How to fix a broken optical mouse.

So one day I was repairing my garbage HP printer that malfunctions every time I print. After about 20 tries of crouching, lying down, and getting up over and over again I begin to black out. As I black out I get up and accidentally knock over my laptop, which falls to the ground. My mouse doesnt work any more, and I get into a rage.

Since I am in a rage, I don’t think to try other USB devices, I simply assume it is the mouse at fault.
I dissassemble it an take out some hair and lint that has fallen into it. I plug it back in, it doesnt work.
Reboot, still doesn’t work, and neither do other USB devices.
My rage deepens and turn the laptop over and begin to spank it.

After which I take out the battery, plug it back in, and viola, the usb drives are recognizing devices again.
But, my mouse still wont work, so presumably I somehow broke it as I dissambled it.

I want a career as an electrical technician, so please tell me what I did wrong. I examined the circuits and I don’t see any loose connections. Didnt feel any static discharge either. The mouse turns on when plugged in, all LED diodes are operational, but the computer wont recognize the device as a USB device. It is a hardware issue not a software/driver issue, the computer wont even play a sound when the device is plugged in.