Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

This thread deals with the subject of a heat death of the universe and all other kinds of cosmic extinction like events. It makes you wonder why we’re in such a hurry to build an advanced technological civilization across the planet. I mean, what’s the point really? The universe is eventually going to die with everything in it. That includes all of humanity by the way. Trying to race against the universe with technological innovation? Don’t make me laugh. :laughing:

Check out this neat graph.

The universe and cosmos someday will die along with everything that exists within it ergo, nothing matters.

A) There was no Big Bang.
B) There will be no Heat Death

And the point, priority, and hope in life is simply to make the most of what you have for as long as you can, MIJOT.

Provide evidence for point A and B.

Hope floats…

I have done that many times. But always on threads that you don’t read. It involves detailed math and logic - typically too boring.

What it boils down to is that it is mathematically and logically impossible for the universe to ever be in a state of nothingness … ever (not to mention that the “beginning of changing” is an oxymoron).

Threads I don’t read? Which ones?

Who said anything about nothingness? I did say something on the lines of nothing matters in the big scheme of things. That’s about it.

No, I was speaking about the destruction of the universe and everything in it. Hardly entails nothingness. Please try again.

Joker, don’t be a fool.

The Fool.
Aka the Joker.

Joker, reason being is they want to make tech so they can escape the sun exploding. After 5 billion years of tech, they will figure out how to escape the heat-death as well. Most Life-forms have inherent instincts of self-preservation.

For example:
The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Well okay. You then mean the theory that the entire universe would become merely a field of EMR (uniform “Affectance”). That too is entirely impossible because particles and black holes spontaneously form as depicted below:

No tech is going to stop the sun from going red giant when it does. And nothing can survive heat death. There will
be no stars to generate light or heat and the temperature could be only a fraction of a degree above absolute zero

And the reason that heat death can never actually occur is the following eternal, unavoidable process:

Bob, its about moving to other regions of space.

Bob, it’s about creating machines to generate our own heat.

That part would be largely true, but…

… that part isn’t an option.

Nice videos. Well done.

Looks like we still have a lot of exploring to do :stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoW8Tf7hTGA

Thank you. They still run a little fast and you really have to see all of it to fully understand how it all fits together, but … gotta start sumrs.

Does this “boil” down to God not being able to off himself?

The most popular view among physicists is that the universe goes through a cyclical phase of every Big Bang being
followed by a Big Crunch and so on. And so while heat death can last for a very long time it is not actually infinite

Einstein, among many others disagree. But one serious issue is that such would imply a center to the universe. And that implies an absolute frame of reference, which refutes Relativity entirely.

There are other models : The Big Rip - The Big Freeze - Death Bubbles

All bogus.

The universe merely keeps changing as if an infinitely large cloud of black holes and galaxies absorbing each other, exploding, drifting, reforming, on and on, never larger nor smaller.