Why isn't the Ocean Tea?

We have all these trees and leaves falling into rivers and the ocean, and hot sun pounding it, and ice up north cooling it.

Why isn’t the ocean one giant glass of sun brewed ice tea? Shouldn’t it be ready yet to drink?

You go for it, let us know how that works for you.

I did, it tastes like salty fish pee, and not like tea. It be great if it was salty tea at least… ocean has all the ingredients, dunno why not tea.

How do you know what fish pee tastes like?
BTW most bodies of water are tea, you just might not want to drink it.

I’ve cooked fish and crab, everything still inside in pots. Stuck my tongue out, tasted. Tastes like pee. Crabs especially… I so wanted to eat a crab, was put in a pot, then placed in front of me, just staring at me… dead. I was given this nut cracker contraption, had no fucking clue what to do with it.

People around the table were digging into the ass, scooping shit out and eating it happily. Others went in through the mouth area… a little fucking weird. Then someone showed me to crack a arm… and it had clear white tissue… tongue touched it … tasted like urine.

Same with fish, taste like pee.

So ocean, when it tastes like pee and no Filipino is in sight, standing in the water, it can be blamed on the fish.

Again, how do you know what pee tastes like?

I drink my own, duh. Its got electrolytes.

But we aren’t focusing on the tea question here now.

You put a tea bag in a kettle, you get tea.

A hundred trillion billion zillion leaves over millions of years brewing, we should have a giant tea sea.

Instead, the only flavor ocean comes in is salty fish pee. Could be a recent fish, could be one from the Triassic, but it’s all been passed through many a fish by now… even though leaves and peat far outnumber the fish that have ever lived.

Ocean always tastes like mermaid twat, just weird.

It’s a tea, just a weak one as far as its leaf tea aspects. Chinese medicinal teas can have pretty much any type of substance added, so we could look at it as one giant weak, salty tonic tea. In large doses it would be a laxative and emetic, so if you’ve just eaten something with salmonella or you just got some poison in your food, think of the ocean as a medicinal tea and drink a couple of liters.

Brawndo has electrolytes.

Turd,

Forget about others. You can consider sea water as a tea and drink it as such too. Nobody is going to challenge you for that. That will save you some money also. The only advise I would like to give is that do not drink it pure but mix some water in it.

Good luck. Happy drinking.

With love,
Sanjay

Where am I gonna find the extra water to mix in if I’m in the ocean?

Fish blood and the juice of their eyeballs.

Well, you are more innovative and intelligent than me.

With love,
Sanjay

Tea - boiling water.
Sea - top 30C in the shallows.
Leaves in tea, hm, 1 percent volume, less, but anyway, a chunk.
In the sea, nothing, approaching zero.
Most leaves - not much flavor. That’s why tea was once expensive and still, compared to like say ock leaves, expensive.
So the sea is tea, but thin tea, very badly made, with very cheap flavorless tea leaves. Salt dominates, minerals.

Even a forest stream, no salt, more tree leaves per liter of water, still pretty bland.

Crab shouldn’t normally taste very fishy/pee-ey, but I left one out on the side for longer than usual recently and that’s exactly how it tasted, so maybe it was due to that.

Again… fish shouldn’t taste that strong, but shark, now shark, does! :-&

My family would be tucking into their shark supper at the dinner table, while I would eat only the accompaniments… or a sandwich. :neutral_face:

Dare you to try shark :slight_smile:

A boss, that I dearly loved, taught me to use use milk to remove the fishy taste, there are other marinades to use on sea food , like shark, to remove the strength of the taste.

Can you make it taste like a porterhouse steak?

Talk to McCormick

Only one I can’t stomach is shark, so I guess I’ll just have to live without it… oh dear 8-[
:smiley:

Rollmops, jellied eels, and other such pickled and jellied sea fare, yuck! the texture is too soft and instantly gives way with one bite due to those processes removing the firmness from them. :-&

Now let’s all be civilised and tuck into a paella:
Giant paella should be served at the first global ILP gathering… washed down with a good sangria and cocktails of choice, followed by a light fruit granola compote, and maybe a cheeseboard and port.

You all have different seafood , eel is not on any menu down here, or jellied or pickled anything. Sea food. A lot like oysters, mussels , fish are smoked.
Jellied just sounds gross to my ears :slight_smile:

What is a rollmop? I am thinking squid??