Is evolution true?

Natural selection - I don’t disagree with

Speciation, which is really the whole point of Darwin’s book - has never been observed

lol

K: oh, for the love of god… I give up…you are too stupid to learn…
I have already given you an example of speciation and Darwin’s book isn’t
all about speciation and you would know that if you had read it and
speciation has been observed because you don’t understand what
speciation is, that is why you don’t think it has been observed…
Jesus on a stick… I am done… I can’t deal with your special brand of stupidity…

Kropotkin

Peter, you don’t know the difference between adaptation and speciation.

Not my mistake

According to different science sites that I just read, evolution is the process and speciation is the end results. (That is the simplified version of what I read.)

That’s because, unlike what Peter and humunculus is saying, Darwinism is fundamentally a theory of speciation. As in: different species

It’s not foundationally a theory of adaptation

Really, what Darwinism is is the collection of observable adaptations theorized to cause speciation through random mutation.

Darwinism actually presupposes that there was a first “ancestor” it’s own “Big Bang”

The “ancestor” (common ancestor) could be hydrogen.

The problem with this God type necessary inference of Darwinism is that, while adaptation through decent through modification has been observed and is easy to observe, speciation never has been observed.

Maybe a little oversimplified. How can there be an “end result” to an ongoing process?

Taxonomy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxonomic_rank is simply a way of classifying biological entities as we observe them in the present.
If a specimen is mistakenly classified as one species, because its outward characteristics resemble those of a closely related genus in its family, but on closer examination, its genetic code reveals it to belong to another branch of the same family, it gets reclassified. No big deal. The whole system of ranking is for the purpose of keeping tidy books. It doesn’t in any way affect the process of random mutation, natural selection, adaptation and survival.

Speciation is a concept some creationists have got the wrong end of and keep trying to milk, even though it’s a male.

I keep asking you: According to whom?

Yes, I do, even though that title was chosen a century and half ago. There were some chapters inside.

And that was all a hundred years before the electron microscope.
Have you really not read anything since? If you won’t read anything more recently, at least you could do Darwin the courtesy of getting past the title.

So, you just cannot get it through your head that bacteria don’t fuck?
What will you make of Saccharomyces pastorianus vs Agaricus bisporus, which also don’t fuck, and are nevertheless very different species? And then there’s potatoes, which do both!

Dude at some point you have to call a Poodle a Poodle. The average brain does not give a crap that 109 years from now Poodles will be something else. Sure we all know there is no end but, there must be categories.

Bacteria does not procreate but, they can combine then split into a new. Bacteria also adapts.
By combining one takes over another and the result is adaptations which creates new. Now I do not have the scientific jargon correct but, it is close.

That’s all taxonomy is. What you call things - as you find them in the present. It tells you something about their past evolution, if you know enough about how the names are arrived-at, but the average brain doesn’t need to know. You accept the manes, or you don’t. The name, species, genus, family or class of a poodle will tell you nothing at all about army ants or chestnut trees.

Bacteria procreate like crazy They just don’t do it through sexual means. They do it by fission.

They don’t need to combine. Each one can split, yes, into two new ones. And then each of the two identical offspring split again, and again, and again, really fast.
In the instance of a mutation that benefits the bacterium that possess it, that one odd bacterium will split and split and split, and soon outnumber the ones that don’t have the favourable mutation.
That’s one way they adapt to environmental conditions.
Another way is through exchange of chromosomes by direct cell-to-cell contact or by a bridge-like connection. Or by hoovering up and incorporating debris from dead bacteria. Or being invaded by viruses.
Bacteria do lots of interesting things that are completely unlike what poodles and bears can do.

Do any of these things somehow negate their ability to evolve? I should think, rather the opposite.

. . .and again . . .
Members of a philosophy forum refuse to understand or just to accept that evolution is not something restricted to Earth.
Ergo evolution is even more than a simple process because we can reasonable assume that it applies across the universe the same way as on earth and it also applies to any and all other species of life and possible, also very reasonable not just to life. This makes Evolution an essential characteristic of the Universe.

Arguing about how many bacteria and how many genes is such a limited vision that one must assume it is nothing more than a deliberate distraction in order to reduce it to a stepping stone to creationism.

unmmm, when did this conversation speak of the universe? Planet or universe. Finger or body. If you have a cut on your finger do you say “My cut on my body hurts” or do you say" the cut on my finger hurts" ???

When did this conversation was about bacteria or toes?

The title is : Is evolution true?
If by true you apply real, then the answer if Yes.
Our understanding of practical workings of evolution, though an interesting subject, has no effect on the visible effects and results of evolution itself.

When Semmelweis discovered that frequent hand washing reduces infection rates he was unable to explain exactly why, but reasonable assumed that there is something invisible gets transported that way.
The ability to see with our mind what we do not see with our eyes is also a result of evolution.
But the real beauty of recognizing evolution is that we are morally obliged to improve ourselves and try to go where no one has gone before.

Man, you guys are pissed. I get pissed as well, just about different things.

Yes, there are different species of bacterium, and quote me where I EVER said they have sex.

The issue is… We don’t know how to speciate them through anything but forcing genetic manipulation at the genetic level.

Nobody has ever seen speciation.

For some reason these rabid evolutionists define species as adaptation, and then say that because Bob farted differently, evolution has been proven. It’s absurd.

It’s absurd.

I don’t give a hoot about evolution. If it is real, I hate it all the same.

It is evolution that created modernity and cultural degredation, why do I have to respect natural selection? It is natural selection that made Tesla a virgin and breeds and breds idiots. I say take evolution into your own hands

No, evolution is not true. We were made in the stars. We have maps and records from ancient peoples about watchers from the sky. And the power of God is immeasurably commanding. He hears us, listens to us, makes synchronicities happen that could’ve only come to pass as a God sparked wonder (miracles). And life is also very well fashioned to be just right to allow for intelligent life contemplating perception, because we can’t just say that our shared physical existence is the 1 platform - we could escape from that.

Aliens supervised our evolution, and a great, ginormous, all overpowering mind build our bubble splitter.