Equations.

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: Equations.

Postby gib » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:43 am

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:Already got 8 science books collecting dust as is.

Ok... well... read them.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:Id rather spend my energies on creative pursuits than deciphering wikipedia's lexicon.The internet provides me with numerous sites that are much more informative than wikipedia.

Sooo... you've solved your problem then?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez
gib
resident exorcist

Postby zinnat » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:59 am

gib wrote:
Oh, I wouldn't say that. It's true that the rigidity of neural wiring becomes stronger the older we get, but it's never black and white. Otherwise, we would never be able to learn anything new once we become adults.

You should look up experiments on the visual cortex. The visual cortex is thought to be one of the most rigid centers in the brain in terms of changing the neural wiring. The wiring becomes set in stone so to speak at a very early age. But experiments show that if you get people to wear special visors that flip the world around 180 degrees, it only takes the visual cortex an average of 6 minutes to adjust to it. People end up being able to ski down a mountain without any problems while wearing the visors.

I really think it's a matter of self-discipline. Exercising one's ability to do things that don't at first come natural, or that are outside one's comfort zone, usually become easier with time, and this is a result of our neural wiring adjusting to our new practices.

It is true that it cannot be in pure black or white but that does not mean that the hardwiring is not there. Hardwiring is slightly different issue. The reason of not going pure black or white is that extremes ( totally pure forms) neither exist nor even possible in manifestations of the existence.

The very fundamental of the existence is intrusion itself, interacting one thing with other. You cannot clap with one hand. Means, if you want to produce a sound or any wave, you have to use two ingredients at least at the root level. Absolute uniformity would become stagnant/unchanging by default. The same goes for existence also. The very cause of the existence is the process of change, and to get it going, you need at least two basic but different entities. They need not to be opposite or equal in strength, but have to be different in one way or other.

The actual problem is not that we do not have pure black or white brain hardwiring. The problem is that in some cases this ratio of the mix is not perfect, or becomes imperfect. The actual issue is how to set it right again.

It has nothing much to do with visual cortex or any particular part of the brain. This issue goes much deeper, right to how all this existence was created/evolved.

It is not possible for me to cover all that in one post. I will try to explain all that in a separate thread, whenever i get enough time.

with love,
sanjay
zinnat
Philosopher

Postby James S Saint » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:06 am

"What is the sound of one hand clapping" meant that if you want to be a god, you must be both good AND evil, "rightly handed" and "leftly handed", both noble and sinister so that you can capture the prey, the population, between your hands with no escape.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby zinnat » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:10 am

Secondly, it is true that wikipedia is not perfect and expects incoming reader knowledgeable to some extent with the subject, yet it is perhaps the best thing that modern technology (internet) has created ever.

Its founders and running team certainly deserve a lot of appreciation, at least intent wise.

with love,
sanjay
zinnat
Philosopher

Postby James S Saint » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:18 am

zinnat wrote:Secondly, it is true that wikipedia is not perfect and expects incoming reader knowledgeable to some extent with the subject, yet it is perhaps the best thing that modern technology (internet) has created ever.

Its founders and running team certainly deserve a lot of appreciation, at least intent wise.

with love,
sanjay

Careful. The Nazi war machine was once the greatest thing of "modern" technology. Everything granted to you can be used against you.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:52 pm

James S Saint wrote:
zinnat wrote:Secondly, it is true that wikipedia is not perfect and expects incoming reader knowledgeable to some extent with the subject, yet it is perhaps the best thing that modern technology (internet) has created ever.

with love,
sanjay

Careful. The Nazi war machine was once the greatest thing of "modern" technology. Everything granted to you can be used against you.

Yes.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Science, Technology, and Math