I am going to make free energy machine soon.

The proliferation of bullshit is always saddening. :frowning:

We’ll see who is bull shitting in a little bit.

The two of you are bullshitting. Unfortunately, someone will read that nonsense and he will believe it. :frowning:

No, James it seems to “care” which direction it spins. I initiate a rotation in one direction and it just takes off. If I try to spin it in the opposite direction it runs may two or three turns then wobbles and reverses it’s direction, curious.

Mowk, I’d appreciate the trolling for another thread. You almost made me go out and buy some wood when you said that you got the device to work. Why do you play with my hopes and dreams? :astonished:

Well that’s interesting. An electrostatic field wouldn’t care.

See what happens when you put an opposite pole magnet above it.

Hey James, about the wind direction.

I used a dowel that had a one inch circumference, as I wound the coil I wrapped the wire parallel to getting closer to me. My thumb trapped the wire on the left side and I wound over around and under and around. Flipping the coil wound in that configuration produced the same result. This time I used the same wood dowel but I trapped the wire for the coil in my right hand thumb and wound left over and around right to left. The two coils do have different wind. Placing that counter clock wound coil changed the direction and attempting to move it the other way produceded the same result as before. Experimentally the care the coil has for which direction it spins seems dependent on whether I wound the coil over and under from right to left or left to right. I might guess that change in direction has a change of angle to the direction of the electrostatic flow, and might account for the “care” for the direction of spin.

I tried what you asked about moving a south magnetic pole into the field and given both winds, clockwise and counter clockwise the south introduced pole slowed the rotation to the point the rotor got stuck and stopped rotating. Didn’t matter whether I used the clockwise or counter clockwise wound coil. The clockwise wound coil induced a counter clockwise spin and it was stopped by the introduction of a south pole. The counter clockwise wound rotor produced a clockwise spin and it to was stopped by the introduction of a south pole of a magnet.

Experimentally it seem like whether I wind the coil from left to right or whether I wind the coil from right to left, the spin direction is consistent with whether the coil is clockwise wound or counter clockwise wound; introducing the south pole stops the coil spinning regardless of the direction of the wind or spin.

The coil seems to care to spin relative to the direction the coil was wound, right to left or left to right, but in either case the south pole stops the coil from spinning when it is near.

You could have saved yourself a little trouble and just flipped the original coil end to end.

● Yeah, but did you do as I said? I said to place that south pole ABOVE the coil, whether a separate magnet or chained around into a horse shoe.

● Also, did you strip the insulation off of the coil ends? And all the way around the wire, or just on one side of each end?

● Would you happen to have a DVM? Can you measure the voltage from pin to pin?

“You could have saved yourself a little trouble and just flipped the original coil end to end”

Ever heard of a reverse threaded screw, it requires a reverse threaded nut, If you flip the reverse threaded nut, end over end, it still fits the reverse threaded screw. No matter what orientation you arrange a regularly threaded nut it’s not going to thread onto a reverse threaded screw. The winds are reversed, and so are the coils I wound.

I’m going to have to modify the design of the device. When I put the south pole magnet above the coil is was attracted to the North pole of the magnet under the coil and what I am now left with is a broken magnet and smashed coil sandwich. Oops. Neo magnets are rather brittle. DOH!

Needless to say, It’s not spinning anymore.

A coil is not a screw. It doesn’t matter which direction up or down the shaft you wound the coil. It would even be better to wind the coil directly on top of itself without going up or down the shaft. The length of the coil is irrelevant (as long as it isn’t too long).

You broke your magnets?? :open_mouth:
:confused:
Get a DVM.

Yes I broke the magnets. They are pretty brittle and they snapped together fairly sharply. They do warn you about that on the packaging and as result the label also recommends wearing safety glasses. I can’t even find all the pieces of the magnets, which is odd cause I thought they would all be stuck together but it appears several pieces escaped the magnetic field they were moving so fast when they collided.

Once they start coming together there is nothing to slow them down but each other. It’s tough to even imagine how fast they were traveling when they collided.

I realize a coil is not a screw but both can still have either a left-hand or right-hand wind and when you flip them end over end it changes nothing.

Both the coils I wound worked and produced a spin relative to their wind. I’m just saying.

A couple of magnets are cheaper then a volt meter, if you already have a DVM why don’t you go out and buy a couple magnets?

I just broke the magnets I bought following your instructions.

That’s it. Try to blame your petty expenditures on me.

:icon-rolleyes:

So how are you going to make your million dollars now?

…seems like magnet bits oughta stick together.

I guess the old fashioned way :shrug:

And I wasn’t blaming you. Shit happens.

What, you don’t believe in yourself now?
That’s all it took?

I’m not following you. With the device I’m still thinking I’ll be making the millions the old fashioned way.

As I will likely not be putting all the devices together myself and selling them one at a time I’ve begun drawing up the plans that can be used for tooling and mass production. I’ve made a few upgrades which need to be factored in. You know; old fashion stuff?

“…seems like magnet bits oughta stick together.”

I sort of thought that too. But mass seems to play a role in how strong a magnet is. There were I’d guess, a lot of small pieces that were the result of the collision. Small enough pieces could have small and weak enough magnetic fields. What sort of force is generated by half a force attracted by it’s other half, particularly when mass is involved? How fast are magnets traveling when opposites collide?

I don’t have a digital volt meter I have an old analog multi-meter. It generates just over a volt 1.15 - 1.2 V. It also has a ammeter and it barely tweaks the needle at it’s maximum sensitivity, in the range of .025 mA, .002875 watts. All of a sudden it’s not too practical. It’s not even going to charge an LED.

Plans on hold. Thanks for the heads up.

So you measured this before you broke it? I’m a little curious how you measured the amperage. And there was other things that you needed to measure.

The issue of the voltage being low is resolved by merely putting more sourced in series. LEDs vary in voltage requirements but most these days need about 3v.

No James, I took those measurements from the first coil and the smaller magnet that I started with. The half inch coil and 3/8th in magnet. Experimentally I was thinking of building a bigger one next. The hobby store sells a four inch magnet so I thought I’d try a five or six inch coil to see if the output scales at all. I’ll be keeping an eye out on junk day to see if I can’t find an even larger pair of magnet from discarded audio speakers. I’m thinking the coil maybe too heavy to support it’s own weight on it’s tails horizontally so I’m going to try orienting the spinning coils axis vertically instead so it will spin like a top, rather then a gerbil cage. I measured the amperage indirectly using a small stationary secondary coil around one tail of the spinning coil.

I won’t have a lot of time over the next few weeks as we are remodeling our kitchen. When we had the old cabinets pulled down we found a copy of The Saturday Evening Post from November of 1963, presumably the date of the last kitchen remodel in this old house. I’ve been cooking on a stove that was 52 years old. Impossible to find parts for.

Darn, Jim the cabinet gut finished his install before I could bury and easter egg for the next owner.