I am not my eyes, I am not my brain

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

I am not my eyes, I am not my brain

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:47 am

I feel like I am looking through eyes and sitting inside a piece of meat on the table with electricity pumping through it. Somehow I can see through these eyes which are not mine.

The voices in my head told me to write this, said everything is ruined if I don't.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Re: I am not my eyes, I am not my brain

Postby mannequin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 pm

How is the Buddhism thing going, I think I remember you saying you were learning something along those lines, much benefit?
mannequin

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:14 pm

I am not Buddhist.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby mannequin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:36 pm

Wasn't you like training or something, I remember it being in your signature?
mannequin

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:43 pm

You must be high. I never put anything about Buddha in my signature. Buddha was a raving loon who believed he could see his past lives, and was a life-hating, sensuality hating lunatic.

His views are ridiculous, he claimed that he could see dead spirits and know whether or not they rebirthed. His views are not fully logical, let's say he was right and he could actually tell if a spirit left the cosmos. How does he not know it just entered a parallel world somewhere?
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby mannequin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Did he?

Links?
mannequin

Postby Erik_ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Trixie believes in reincarnation.

I remember having in-depth conversations with her about it.

I think she may be onto something.
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Siddhartha actually said there is no such thing as transmigration of the spirit (reincarnation).
Before the Light - Tree of Life
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Siddhartha actually said there is no such thing as transmigration of the spirit (reincarnation).

Siddhartha Guatam Buddha believed in no reincarnation for himself, not others. The whole point of his religion was to escape reincarnation/rebirth. If the spirit didn't migrate, it would make his entire religion pointless since there would be nothing to fix.

The atmosphere has really changed since they are here. Not really for the worst, as long as I dont read their moronic replies to intellectual topics, they provide some good old silliness.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby James S Saint » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:16 am

...was to escape suffering.
Reincarnation was his predecessor, Hindu concern.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:47 pm

The part Buddha didn't see is that if he must end reincarnation for all souls not just one, otherwise he will continue to reincarnate.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Erik_ » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:The part Buddha didn't see is that if he must end reincarnation for all souls not just one, otherwise he will continue to reincarnate.

I've heard various interpretations on this.

Some claim that Buddha ended the cycle of rebirth by entering oblivion; others claim that he, basically, discovered some sort of heaven, where consciousness still exists, yet without the cyclical nature of life.

This heaven he called "The Unconditioned".
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Its all fairy tale folklore and mumbojumbo.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Erik_ » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:Its all fairy tale folklore and mumbojumbo.

You believe in reincarnation, though, so it's not complete mumbo jumbo, now is it, Pixie?
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Erik_ wrote:

You believe in reincarnation, though, so it's not complete mumbo jumbo, now is it, Pixie?

Reincarnation is scientific and rational, oblvionism is not, since nonconsciousness cannot be conscious.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Erik_ » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:
Erik_ wrote:

Reincarnation is scientific and rational, oblvionism is not, since nonconsciousness cannot be conscious.

Then why don't most scientists believe in it, why are most scientists philosophical materialists?
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:02 pm

Because their brain is wired wholly mechanical. Their brains are masculine with no feminine components.

When someone is hypermasculine they aren't usually that rational, for instance the old Primal Rage lol.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Erik_ » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:06 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:Because their brain is wired wholly mechanical. Their brains are masculine with no feminine components.

When someone is hypermasculine they aren't usually that rational, for instance the old Primal Rage lol.

Yeah, Primal Rage had to take a time out...

He did enjoy your Might is Right song you made for him.
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:07 pm

xD
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Amorphos » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:I feel like I am looking through eyes and sitting inside a piece of meat on the table with electricity pumping through it. Somehow I can see through these eyes which are not mine.

you are that, but you have a quality which is the same as the fundamental qualities in all things. that's why they are fundamental, and why the fundamentals should be discussed. the primary assertion is that there is a separation, when there is not, and this is the very reason why we are somewhat compelled to think and do things. something like your voices or more specifically 'directives'/direction ~ the subconscious commander. I think its like there are two commanders inside, and that makes us driven, but this is because once we know how to drive, the car more or less drives itself. if something irks that, then one feels like they don't have control.

- find what irks you, and you will know the thing causing the duality to begin with perhaps?
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:34 pm

- find what irks you, and you will know the thing causing the duality to begin with perhaps?

That's not so commonly called the self...thought it is the self.
In other words, look within for what irks you. That would be a part of your self.
We are all mirrors to one another.
“How can a bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink & sing:
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength & breath:
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die”
― William Blake, Songs of Innocence and of Experience

“No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.”
― William Blake
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Amorphos » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:

That's not so commonly called the self...thought it is the self.
In other words, look within for what irks you. That would be a part of your self.
We are all mirrors to one another.

I always find any given thing to be something else when I observe it directly. I mean if we look at thought information it is just info, if we could look at our experience of that it would be different, and I think that will always be impossible.

I dunno, I am really not so sure if causal things are caused by us or if they just happen regardless? my experience of life is that I discover things, rather than compose anything, my flaws are things I've 'discovered'.
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:02 am

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:I feel like I am looking through eyes and sitting inside a piece of meat on the table with electricity pumping through it. Somehow I can see through these eyes which are not mine.

The voices in my head told me to write this, said everything is ruined if I don't.

Before the Light - Tree of Life
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi Amorphos,

I always find any given thing to be something else when I observe it directly.

Yes, this is quite often true. The trick is to give up what we believed or thought in order to frame another different perspective.

I mean if we look at thought information it is just info, if we could look at our experience of that it would be different, and I think that will always be impossible.

What do you mean by thought information? The way we "see" something? The way we think - in the first place?
That would be the beginning of the journey into "reality" - I mean into the way something actually is as opposed to how we tend to view it. We have to be like ravenous tigers and tear the thing apart to discover what's there.

I dunno, I am really not so sure if causal things are caused by us or if they just happen regardless?

Oh, I rather think that in many cases, if we look at things honestly, we can come to realize that they come from us. Others come from others and still others, I just don't know. The universe is really a mysterious thing and though I tend to be a skeptic, I can intuit that there is something or much happening" which is out of our hands but maybe I'm wrong. Since we can't know or see the total cause and effect of things with reference to something, I can't know for certain what causes it. I may not have expressed that well.

my experience of life is that I discover things, rather than compose anything, my flaws are things I've 'discovered'.

That's an ongoing process - discovering our flaws and discovering those "things". I liked what you said there.
I can relate.
But I also think that we "compose" things too - meant as you meant "compose". But then again, perhaps we do not compose as much as we feel we do. Perhaps we simply as you say discover or realize.
“How can a bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink & sing:
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength & breath:
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die”
― William Blake, Songs of Innocence and of Experience

“No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.”
― William Blake
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby gib » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:14 am

You don't feel like it, you just conceptualize it that way. You are going off what modern science feeds you. All that's really real is what you see through your "eyes" and what's going on in your meat-like electrically pump brain that everyone tells you is inside your cranium. Not saying all this is a lie, just that there's a difference between feeling a certain way and thinking it based on what you've been taught.

What's real is what you're experiencing, what you actually feel.

I think it's fair to say that we feel that we are a body in a physical world (even with eyes--I mean, I see my eyes when I look in the mirror). I don't "feel" my brain per say, but I've been shown pictures and they tell me in school that there's such a thing inside my cranium. So I guess I believe that.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:The voices in my head told me to write this, said everything is ruined if I don't.

Well then, you're saved. Aren't ya?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
- unknown source

Men must be taught as if you taught them not. And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
- Alexander Pope

Here lies the body of William J, who died maintaining his right of way.
He was right, dead right, as he sped along, but he's just as dead as if he were wrong.
- Boston Transcript
gib
resident exorcist

Next

Return to Science, Technology, and Math