how to project a particle beam that alters the polarity of a

How do you project a particle beam that alters the polarity of a high density substance (non gas, but liquid or solid.)

I would like to project a directional particle beam (light speed) that alters the polarity (electrical charge) of the high density substance it lands upon.

The minigun is hard to beat for that.

So you want a charged particle beam? Those tend to be less reliable, shorter distance devices. Most particle projectors remove the charge from the particles before releasing them. Neutral particles are not going to change the charge of the target … just melt it. An electron beam is pretty easy, but very short distance in air. A proton beam is more effective, but rather expensive when weaponized.

Or for $19.99 at Wal-Mart:

302220 Electron Beam Launcher

The particles themselves are not meant to inflict damage, only change the polarity of the target material. The beam’s particles are needed to travel a long distance in air. The beam is not meant to inflict damage, but change the polarity of the solid (non gas) material upon collision. The beam should not change the polarity of the gaseous particles as it travels through the air, but only change the polarity of any dense material (liquid or solid) it encounters.

I don’t think there is a way to send charged particles through the air without charging or discharging the air. You might be able to devise some special kind of bullet for that, but not simple sub-atomic particles. Whether electrons or protons, there is going to be an arc between the gun and the target and the target is going to get burnt. An electron beam would do very little physical damage, but a proton beam would destroy the nucleus of the atoms they encountered, causing a radioactive disintegration of the material.

There are possibly very sophisticated games that could be played using pulse lasers and/or neutrons, but I doubt that it could be done in a practical sense but rather a small amount of charge could be produced on a known, fixed, and mounted target … perhaps. Simply shooting charged particles at things isn’t going to do it … without burning it … unless you are talking about a pretty small charge (electrostatic).

The particles emitted from the beam projector needent be charged themselves. The goal is to project a directional beam or ray of some sort which causes the material in front of it to become highly charged.

Perhaps waves are better suited to this than particles. Can EM waves or soundwaves cause a surface to become charged?

The only way to alter the charge of a substance is to increase or decrease the number of electrons to protons within the substance. I don’t think that you can do that directly with any non-destructive projection, but I’m not an expert in that arena. If the target is grounded in certain specific ways, you probably could do it with a normal high frequency radio wave because that could result in a current flow in the target. But I don’t think that is what you are looking for.