The Gear Gun. (Amazing Invention)

I will create a gear gun with a conversion of such high ratios, that the final gear will rotate with such speed as to penetrate the speed of light. i am a genius beyond belief. I cannot believe noone invented this yet.

The Gear Gun must be made out of of metal, but a lego prototype is in effect. The Gear Gun has practical application. Its operation will be turned by one large crank shaft. At the end of the shaft, a BB will be propelled at random velocities, 1000 feet into the air, at 1000 fps. This “catapult” configuration will allow us to launch small bbs at enemy encampments, high into the air at high speeds, raining metal onto our foes. Its potential is unlimited.

Lol what!

Firstly you would want to make it from black diamond as its 5 times stronger than high grade steel, secondly you wont be able to rotate the cogs anywhere near that fast due to the heat exponent generated from an increasing coefficient of friction. Not to mention the amount of energy it would take to do that etc etc.

There is a simple trick to use, just get a really big log and let gravity do the work.