Do members of ISIS need mathematics?

Do the members of ISIS need mathematics to exist?

I think all they need are good bombs and triggering devices, and they’re good to go.

Without mathematics their bombs and bullets would not work. Without mathematics they wouldn’t know how much ammunition they had left over at the end of a battle, or how much they are likely to need next week. They wouldn’t know how to use artillery, or even, how to aim a rifle effectively. Or were you referring to some higher level of mathematical consciousness?

I think you are confused and brainwashed.

Mathematics is not the cause of physics (fluid behavoir.)

Mathematics is not the cause of anything but it is the language of physics

I see where you going with this, that mathematics is a conceptual projection of the mind of a external, impersonal reality, but Alan, for the first time ever, is right.

Everything we observe and experience is mathematical. They wouldn’t know logistics without it, by not counting bullets, predicting how much ammo they need.

Using artillery and aiming likewise is mathematical. Our bombs and bullets were designed by mathematics.

A frog couldn’t even catch a fly without inate calculations being made, that’s still mathematical as it is of the mind. Mathematics is always a part nature, a part nurture. A frog leans much more to nature, a mathematician working on the problem of “monstrous moonshine” nurture, but both still have aspects of the other.

I’m forced to conclude that you Trixie, are horribly confused and brainwashed, and that manni is likely right about you.

Incorrect. ISIS does not need to know mathematics at all. They don’t make any of their own weapons, the American government gives them all the guns they need.

Even a baboon can aim and pull a trigger. Where is mathematics needed for that?

Mathematics is not needed to fire an artillery. A common monkey knows you must tilt a ball up for it to land farther. Mathematics is not needed to push a button and blow something up either.

You seem to think instinct is mathematics. You might as well say everything is mathematics. You could even say that the taste of pizza is mathematics. Or the feeling of gravity is mathematics. You could even call a lifeless tub of jelly mathematics. You are delusional.

We have proven time and time again the number warriors and math obsessed are delusional.

What happened to that guy “Remember the Light” who proved the world would end on Jan 1, 2017, using numerology and mathematics?
Oh yeah.

I have to confess I did not know frogs use maths in order to catch flies

I did state that anything is mathematical in Ecmandu’s Zero thread.

By default.

And frogs are fantastic, they catch those fucking flies constantly. Walking through a swamp would be a far more horrible experience if they were not there to think the mosquitos.

It’s only when you get to creatures like viruses, lacking no brains or organelles, that you can say mathematics isn’t involved, as it absolutely isn’t learning at all. However, cells with RNA and DNA do have internal and external cues they switch on and off from. A degree of choice is involved, even if each individual action is flawlessly programmed. Same goes for the human mind. You need some flexibility equating to choice in the programming to allow for nurture. Epigenetics wouldn’t exist if not for this.

Everything in the universe can be explained by mathematics but not everything in the universe understands mathematics

–^^^

That doesn’t contradict my statement. However, everything IS mathematics, as things are perceived, known, obey rules beyond raw perception, and even perception involves a lot, in terms orientation of sensory data, like the Table of Pythagoras shows.

Presuming things exist independently of observation, like I said, still wouldn’t contradict my above post. Likewise, discovering we all lived in a simulation wouldn’t prove it either.

Saying that mathematics IS reality is like saying that a computer IS binary. It is an abuse of the language and conflating the map with the terrain (an all too common curse upon modern society).