How to learn math

Think of something really complicated to pattern, buy thousands of sheets of blank printer paper, many pens and just make it up from scratch.

New symbols, new operators…

I burned all my old work about 10 years ago…

But it’s fun, hard work, and you learn a lot.

Sometimes, I think if I had taken higher math in school I’d never have gone down this path, it was filled with sweat and passion.

I burned hundreds of thousands of pages just of math and hundreds thousands more of philosophical journaling… Then I went nuts for a while.

:slight_smile:

But that truly is the best way to learn math in my experience. There are thousands of operators out there… That truly is the backbone of excellence.

I think I might be buying printer paper again, and pens.

Hundreds of thousands of pages ecmandu?

It’s getting worse man. Now you’re so far gone you can no longer tell the difference between a believable lie and an unbelievable one. You should have said hundreds… a couple thousand even… but hundreds of thousands?

Two hundred thousand pages of maths and philosophy is some going if it is true
Ecmandu can not know for certain so could be over estimating the real number

Quantity over quality eh?

I know nobody is taking this advice seriously, but in the off-chance that anybody is: don’t. This isn’t how to learn math. You don’t need to make up your own operators on hundreds of thousands of pieces of paper. That’s like reinventing the wheel, except that your reinvented wheel isn’t compatible with any of the things that use wheels, and it’s also more of an octagon than a wheel…

The people who make unique, out-of-the-box progress in mathematics are people who understand existing mathematics deeply. Not people who become hermits and scribble on hundreds of thousands of pages making up their own shit.

There goes my theory you died FJ.