Is Fire Sentient?

Fire moves with the Flux, it transmorphs and moves through time, consuming energy and information. How do we know fire cannot “feel” or be aware?

This is like a Turd question.

I don’t think fire is sentient in the sense that it experiences sensation. Maybe something like emotion or thought.

It squeals when you poor water on it (as is evident in current US politics).

fire is an oxydization process in which two masses of higher-energy states combine, giving out extra energy in the form of heat.

Why on earth anyone would think this is a sentient process is beyond me. It can be thought of it, yes, but only, and only if, you throw away all theories about biological theories of seeking a “comfort zone”. Because there is no adaptive and no differential behaviour between two fires and their circumstances. Heat something oxydizable, so its molecular agitation level reaches a threshold, and supply ogygen, and bang, you can’t not but ignite fire.

No this is like a Trixie question

She always posts nonsense like this

Our Trixie has a very fertile imagination so best not to take anything she says too seriously

So you never had such questions growing up?

You must have a very unfertile imagination…

My imagination is the shits.

(When I was a kid, it was different… it was more like manure.)

One thing is for sure: my imagination never got pregnant.

Doesn’t emotion and thought require a brain, gib?

If fire were sentient, I would say that there would be no children burned or badly burned by it.
If it had such self-awareness, it would not allow the suffering of children.
But then I’m being subjective here.

But then again, Hitler and Stalin, ad continuum, were sentient…up to a point.

That’s why I said something like emotion or thought.

Like for instance? :mrgreen:

Well, we can’t say. The only kinds of experiences we are familiar with require a human brain, like you said. We can’t say the fire experience pain or pleasure, cold or hot, that it “sees” or “hears”, or thinks this or that, or feels anger, fear, happiness, etc. We can only say it might be something like these things.

I certainly don’t think the experience is anything like sensation. I think sensation requires some kind of input from a trigger, or a signal coming from some event on the outside–like a switch turning on a light–but fire seems different from that kind of process.

Who is to say we are not burning now?

Hitler was a vegetarian. He cared about animals and helped animal rights. He was probably more sentient than the billions of mindless barbarians on this planet who could care less about animal rights. How are you gonna tell me that a bunch of mindless barbarians who dont care about animal rights are more sentient than a vegetarian.

Are you for real!!!

Never take Trixie too seriously as most of what she says is nonsense

Well, let’s not be too hasty, Arc.

It is an interesting point. If Hitler really was a vegetarian, how would he look from an animal’s point of few? I mean, supposing cows could be as aware of world events and their roles in life as we are, how would they view their position as live stalk? Bread and raised on farms, or in tight, dingy stalls, only to one day be lead to the slaughter so that human beings can enjoy a nice juicy steak with a glass of wine at a fancy restaurant? Is such a life really all that different from that within a concentration camp? And then if they hear about this one human being named Hitler, who devotes his life to not slaughtering animals, would he be viewed by cows as a saint? A hero?

Trixie seems to be to be defending Hitler with her remark. I’m not saying we have to do the same. But it’s an interesting point if only as something to think about in a purely philosophical context. It really does bring out a contrast, maybe some cognitive dissonance, in an image most of us, rightly or wrongly, take for granted.

ww2 happened because humans refuse to change their ways. 5 billion babies scream in agony as their penises are brutally circumcized and butchered. the screams multiplied and added to the death screams of the gasshowers. if a say circumcision is evil noone listens. anger and evil manifests. hate doesnt come from nowhere.

humans are a cacophony of evil. you cannot reason with a human, they are all insane.

The dead don’t remember their own screams. Just like babies. Or do they? There is a certain past life resonance felt on a psychic spiritual level. Perhaps causing the world to become less and less primordial, more and more conscious of the light.

When a human cannot be reasoned with, when they continue to do violence and cannot hear the voice of reason, that circumcision is wrong and evil to torture and butcher baby penises, violence is the only thing they will understand, only thing such cretins will respond to. They are simple minds.

How much of what you say and do, is more than a baseline primordial reflex? Like an organ you touch and reflexively jumps away? How much thought do you actually put into your life and daily living? Or do you just dwell in the narcissistic comforts of believing you will eternally nonexist, your fantasy delusions of the afterlife? Comfort thoughts without depth or thinking?

If I am a white explorer going into africa, and i encounter a legion of baboons apes and gorillas, and I flee and drop a pouch full of mathematical equations and diagrams, the baboons apes and gorillas would consider my sketches “nonsense” because it is under their radar?

How much of it is that we have raced so far ahead of you, lapped you several times, and what you percieve to be behind you is several laps in front?