Raytracing courtesy of ResearchGate

Ok so this is a forum of math geniuses so let’s put ya’ll to the test. Ecmandu can probably solve this in 2 seconds.

Consider a grid. In each gridcell there are 2 3d triangles. Each vertex of these triangles has a predictable gridlocked xy value, however, the z values of each triangle’s vertex are free flowing and random.

[size=85]Example cell of the heightfield, displayed in an isometric view. Please note that the real grid is not actually isometric, but axis aligned. The isometric view is for display purposes only.[/size]

Fastest algorithm to determine whether or not there is an intersection, and if so, the first intersection point of an arbitrary vector and the heightfield?

researchgate.net/publicatio … ght_fields
Research gate seems to have the answer, however I can’t view the research there without proving I am a student, and I seem to have forgot my campus credentials.
Can someone make an account at ResearchGate? It’s really simple. Anyone who is a student of any campus, or any company email can make an account there and view the PDF, unfortunately I can’t because I don’t remember my email info.