the opposite, cause the worse your environment is, the less nutrients you'll have, the more toxins you'll have, the more genetic mutations will occur, and mutations are almost always bad.

I meant austere more as in "challenging". In order to grow and become stronger or more intelligent one needs to face and overcome increasingly difficult challenges. Take resistance training for example. If you want to make your body stronger you must face a challenge (resistance), overcome it (which tears your muscles apart), then heal and rest for the muscles to grow back stronger. What you're pointing out essentially, and what I agree with, is that the phase of rest and recovery is just as important as the phase of facing a challenge. But this doesn't go contrary to anything I've previously said, though it may highlight some aspects of the process I've neglected to mention.

Doing either of the things alone doesn't cut it. Doing resistance training without an adequate rest and recovery phase is at best not going to accomplish anything, at worse will result in becoming weaker and injury, and only resting without ever having faced any challenge results in stagnation and atrophy. Balance is required.

Hard times also tend to produce primitive, physical and instinctual organisms, that have to mature quickly, where as soft times tend to produce advanced, psychological and intellectual organisms, that can take their time maturing.

I disagree. I think the issue here is that the current society removes any stress factor whatsoever on the population (insofar as they are willing to become obedient, mindless drones), which alters our perception of what is hard to "anything that isn't complete and utter spoiling we are all so used to". I would say that without such a stress factor no growth can occur at all and organisms remain forever in a state of infancy psychologically.

You can see this in modernity, you have these spoiled adult urbanites who are still psychologically children. Well, this applies to almost all women as women are half-children with regards to emotional maturity, but that's a separate topic. I'm talking primarily of men who have never been in a fight, never punched somebody/been punched, never ventured out into nature for a longer period of time, basically never had any contact with reality outside of the sheltering, comfortable bubble of urban life. I'm speaking of men like this:

But as I said, key word is balance. Too much hardship results in destruction, too little in stagnation. Being forced to mature too soon may impede growth, but so does never being forced to mature.

Now if the strong and smart start caring for the dumb and weak, to the point where it begins significantly compromising societies survival as a whole, than this is rather dumb, and either the strong and smart weren't all that strong and smart to begin with, or they've been temporarily deceived somehow, perhaps their emotions under these circumstances have overcome their reason to their detriment, and maybe that is occurring presently, and maybe it can be corrected.

Well the very fact that you can deceive somebody implies they have some weakness that you can take advantage of (meaning they lack strength/smarts) but still, deceiving and brainwashing a child into adopting a set of self-destructive mental constructs is much easier than doing it to an already healthy adult, if you attack organisms in their state of infancy with your memetic virus it is much easier to deceive them, and this is what's being done.

Not to mention that all attempts at debating the validity of these self-destructive mental constructs are in many countries shut down with threats of violence by the state.

Myself I'm not a mean person, unless necessary, I wouldn't advocate killing cripples and retards cause their useless

Yeah I agree, in fact that itself would already require effort to organize and execute. But

1) We should stop glorifying such people and pretending they are equal
2) We should not permit any more of retards/down syndrome and such to be born as that would be literally creating more problems, if they are born they would be killed
3) We should not expend energy to keep them alive if they are completely unproductive

If you're rich, or a rich capitalist, does that make you superior?
It doesn't necessarily, although the rich tend to be a little smarter on average,

Agree, capitalism fails to connect wealth to productivity. Capitalism is essentially globalist as it seeks to create one global state so that all the competition occurs between individuals in the system and is limited to competing over material goods, accumulated money, and such. It basically makes some of the people in your own society an enemy that is destroying and exploiting you but that you're not allowed to fight back against or even recognize as an enemy. I believe one's own people should be led and guided, not exploited for profit. Capitalism sells vice and subverts the health of a peoples under the guise of freedom. It would be desirable if one went to an enemy's country and sold the subversive bullshit there, but not in one's own country.

EDIT: Basically what capitalism neglects is that given the present quality and quantity of humans on earth, competition will always necessarily happen between different groups of humans, not on an individual scale. Promoting competition on an individual scale (like subverting your own group for profit) isn't very beneficial for anybody except the enemy. Some competition on an individual level has to be allowed of course, but not to the point it becomes detrimental to the health of a group.
AutSider
Truth seeker

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:48 pm

I agree with Gloominary. Rest is more fundamental than work. In other words, work is a child of -- it is built on top of, it follows from -- rest.

Weakness isn't caused by rest. It may be correlated with rest (someone who's constantly under stress will require a lot of rest) but it is not caused by it. Rather, it is stress that causes it. And work is stress. When you're exposed to stress, you become weaker which is felt as tiredness. In other words, you lose energy. You don't gain it, you don't become stronger. Rather, stress merely SHOWS how strong you ALREADY are. If you're weak, with no energy left in you, it breaks you. Otherwise, it does not. And how much energy you have is simply a measure of how rested you are.

Work dis-charges/de-generates.
Rest charges/re-generates.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Dan~ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:33 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:I agree with Gloominary. Rest is more fundamental than work. In other words, work is a child of -- it is built on top of, it follows from -- rest.

Weakness isn't caused by rest. It may be correlated with rest (someone who's constantly under stress will require a lot of rest) but it is not caused by it. Rather, it is stress that causes it. And work is stress. When you're exposed to stress, you become weaker which is felt as tiredness. In other words, you lose energy. You don't gain it, you don't become stronger. Rather, stress merely SHOWS how strong you ALREADY are. If you're weak, with no energy left in you, it breaks you. Otherwise, it does not. And how much energy you have is simply a measure of how rested you are.

Work dis-charges/de-generates.
Rest charges/re-generates.

I completely agree with this. Just so you know. But i have nothing to add at the moment.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby Arminius » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:11 am

AutSider wrote:Evolution is about adaptation, not constant improvement/progress where every generation is better than the past one. The only way evolution of a certain species could end up being about progress in some sense is if that species continuously faced increasingly austere environments with every generation, and managed to adapt and survive. This is not the case for humans. If anything, the humans in the last couple of decades have been faced with less challenging, more permissive environments, which resulted in the decrease of quality in the population and made people more unfit to survive in a natural environment, without the system. It made people weak and dependent.

The evolutionary cycle of human societies:

The only thing that truly matters in the end is adapting to nature, not adapting to the artificial system (society). For example, in society you can adapt in a parasitic way, at least if you're a fertile woman - you can exploit the altruism of the society and become a welfare queen. However, like I said, this adaptation is parasitic and unfit in relation to nature, because in order to exploit the altruism of the society and extract resources through welfare to feed your children, some other members of the society must be productive. This means that the welfare queen is spreading her parasitic genes at the expense of productive men and women, this results in more and more parasites in the system and less and less productive people (hosts), which weakens the system. Basically, welfare queen type of parasite destroys the very people whose existence it depends on to survive.

What really matters, is if this welfare queen strategy is an effective adaptation in nature, and of course it isn't. Nature doesn't give a shit.

In nature, screaming for your welfare money and demanding your "rights" (to exploit productive people) would only attract predators who would proceed to kill you and feast on your retarded corpse.

Hard times create strong men (winter leads to spring), strong men create good times (spring leads to summer), good times create weak men (summer leads to autumn), weak men create hard times (autumn leads to winter).

Jahreszeiten.png
Jahreszeiten.png (248.06 KiB) Viewed 221 times

Okay. Seasons belong to nature.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:06 am

Arminius wrote:Hard times create strong men (winter leads to spring), strong men create good times (spring leads to summer), good times create weak men (summer leads to autumn), weak men create hard times (autumn leads to winter).

Good analogy. :wink:
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:38 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Arminius wrote:Hard times create strong men (winter leads to spring), strong men create good times (spring leads to summer), good times create weak men (summer leads to autumn), weak men create hard times (autumn leads to winter).

Good analogy. :wink:

Thank you.

By the way: (1) "night/winter", (2) "morning/spring", (3) "afternoon/summer", (4) "evening/autumn" are also comparable with (1) being in the uterus (or egg/ovum, soil/ground/earth), (2) being in the family and kindergarten, (3) being in the school, (4) being in the adult's world as one of the adults, so that at last the death can be seen as a new (1) "night/winter" that leads you to a new (2) "morning/spring" that leads you to a new (3) "afternoon/summer" that leads you to a new (4) "evening/autumn" ... and so on. :)
Arminius
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Science, Technology, and Math