Ethical Implications of Monkey - Head Transplants

foxnews.com/science/2016/01/ … =obnetwork

I don’t even know how to approach this one.

You do a head transplant. Its “successful”, but you then euthanize the monkey within a day.

Yet you plan on doing it to a human soon… same doctor. You kill the monkey after 20 hours, but want to no do it to a human.

Maybe you need to try a little harder to make the medical end work on the monkey, before you killed it. Yeah… it’s life is going to suck, but if your going to next do it to a human, work out the damn kinks first on Franken-Monkey. You really should try to keep it alive for more than 20 hours before saying “Fuck Monkey” and pulling the plug. You can’t do that to a human.

First off I was like, "is he talking about a monkey to monkey transplant, then a human to human transplant or a human to monkey transplant or monkey to human. If you can give someone a kidney you should be able to give them your head. Like just donate the whole head and just in case the day you die, another dude gets his head chopped off, they could give him your head and boom, at least 1 of you could live, or both of you in some sense. Giving your head to a monkey, or taking a monkey head seems a bit different.

That also sorta makes me think about like…what if the monkey had a human head or a person with a monkey head? Which one would be more human? I imagine the head is pretty important, but the rest of the body is kind of important too. Who knows man?

Besides that, this surgeon probably didn’t actually succeed at what he was doing. The guy is lying. It’ll become a famous case to a narrow and interested audience, and those people will dictate the direction of the funding in those labs, at least at the public ones. So maybe this whole bit causes a crackdown and we get less people taking huge grant money who are just wrong about everything they’re doing. Shitty science fucks up the world man. It really does.

The days of looking at the long term effects of products and services are over, or, well, did they ever start? If you look longer down the line, you might find out negative stuff about your products, and this could be bad for business, noteriety, dating…And there’s this wonderful thing these days…everything is much harder to track. Did person X get sick because of GMOs, chemicals, Fukushima, preservatives, EM fields from wireless technologies? Who the fuck knows? And each and every legal team will shock and awe both the media and whatever juries they face with other possible culprits. You know the old, hey, it’s possible the old lady in the wheelchair did it, with attendent diagrams and odd angled photos presented by the legal team of the rich psychopath in the movies unreasonable doubt type defense. Well, modern life is handing such defenses to corporations and insane deviants like this surgeon. Actually it is the corporations that are handing each other this wonderful defense. Insane devients often don’t take of themselves in the long term either. There is no upside to being thorough in your time line research. And there is no downside to playing fast and loose with other people’s lives.

And some people get all worked up about gays or this or that race, ranting away while their car is parked on RR crossing and the train is coming and the AI driving it is on a tight schedule.

I’m not sure that this could get any more insidiously stupid, but Moreno and even Turd are actually right.

You very seriously live on the planet of the apes. You are just too much of one to know it.

James who was that post to?

You.

I can only assume that James is actually right, rather than simply being right, about whatever Turd and I are right about. And I am glad Jame’s post was aimed at Mr. Reasonable.

James I appreciate your thorough critique. Thank you for addressing my post in a substantive and critical way. You’ve really got me thinking about changing my position. Could you maybe, just for me tell me about affectance? That stuff is super interesting.

I’m not into playing your game right now. Perhaps later.

James waking up with the body of a Monkey.

…seems to have happened yesterday.

The guy just popped in to toss out an ad hom, then refused to even defend it and accused me of playing a game when I was in fact responding to the OP. Hell, I don’t even know what he doesn’t like about my response. He couldn’t give me the courtesy of being to precise in his criticism.

James why you gotta say words like, “perhaps”? Are you an angry old white man or something?