Drag and drop

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Drag and drop

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:26 am

Is drag and drop still in existence regarding PC program functionalities?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Re: Drag and drop

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:34 am

Is every programmer in their own little bubble of self-congratulations rather than ensuring userability?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:51 pm

I dont use drag and drop, not even when I was 14, when I was 14 I made an FPS that was better than that Project Spark kind of shit.
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:54 pm

Maniacal Mongoose wrote:Is every programmer in their own little bubble of self-congratulations rather than ensuring userability?

When Project Spark came out, I was genuinely afraid, I was afraid coding line by line would no longer be needed, that Spark would Spark a Revolution in the gaming community and I would be out of a career.

But the tide subsided. The level of precision you can produce using actual physics equations, just isn't possible from a top-down approach, its the nature of reality. You have to build it from the bottom up, line by line.
Fuck, even Game Maker DOOM clones are better than that Project Spark shit, because they were programmed from the bottom up.
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby alan1000 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:47 pm

I don't understand most of this dialogue but I can assure you that in everyday office computing - that's to say, mainstream computing - drag and drop is alive and well and indispensible to efficient office administration.
alan1000

Postby demoralized » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:10 am

I have used drag and drop web-based tools at work recently
formerly incorrect
formally
demoralized
Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:52 am

Universal drag-n-drop, where is it? Not just in typical biz programs from the same developer. Useability gets a big F today. So many junk get rich quick apps and their startups, all junking up the web.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Return to Science, Technology, and Math