Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:12 pm


The term dark energy is a placeholder as it is not known what it is
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby James S Saint » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:21 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
The term dark energy is a placeholder as it is not known what it is

Well, not by you.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25425
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:25 pm


Not by any physicist and they are the ones who should know not me
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby James S Saint » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Is there a reason why YOU should not know??

Careful of worshiping the word of others: Nullius in Verba.

The following is necessarily true. And if genuinely interested can even be proven to you:
Image
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25425
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 pm

James S Saint wrote:Is there a reason why YOU should not know??

Careful of worshiping the word of others: Nullius in Verba.

The following is necessarily true. And if genuinely interested can even be proven to you:


My apologies James. Lil' syrup here is getting dangerously close to another incident of bobgun. And we don't want another incident of that do we sweetie. Pets, and Sits you in a corner with a cute and little dunce cap.
Image
God is dead.
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 8219
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:14 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Is there a reason why YOU should not know??
Careful of worshiping the word of others: Nullius in Verba

I am sceptical of those who imply they know the truth and no one else
And so I shall take your advice and not worship those words as you say
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby James S Saint » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:20 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
Is there a reason why YOU should not know??
Careful of worshiping the word of others: Nullius in Verba

I am sceptical of those who imply they know the truth and no one else
And so I shall take your advice and not worship those words as you say

Note that I offered to prove it "even to you"
.. THAT is not "worship".

But you prefer to merely let authority figures do your thinking for you (aka "worship") ... fine.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:bobgun

??
You aren't referring to your bug-zapper thread, are you? Although I am sure that you couldn't follow that debate, he only left because I shot down everything he said.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25425
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:38 pm

James S Saint wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
Is there a reason why YOU should not know??
Careful of worshiping the word of others: Nullius in Verba

I am sceptical of those who imply they know the truth and no one else
And so I shall take your advice and not worship those words as you say

Note that I offered to prove it even to you .. THAT is not worship

But you prefer to merely let authority figures do your thinking for you ( aka worship ) ... fine

Assuming that the same methodology is being employed I fail to see what is the difference
I am not going to accept anything as true if I do not understand it even if it is actually true
Take it to people who know what they are talking about because I do not know any of this
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby James S Saint » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:30 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:Assuming that the same methodology is being employed I fail to see what is the difference
I am not going to accept anything as true if I do not understand it even if it is actually true
Take it to people who know what they are talking about because I do not know any of this

In short: You are never going to actually understand anything, but rather merely meme whatever "they" say.
.. fine. That hardly sets you apart from the majority non-thinkers.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25425
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:58 pm

James S Saint wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Assuming that the same methodology is being employed I fail to see what is the difference
I am not going to accept anything as true if I do not understand it even if it is actually true
Take it to people who know what they are talking about because I do not know any of this

In short : you are never going to actually understand anything but rather merely meme
whatever they say .. fine. That hardly sets you apart from the majority non thinkers

Understanding does not only come from them but can come from anyone. So there is no conspiracy to
only listen to what they say. And I am actually more interested in diversity of opinion than in adopting
a dogmatic position. And I also have no problem at all in accepting that anything I know could be wrong
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:45 am

I came here to express my admiration for HaHaHa's undisputed level of arrogant stupidity wrapped up in scientific jargon.

His argument being "because everything is transient nothing is worth preserving".

And noone is mocking him the way he deserves to be mocked. Instead, people are treating him seriously.

Here is a question for the moron who started this thread: if everything ia transient, which implies that this forum and everything we post on it is transient too, then why are you posting on it?

If we are all going to die, then why do you bother living at all?

Motion is an end in itself. It requires no justification. There is no state it has to lead to in order to be justified.

We build things that we want to last even though we know they won't last forever.

This is because value rests in action (process) not in goal-realization (state.)
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 am

Not to mention that he describes himself as "chaos worshipper" yet he is one of the most stubborn people around here. Stubbornness is a sign that he is a fanatic who is clinging onto certain instincts unwilling to shape them when it becomes necessary to do so. The opposite of chaos worshipping.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:31 am

James S Saint wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
Is there a reason why YOU should not know??
Careful of worshiping the word of others: Nullius in Verba

I am sceptical of those who imply they know the truth and no one else
And so I shall take your advice and not worship those words as you say

Note that I offered to prove it "even to you"
.. THAT is not "worship".

But you prefer to merely let authority figures do your thinking for you (aka "worship") ... fine.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:bobgun

??
You aren't referring to your bug-zapper thread, are you? Although I am sure that you couldn't follow that debate, he only left because I shot down everything he said.


You couldn't seem to follow this debate, because bobgun was meant for syrup not you, you are not syrup but you thought you were.
God is dead.
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 8219
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby James S Saint » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:28 am

Oh. The term "Lil syrup" threw me off. #-o
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25425
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby Anomaleigh » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:34 pm

Scientists don't know for what's going to happen, weather man can't always predict terrestrial weather tomorrow, nevermind celestial weather billions of years from today.
If Scientists are wrong, you'll have wasted your life, and if they're right, it doesn't matter, so you have nothing to lose, and potentially everything to gain by making the most of your life, whatever that means to you.
Anomaleigh
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Re: Heat Death Of The Universe And Other Cosmic Extinctions.

Postby James S Saint » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:35 am

Anomaleigh wrote:Scientists don't know for what's going to happen, weather man can't always predict terrestrial weather tomorrow, nevermind celestial weather billions of years from today.
If Scientists are wrong, you'll have wasted your life, and if they're right, it doesn't matter, so you have nothing to lose, and potentially everything to gain by making the most of your life, whatever that means to you.

Quite right.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25425
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Previous

Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users