Math Fun

Rules:

Post a math problem that you have the solution to in bold.
For those who want to answer the problem provide your solution in a tab so as not to ruin it for others.

Rules subject to change. PM me if you have anything that should be added or removed or any suggestions for this thread in general.

Solve Zeno’s paradox about firing an arrow and never being able to hit a moving target by any means necessary and show that it is in fact not a paradox. You may use any form of maths as long as it is logical and constrained by current set, number theories.

Clue: you don’t need calculus, in fact all you need is periodicity over time, but it might be easier if you use it.

I think I broke this thread. Ok since no one wants to answer the question post another one. :smiley:

was it 7?

Was it what?

Let’s just move on, no one is interested in the question I asked, whether it was nine or lemming is beside the point. :slight_smile:

Topology question sequence:

AE FHIK LMN

What letters come next?

It’s loosely related to maths, but then isn’t everything.

I fear the reason is… is that you are on many a foe list and therefore they cannot see the question in order to answer it - it’s a shame because you have good content…

Nah who cares lifes too short to pay any attention to people who don’t like you.

I’ll have to think on your problem Tralix…

Here is another problem:

[b]What is the next number in this series?

2,3,8,1,5,11,4,9,5,7,2,8,5,7,4,8,1,?[/b]

I have a hint if you need one…

The first 6 numbers add up to 34, the second 36, I presume the next six will add up to 38. Even if that’s not correct it is technically correct, suspect there are many patterns to that particular configuration of numbers repeated by mathematical function in subtraction and multiplication too.

nope

Ah but it is correct though mathematically you cannot fault it. Better to say it is not the answer you have on your card. :stuck_out_tongue:

the next numbers are 5, 6 , and 243. based on tralix’s “everyone is right if you look hard enough” fallacy

I didn’t say that any number series could have multiple solutions. I did not say I was correct just technically correct, which of course is the best kind of correct. :stuck_out_tongue:

Every certain amount of prime numbers are followed by an even non prime as well although I doubt that is correct either.

The next numbers could be 4,2,2 meaning 1st,3rd,5th number adds up to the same as every 2nd,4th,6th etc. Which is also probably not correct.

woops i posted it wrong it should be: 2,4,8,1,5,2,4,1,5,7,2,8,5,7,4,8,1,?

Are the odd numbers palindromes of each other and the even likewise. If so the answer is pretty obvious, if not I shall think on? is the whole thing a palindrome?

no… i can give you a hint if you want…

Nah I hate spoilers, I have never been great at number sequences, its a blind spot for me I will think on. :smiley:

Any thoughts about my puzzle, I already gave a clue by the way. :slight_smile:

AE FHIK LMN…?

It could be 52 then say 7?

I’ll have to think on it more i spent a good bit on it this morning and got no where.