The Universe is half antimatter

Arminius, it is not helpful when you place the same post in two different threads and it’s generally against the Terms of Use policy.

Unfortunately, due to the state of affairs, such posting isn’t offensive.

I am not offended, it’s just unhelpful to post the same comments in two different threads.

Different threads, different posters, different statements (?). Maybe it is not helpful, maybe it is helpful.

Does it disturb you, One Liner?

It would not disturb me, if you placed the same post in thousand different threads.

What do you mean by “Terms of Use policy” exactly?

It is not offensive. But I would nevertheless immediately stop it, if he or somebody else was offended by it.

But for whom is it unhelpful?

Click on the report post link and you will see a selection that says “duplicate post” meaning the admins and moderators view duplicate posts as unhelpful (or once upon a time did).

There are times when multiple threads are in need of the same comment. Everyone doesn’t follow every thread on every forum. When similar subjects are being discussed on different forums, it is more helpful than not to place the needed information in both places. It is unfortunate that such multiple threads pop up so often because such is usually the result of a participant or two refusing to learn anything, but it is what it is.

Anyway, back to the half antimatter topic.

When I place the same post in more than one thread, then it can be very helpful - even for you, because you get different threads, different posters, different statements.

You are right, James.

Okay.

What do you think about the assertion the title of this thread is making?

Is the universe half antimatter?

The OP makes no logical sense to me whatsoever.

Is there “illogical sense”?

Must be an Australianism that I take for granted.

Depends on what you mean by “living in” and how far reaching that is.
But the fact that you ARE matter gives a hint.

I recently watched an old Star Trek episode where this time traveler who represented matter was chasing another who was anti-matter. Like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde. The time traveler was trying to keep antimatter from destroying the world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alternative_Factor

Almost all matter observable from the Earth seems to be made of matter rather than antimatter. If antimatter-dominated regions of space existed, the gamma rays produced in annihilation reactions along the boundary between matter and antimatter regions would be detectable.[14]

Antiparticles are created everywhere in the universe where high-energy particle collisions take place. High-energy cosmic rays impacting Earth’s atmosphere (or any other matter in the Solar System) produce minute quantities of antiparticles in the resulting particle jets, which are immediately annihilated by contact with nearby matter. They may similarly be produced in regions like the center of the Milky Way and other galaxies, where very energetic celestial events occur (principally the interaction of relativistic jets with the interstellar medium). The presence of the resulting antimatter is detectable by the two gamma rays produced every time positrons annihilate with nearby matter. The frequency and wavelength of the gamma rays indicate that each carries 511 keV of energy (i.e., the rest mass of an electron multiplied by c2).

Recent observations by the European Space Agency’s INTEGRAL satellite may explain the origin of a giant antimatter cloud surrounding the galactic center. The observations show that the cloud is asymmetrical and matches the pattern of X-ray binaries (binary star systems containing black holes or neutron stars), mostly on one side of the galactic center. While the mechanism is not fully understood, it is likely to involve the production of electron–positron pairs, as ordinary matter gains kinetic energy while falling into a stellar remnant.[15][16]

Antimatter may exist in relatively large amounts in far-away galaxies due to cosmic inflation in the primordial time of the universe. Antimatter galaxies, if they exist, are expected to have the same chemistry and absorption and emission spectra as normal-matter galaxies, and their astronomical objects would be observationally identical, making them difficult to distinguish.[17] NASA is trying to determine if such galaxies exist by looking for X-ray and gamma-ray signatures of annihilation events in colliding superclusters.[18]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter

Such stuff as this!!!1 Wow

It is an Anglicism (Englishism).

So you are an English victim ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=140296&p=2626879#p2626818 ). :wink:

I am not English, but I am indeed a victim of their pathetic Language.

:laughing:

Anyway:

Agreed.