Logic supersedes physics and mathematics

Pure logic is the fundamental way to understand physics, natural laws, biology, ontology, and mathematics. Every more “empirical” and quantitative measure and theoretical construct or set of observations rests upon a more fundamental structure of pure logic, and this logic is what causes those other measurements, models and quantities (equations, etc.) to even exist at all.

An equation describes how things relate as pure quantity, whereas logic explains WHY something MUST exist. Because some thing must necessarily exist, quantities are possible to be measured and abstracted out of the reality: quantities and ratios ascend to pure truth, objectivity status, and succeed therefore in disclosing something critical about reality to us, and yet such truths are secondary truths, because on their own they do not explain why anything is. They cannot explain it because they inevitably refer to assumed other entities and laws, and form castles in the sky rather than on the ground. This doesn’t make them wrong, but it does make them incomplete.

Philosophy (good or bad philosophy) will always be the true basis of science.

Now There is a post with which I can seriously agree. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I agree.

I think there should be a new approach to mathematics.

Rather than display matrices as [9,0,3]
Instead they should be depicted as quantities.

Pure emotion supercedes logic. Emotion is the context in which logic formulates.

MM wins!

A myth within those who do not know logic. :sunglasses:

Logic is necessity, that’s all it means. Necessity as such has no “context”. In comparison, emotions are derivative beings, built from in part logical strictures.

JSS,

Come again? This could be a good debate. I need to lend voice to the myths that matter. :sunglasses: Wyld might implode; our being off topic. New thread time.

In the extreme, for those seriously talented at logical coherency and comprehensiveness, logic can even tell of exactly WHY the universe exists and does what it does, even without the assumption of forces of any kind.

Correct again. Emotions arise from a limited use of logic deep within.

That isn’t a new topic, I don’t think.

It’s not logic that compells right or wrong…

Just sheer emotion

Let me explain this…

If you feel good when the logic is bad, that is your logic …

Emotion is what motivates us to use logic. Without emotion, you wouldn’t get Spock, you’d get a mad man rambling incoherencies.

Logic is the end product of a developing brain trying to figure out a cognitive algorithm for predicting reality.

A logical deduction is a mathematically neccessary one, yes?

A mathematical deduction is a logically necessary one, yes.