The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby Ecmandu » Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am

James S Saint wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I understand that the referent is not the object... LOL you just called infinity an object!!!!!! James, you really don't know what you're getting into here. Wake up man!!

You did exactly what you said you weren't going to do. I know your whole philosophy of ethics revolves around infinitesimals as well... so this is basically your whole life here, but man, you don't know as much about math as you think you do... you can parrot, but you can't question with authority, you're even afraid of it.
Ecmandu wrote:Let's anticipate your reply...

"No, the symbol of infinity is the object and infinity is the referent." How do you abstract the symbol without being the referent in the case of infinity? It would take you an infinite amount of time to process the symbol... this is the only symbol for which this is true. So you call yourself a bound infinity, which means you're calling yourself omniscient... oh this gets funnier and funnier.

There is just SO much dumb in those posts. I am not going to explain it all over to you again and again. I pointed out your errors, in several ways. You ignore them in an effort to save your stance (as I already explained that you were going to do .. because you have a specific learning issue). You hardly ever say anything that is actually true. Your statements just get dumber and dumber.
"1.000... = 2"
"1 = infinity"

:icon-rolleyes:


Your theory holds that 1.000...1!!! equals 2.

I never said 1 = infinity... you assume that I said 1 = 1.0...

Sure call me stupid James.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6823
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby Arminius » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:15 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:You do know the paradox matrix don't you? T/T = existence, T/F = contradiction (false), F/T = contradiction (false), F/F = paradox

The point I make is if false is false, it is actually true.

I am a liar.

Supposedly if it's true it's false and if it's false it's true.

You left out the third option (people love doing that);
1) True
2) False
3) Neither, Not applicable

Yes. People love letting out that third option.
Compare Mutcer who seems to know merely two categories:
1) "theists",
2) "atheists".
That there are also people who are neither theists nor atheists is not imaginable - not to mention thinkable - for him.

People love two opponents, especially then, if they can prefer one of them. All other options seem to be too elaborated, too complicated for them.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5681
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Arminius wrote:People love two opponents, especially then, if they can prefer one of them. All other options seem to be too elaborated, too complicated for them.

As demonstrated in all of the politics and religion sites, people always much prefer the simple minded, "black or white" mentality and defend it relentlessly, regardless of all reason. They love to be on a supportive side. It makes them feel much more secure and have the courage to struggle through their imaginary life.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby barbarianhorde » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:15 pm

Even nothing exists, in your imagination like all things.

How could you talk about it otherwise?
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Thinker
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:47 am

barbarianhorde wrote:Even nothing exists, in your imagination like all things.

How could you talk about it otherwise?

Your imagination exists. What it is that you imagine is a totally different story.
Your dreams exist. What it is that you dream to be real, is merely a dream/fantasy.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:40 am

this argument is retarded. 1/infin is not absolute zero, it only approaches it. slapping a label of 'absolute zero cuz my pro-fes-so sez so' doesnt actually make it absolute zero.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:47 am

second thing laughably retarded about this is u liken the universe to a random number generator, then you say a force is needed to cancel out the random numbers.

utterly retarded, since the random number generator is caused by a force in the first place, and if u know anything about computing is random generators have to be built into the machine, using strings of numbers, and or multiplied by the date and time, all of which are forces. so it would actually be less "force" if the numbers were homogenous and not randomized, so terrible example to base your demonstration on.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:this argument is retarded.

No offense, but your refutation seems a bit "retarded" considering;
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:1/infin is not absolute zero, it only approaches it. slapping a label of 'absolute zero cuz my pro-fes-so sez so' doesnt actually make it absolute zero.
James S Saint wrote:Possibility of homogeneous line = (1/infA)^((infA)^2).

That is 1 infinitesimal reduced by itself infinitely an infinite number of times.

1 infinitesimal ≡ (1/infA)
There is nothing saying that 1/InfA is exactly/absolute zero.
Wasn't that kind of obvious from the OP? Wouldn't one have to be kind of "retarded" to miss that?

And also:
James S Saint wrote:AbsInf ≡ highest possible number toward absolute infinity.

And then of course,
1/AbsInf = would be the lowest possible number or value.

The only time that I talk about absolute zero is when I end up with the lowest possible number raised to a power ("(1/AbsInf)^(Absinf^12)"), which automatically brings it to less than the lowest possible .. or "absolute zero".

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:u liken the universe to a random number generator, then you say a force is needed to cancel out the random numbers.

Emm ... no.
Firstly I am not likening the universe to a random number generator, at all, rather I am computing a possibility. I never said that the universe randomly provides whatever. I am calculating the absolute possibility of anything existing regardless of from where it might have come.

This argument is independent of the issue of any cause of the universe.
Regardless of any kind of causal agent, it is mathematically impossible for the universe to become, or to ever have been, pure nothingness.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby barbarianhorde » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:05 pm

James S Saint wrote:
barbarianhorde wrote:Even nothing exists, in your imagination like all things.

How could you talk about it otherwise?

Your imagination exists. What it is that you imagine is a totally different story.
Your dreams exist. What it is that you dream to be real, is merely a dream/fantasy.

Nonsensicalness. All of it is experience which is brain chemistry. Blue exists. Dragons exist. Both exist in your mind, not out of it.

If you say colors exist, then you have to conclude nothing exists as well. It is only admitting that your brain is real, nothing more complicitated than that and let alone nothing cosmographical or such.

Look.

"Nothing".

"Something".

Can you experience the similarness?
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Thinker
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:10 pm

barbarianhorde wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
barbarianhorde wrote:Even nothing exists, in your imagination like all things.

How could you talk about it otherwise?

Your imagination exists. What it is that you imagine is a totally different story.
Your dreams exist. What it is that you dream to be real, is merely a dream/fantasy.

Nonsensicalness. All of it is experience which is brain chemistry. Blue exists. Dragons exist. Both exist in your mind, not out of it.

If you say colors exist, then you have to conclude nothing exists as well. It is only admitting that your brain is real, nothing more complicitated than that and let alone nothing cosmographical or such.

Look.

"Nothing".

"Something".

Can you experience the similarness?

All of that would depend on your definition of "existence". But has nothing to do with this OP.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby barbarianhorde » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:27 pm

Oh.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Thinker
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:27 pm

Your quote
Now we have truly absolute zero possibility because if we are already as close to absolute zero as possible with "1/AbsInf", as soon as we multiply that by any fraction, we have breached absolute zero, impossibly small. And we have breached absolute zero by a factor of AbsInf^12 ... well, well beyond absolute zero possibility of homogeneity.

Thus Absolute Homogeneity, "Nothingness", is absolutely impossible.


Of course youll scramble to twist your words and that this has nothing to do with absolute zero.

Next thing that's retarded. Are you aware of a concept of white noise? Absolute randomness, would be nothingness, in the sense of lack of conscious awareness. Your equations are shams.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:33 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Your quote
Now we have truly absolute zero possibility because if we are already as close to absolute zero as possible with "1/AbsInf", as soon as we multiply that by any fraction, we have breached absolute zero, impossibly small. And we have breached absolute zero by a factor of AbsInf^12 ... well, well beyond absolute zero possibility of homogeneity.

Thus Absolute Homogeneity, "Nothingness", is absolutely impossible.


Of course youll scramble to twist your words and that this has nothing to do with absolute zero.

Next thing that's retarded. Are you aware of a concept of white noise? Absolute randomness, would be nothingness, in the sense of lack of conscious awareness. Your equations are shams.

Are you having trouble reading?

James S Saint wrote:And also:

    James S Saint wrote:
    AbsInf ≡ highest possible number toward absolute infinity.

    And then of course,
    1/AbsInf = would be the lowest possible number or value.


The only time that I talk about absolute zero is when I end up with the lowest possible number raised to a power ("(1/AbsInf)^(Absinf^12)"), which automatically brings it to less than the lowest possible .. or "absolute zero".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:39 pm

James S Saint wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Your quote
Now we have truly absolute zero possibility because if we are already as close to absolute zero as possible with "1/AbsInf", as soon as we multiply that by any fraction, we have breached absolute zero, impossibly small. And we have breached absolute zero by a factor of AbsInf^12 ... well, well beyond absolute zero possibility of homogeneity.

Thus Absolute Homogeneity, "Nothingness", is absolutely impossible.


Of course youll scramble to twist your words and that this has nothing to do with absolute zero.

Next thing that's retarded. Are you aware of a concept of white noise? Absolute randomness, would be nothingness, in the sense of lack of conscious awareness. Your equations are shams.

Are you having trouble reading?

James S Saint wrote:And also:

    James S Saint wrote:
    AbsInf ≡ highest possible number toward absolute infinity.

    And then of course,
    1/AbsInf = would be the lowest possible number or value.


The only time that I talk about absolute zero is when I end up with the lowest possible number raised to a power ("(1/AbsInf)^(Absinf^12)"), which automatically brings it to less than the lowest possible .. or "absolute zero".


Your point? You devoted a whole paragraph to it in a small 5-6 paragraph essay. And now you're claiming its irrelevant to your equations.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:08 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Your point? You devoted a whole paragraph to it in a small 5-6 paragraph essay. And now you're claiming its irrelevant to your equations.

The point is that you have been falsely accusing me.

1) You implied that I said that 1/infA = absolute zero. I did not ever imply that. In fact, I expressly showed it not to be.

2) You claimed that I was likening the universe to a random number generator. I was not. I explained that I was merely calculating the possibility of the universe ever being in one particular state regardless of how it might get there.

3) You are now making claims that I am making some sham apparently because you can't follow fairly trivial logic and math.

The very end result is that there is less than the lowest possible number of a chance for the universe to be at a state of nothingness. I call that being at "absolute zero".

It isn't a word game. It is pretty simple logic and math.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 pm

James S Saint wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Your point? You devoted a whole paragraph to it in a small 5-6 paragraph essay. And now you're claiming its irrelevant to your equations.

The point is that you have been falsely accusing me.

1) You implied that I said that 1/infA = absolute zero. I did not ever imply that. In fact, I expressly showed it not to be.

2) You claimed that I was likening the universe to a random number generator. I was not. I explained that I was merely calculating the possibility of the universe ever being in one particular state regardless of how it might get there.

3) You are now making claims that I am making some sham apparently because you can't follow fairly trivial logic and math.

The very end result is that there is less than the lowest possible number of a chance for the universe to be at a state of nothingness. I call that being at "absolute zero".

It isn't a word game. It is pretty simple logic and math.


Nonsense. Rubbish, and bollox.

I simplified your equation for you. Saying 1/(inf^inf^inf) is no different than your equation, is no different than 1/inf)
its made up babble since the universe does not even contain an infinite amount of stuff.

your entire argument is predicated on sand. the tower of babble
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:33 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:the universe does not even contain an infinite amount of stuff.

My argument is independent of that erroneous thought. But for you to use it as contradiction, you really need to be able to prove what you just claimed. I, very seriously, doubt that you can do that (although it still wouldn't be relevant to my OP argument).
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:35 pm

James S Saint wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:the universe does not even contain an infinite amount of stuff.

My argument is independent of that erroneous thought. But for you to use it as contradiction, you really need to be able to prove what you just claimed. I, very seriously, doubt that you can do that (although it still wouldn't be relevant to my OP argument).


Right, I will take my microscope, scoop up every bit of stardust in the universe, and then you'll say "But maybe you missed a spot."
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:05 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Right, I will take my microscope, scoop up every bit of stardust in the universe, and then you'll say "But maybe you missed a spot."

I'm afraid that I am going to have to agree with Phyllo on this;
phyllo wrote:I hate to tell you this [GreatandWiseTrixie] but you have made so many bullshit posts on this site that I don't feel any need to respond to you.
phyllo wrote:You have not said anything worthwhile since you arrived on this site.
phyllo wrote:You have got to be the lowest hanging fruit on the tree.
(And I have dealt with Mutcer.)
phyllo wrote:Why don't you shut up?
You don't because you think that you are saying something important. You are not.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:12 pm

James S Saint wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Right, I will take my microscope, scoop up every bit of stardust in the universe, and then you'll say "But maybe you missed a spot."

I'm afraid that I am going to have to agree with Phyllo on this;
phyllo wrote:I hate to tell you this [GreatandWiseTrixie] but you have made so many bullshit posts on this site that I don't feel any need to respond to you.
phyllo wrote:You have not said anything worthwhile since you arrived on this site.
phyllo wrote:You have got to be the lowest hanging fruit on the tree.
(And I have dealt with Mutcer.)
phyllo wrote:Why don't you shut up?
You don't because you think that you are saying something important. You are not.


I am so hurt James. With this post, you have elevated your piles of crap above mine, and will forever be known as a living legend, sounded in the halls of ilpturds.com, for aeons.

With this post, you have single-handedly doomed me to a life of obscurity, and mediocrity, for many years. Well played sir, well played.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby Platospuppy1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:40 pm

I think that you need to define what you mean by nothingness.

Do you believe that empty space is nothingness?

I personally believe that space is full and matter is empty.

The universe is apparently 4% matter and 96% emptiness or space.

If E=MC squared, then emptiness and space are made of the same stuff.

I would call this stuff aether.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Platospuppy1 wrote:I think that you need to define what you mean by nothingness.

..the complete lack of any form of substance or differentiation, 100% homogeneity.

Platospuppy1 wrote:Do you believe that empty space is nothingness?

I know that it isn't. That's the whole point to the OP.

Platospuppy1 wrote:I personally believe that space is full and matter is empty.

Unless you have a strange definition of "empty", matter cannot be empty.

Platospuppy1 wrote:The universe is apparently 4% matter and 96% emptiness or space.

It is around 4% highly concentrated affectance and 96% very lowly concentrated affectance.

Platospuppy1 wrote:If E=MC squared, then emptiness and space are made of the same stuff.

That's true.

Platospuppy1 wrote:I would call this stuff aether.

I call it Affectance. Aether was defined much earlier and in very slightly the wrong way. Due to that misunderstanding of what it had to be, Science turned against the existence of it completely. The Aether theory was actually very close to being exactly right .. except they mis-defined what aether is.

On the other hand, there is no alternative to the existence of Affectance.
Affectance is what "aether" was supposed to be.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby Platospuppy1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:39 am

James S Saint wrote:..the complete lack of any form of substance or differentiation, 100% homogeneity.


How do you know that nothingness is %100 homogeneous?

Unless you have a strange definition of "empty", matter cannot be empty.


If matter isn't empty, then , why is space trying its hardest to get into it (gravity)?



I call it Affectance. Aether was defined much earlier and in very slightly the wrong way. Due to that misunderstanding of what it had to be, Science turned against the existence of it completely. The Aether theory was actually very close to being exactly right .. except they mis-defined what aether is.

On the other hand, there is no alternative to the existence of Affectance.
Affectance is what "aether" was supposed to be.


You have just added another name to aether. I will have to add it to my growing list. Dark matter, dark energy, virtual photon, Higgs boson, up quark, down quark, space time continuum, strange quarks, charm quarks, muons, neutrinos, tauon, bottom quark, top quark, weakons, Klingons and now introducing the 'affectance'.

Aether is like soap powder.People keep repackaging it with hyperbole and dubious science.
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby James S Saint » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Platospuppy1 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:..the complete lack of any form of substance or differentiation, 100% homogeneity.


How do you know that nothingness is %100 homogeneous?

That seems like kind of a silly question. If there was any variation, that variation wouldn't be "nothing".

Platospuppy1 wrote:If matter isn't empty, then , why is space trying its hardest to get into it (gravity)?

I could understand you asking why other mass is "trying to get into matter", but what makes you think that space is trying to "get into matter"?

Platospuppy1 wrote:
I call it Affectance. Aether was defined much earlier and in very slightly the wrong way. Due to that misunderstanding of what it had to be, Science turned against the existence of it completely. The Aether theory was actually very close to being exactly right .. except they mis-defined what aether is.

On the other hand, there is no alternative to the existence of Affectance.
Affectance is what "aether" was supposed to be.


You have just added another name to aether.

No. I have named what is actually there. The word "Aether" is not referring to the same thing that I am talking about. Affectance is much like what they defined as aether, but they are not actually the same thing. I didn't call it aether for a reason. When they defined aether, they made a mistake .. the same mistake that your buddy Robert Distinti is making. Affectance is NOT a "medium" that objects float through.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25760
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever

Postby Platospuppy1 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:40 pm

James S Saint wrote:
That seems like kind of a silly question. If there was any variation, that variation wouldn't be "nothing".


So, are you saying that empty space has nothing in it?


I could understand you asking why other mass is "trying to get into matter", but what makes you think that space is trying to "get into matter"?


Space is pushing you down towards the centre of the Earth, that's why. Nature can only push, it can't pull. Pulling is a 17th century concept which was derived from the horse and buggy era. It was thought that the horse was pulling the buggy but alas, the horse is pushing the buggy, not pulling it.

I call it Affectance. Aether was defined much earlier and in very slightly the wrong way. Due to that misunderstanding of what it had to be, Science turned against the existence of it completely. The Aether theory was actually very close to being exactly right .. except they mis-defined what aether is.

On the other hand, there is no alternative to the existence of Affectance.
Affectance is what "aether" was supposed to be.


Ah, ha. So affectance is a new improved form of aether. Does it get out all those stubborn stains that ordinary aethers can't? :lol: Enough humour; what about cause and effect? Is affectance an effect without the cause? If so; then, what what causes affectance?

No. I have named what is actually there. The word "Aether" is not referring to the same thing that I am talking about. Affectance is much like what they defined as aether, but they are not actually the same thing. I didn't call it aether for a reason. When they defined aether, they made a mistake .. the same mistake that your buddy Robert Distinti is making. Affectance is NOT a "medium" that objects float through.


Robert Distiniti has more than 50 videos. I imagine that you couldn't have seen all of them in such a short period of time so you might have been a little rash in jumping to any conclusions so quickly. I would advise you to see all his videos and maybe watch some several times so the concepts are better understood. Note - Spinning objects tend to attract without gravity or magnetism.

Please explain how you believe light travels.
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]