One signal

One signal
a woman disabled from the neck down, moves a robotic hand and arm via a needle-like insertion into the top of her brain. The sounds of an orchestra [sorry to keep using same analogies lol] are moulded into plastic, and the needles moves to the grooves producing a single signal. The spinal column brings signals up into the brain at its base, and the output signal [operator] is emitted from the top.
In both cases variations on a single signal denote complex actions, but is there a single or in fact multiple signals ~ like an orchestra recorded or live?

Is this hypothetical or a case? I know of a case in Indonesia, using lights… it parallels some Christian monastic concepts, but haven’t heard music before used to overcome paralysis. I’m still at the beginning stages of tracking why.

it is the case that the woman could remotely move a robotic arm, the music was the analogy ~ to draw parallels.

It seems to me that music has a special identity or personality, or soul energy. There is lots of information in it even though it is just one signal. I even made a topic asking if music is sentient. And perhaps music is not sentient, but a vital ingredient of sentience, the music of mind.

Music has odd temporal properties, your consciousness seems to be able to feel it from the future even before the note has played. And somehow it carries information fast enough for the arm to move without much lag. A trait of bad or mediocre music is the inability to feel it from the future. Bad music doesnt feel timeless, it feels tedious, like its dragging and pushing along.

If there is just one or two sour notes in music, it can make the whole thing fall apart.

Music is not sentient because it is divorced from its origins, where we are not, and we are constantly in contact with the source ~ one signal?

Wow, yes I agree. Back in the day me and my punk mates used to be able to say what track was coming on the radio next [when hi on glue lol], though I have no idea how that’s possible. I can only assume that the decision is made in the dj’s mind prior to the music being played, such that it exists in the aether - so to speak. I know it sounds mad, but if all particles exist in the same place as well as being far apart [-physically], then surely all ideas/thoughts follow suit. Ergo if one can get their mind into that one-space, then it is plausible that we can connect to anything we are ‘tuned into’ – including radios.

Sounds subjective but I know what you mean. Perhaps ‘good music’ permeates the aether in a more agreeable manner or something, so it kinda lingers there or otherwise has a greater presence or effect/ impact upon the fabric of the aether. It’s almost as if ‘if the world likes the music, it eats it’ if it doesn’t it shits it out.

I see what you mean. Music like poetry is kinda like walking down a path through the woods, if it’s steps don’t fall on the right spot it kinda trips and falls over. Its all about the flow.

I wonder did the half step up half step down whole step down always mean it was time for combat or was that an 80’s videogame thing?

actually its probably a dna thing, my cat likes mozart. maybe moderns who like lame mediocre music have mutated dna.