Eternal Return. Cyclical Time Theory.

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: Eternal Return. Cyclical Time Theory.

Postby encode_decode » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:53 pm

James S Saint wrote:There is an infinity of you present at all times. Exact duplicates of you down below the subatomic level exist throughout the universe. Each one diverges from being identical to you as time passes. But also as time passes, another exact duplicate forms from something that wasn't quite exact yet. You will always be present in the universe, as will I and every other creature ever born. There is no escape from that conclusion once you know the mathematics of it (which isn't all that hard).

So yes, you are "reborn". And even more, you are being reborn every instant into different locations throughout the universe. Your "soul" and also, separately, your "spirit", is truly eternal and ever present. And then of course, you are never exactly identical to how you were, thus you are constantly being "reborn" into a new "configuration", but only through a gradual, cohesive type of process. There are no instantaneous, discontinuitous, or uncaused events. All physical reality flows.

Thank you James, that sums it up really well what I was thinking. I understand the mathematics is not that hard - I have it internalized at present and I intend on externalizing it. The splitting off of us into exact duplicates is a bit more difficult for me to imagine but I imagine the externalization of the mathematics can shed light on that. Hopefully I am fully interpreting you correctly.
It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
(Anomaly654 - 2017)

But the point remains that you can't get at that meaning before grasping the surface meaning
- which is to say there is always meaning.

(gib - 2017)

Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
(Myself - 2017)
encode_decode
Thinker

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:59 pm

I pointed out earlier that RMs method lacks an entire dimension. This lack accounts for the erroneous outcome of an infinitude of the same occurrence.
In fact, the world is infinitely more differentiated than what AO allows for: this theory works with the assumption that being is an abstraction which can be denoted in a homogenous matrix.

In fact, being is differentiated already before it becomes "affectance".
Not all types of being affect all other types of being. Therefore, it is extremely sloppy to regard existence as "affectance" in general. If this generality existed, then all being would affect all being. But generalities, just like abstractions, aren't real things.

This does not mean James is a moron - it is also what Einstein wasn't able to see.
Not to compare James to Einstein, but it is a pretty serious intellectual challenge.

Potential differentiates exhaustively before it is able to touch itself, to lock into itself, to "affect".
Value Ontology illuminates the entire process before potential (first being) locks into itself as "affectance" - this is the realm where also spin entanglement occurs, a realm logically (obviously not temporally) prior to time-space.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby James S Saint » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:I pointed out earlier that RMs method lacks an entire dimension. This lack accounts for the erroneous outcome of an infinitude of the same occurrence.
In fact, the world is infinitely more differentiated than what AO allows for: this theory works with the assumption that being is an abstraction which can be denoted in a homogenous matrix.

In fact, being is differentiated already before it becomes "affectance".
Not all types of being affect all other types of being. Therefore, it is extremely sloppy to regard existence as "affectance" in general. If this generality existed, then all being would affect all being. But generalities, just like abstractions, aren't real things.

This does not mean James is a moron - it is also what Einstein wasn't able to see.
Not to compare James to Einstein, but it is a pretty serious intellectual challenge.

Potential differentiates exhaustively before it is able to touch itself, to lock into itself, to "affect".
Value Ontology illuminates the entire process before potential (first being) locks into itself as "affectance" - this is the realm where also spin entanglement occurs, a realm logically (obviously not temporally) prior to time-space.

You are just babbling .. again. And have no idea what you are trying to criticize. Lying once again. VO can't compete against AO and seriously shouldn't try.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:08 pm

If only you had ever attempted to think about what i offer you... but you are someone without love of science.

RM is played out. Capable has clearly proven it invalid based on the physics where i had already shown it to be a statistical post facto surface chart plotting tool lacking dimensionality in 2012.

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Some Guy in History » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:18 pm

"how many times have I lived this life; just once or an infinite amount?" "Is this my first time or my last time or somewhere in between?"

Where do these questions come from and where does the idea of cyclical time come from? Is it even respectable to our own intellects to continue to label it as just a theory? There is an eternity of eternities on a linear time line and all circling in time to do impossible things through the underlayers and overlayers of reality within reality creating countless alternate realities off by mere few details to varied and intricately different while still retaining the same overall to completely different, all existing in and seeing through to the end full eternity in all its stretches whether, to us, they cease to exist or we lose sight of them. Our own as we bend our minds trying to pierce and either predict/know the future or ascertain and discern and know our past in all terms of being 100% certain of something that we'll never be certain of. We can at least be certain of the fact that Cyclical Time, no matter how long, is a truth and not merely a theory.

Behind the mask is nothing; just an ideal, an idea, a hope. It is undying, impossible to hide. Anonymity isn't something you feign or pretend at, it's where your life takes you as you walk down a road you had no choice but to walk down. The mask isn't something to hide behind, nor a cover for a visage burned, but what the world forces you to wear to become their version of you.
Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:"how many times have I lived this life; just once or an infinite amount?" "Is this my first time or my last time or somewhere in between?"

Where do these questions come from and where does the idea of cyclical time come from? Is it even respectable to our own intellects to continue to label it as just a theory? There is an eternity of eternities on a linear time line and all circling in time to do impossible things through the underlayers and overlayers of reality within reality creating countless alternate realities off by mere few details to varied and intricately different while still retaining the same overall to completely different, all existing in and seeing through to the end full eternity in all its stretches whether, to us, they cease to exist or we lose sight of them. Our own as we bend our minds trying to pierce and either predict/know the future or ascertain and discern and know our past in all terms of being 100% certain of something that we'll never be certain of. We can at least be certain of the fact that Cyclical Time, no matter how long, is a truth and not merely a theory.

No viable, post Newtonean rationale has been given for a cyclical universe. So it is not even a theory.
As far as I can tell, we only exist the once. Anyone who really exists is good with that. Eternity is merely our circumference.

I can't deny Ill be reborn, I don't know. Il take it, if it is the case, thank you. But cyclical time is a) not argued for and b) does not produce the necessity of repeating identical universes, and c) a perfect equality of these supposed consecutive universes would cancel out any additional existence of the entities in them. Relatively to existence itself we still only exist the once.

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:05 am

History moves in cycles with respect to unchanging laws.
The axis of existence is the will to power. It revolves around this.
This is not a spatial revolving but one of character. The character of being progresses throughout cycles that all relate to the will to power, but can be entirely incompatible with each other.
This is what wormholes really are - absurdity.

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby James S Saint » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Capable has clearly proven it invalid based on the physics where i had already shown it to be a statistical post facto surface chart plotting tool lacking dimensionality in 2012.

Capable never proved anything other than that he is Incapable of learning technical details and what is being said (no doubt due to episodes of uncontrollable ranting). If you think there is a proof somewhere, display it.

And you still can't figure out what happened to you, largely due to your attempts at placing blame on me.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else

It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".

Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Haha

happy snoring.

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby James S Saint » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:26 pm

James S Saint wrote:If you think there is a proof somewhere, display it.
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Some Guy in History » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Some Guy in History wrote:"how many times have I lived this life; just once or an infinite amount?" "Is this my first time or my last time or somewhere in between?"

No viable, post Newtonean rationale has been given for a cyclical universe. So it is not even a theory.
As far as I can tell, we only exist the once. Anyone who really exists is good with that. Eternity is merely our circumference.

I can't deny Ill be reborn, I don't know. Il take it, if it is the case, thank you. But cyclical time is a) not argued for and b) does not produce the necessity of repeating identical universes, and c) a perfect equality of these supposed consecutive universes would cancel out any additional existence of the entities in them. Relatively to existence itself we still only exist the once.

There is heavy proof that it exists as more than a theory and to deny it is to deny the truth within yourself that you have experienced the same as any other. You can sit there with faulty reasoning; as evidenced; but it does not change the truth.

Behind the mask is nothing; just an ideal, an idea, a hope. It is undying, impossible to hide. Anonymity isn't something you feign or pretend at, it's where your life takes you as you walk down a road you had no choice but to walk down. The mask isn't something to hide behind, nor a cover for a visage burned, but what the world forces you to wear to become their version of you.
Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby James S Saint » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:There is heavy proof that it exists as more than a theory

It is mathematically impossible for the physical universe to ever repeat itself, even once throughout an infinity of time.
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Some Guy in History » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:29 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Some Guy in History wrote:There is heavy proof that it exists as more than a theory

It is mathematically impossible for the physical universe to ever repeat itself, even once throughout an infinity of time.

Then your math is faulty.

Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby James S Saint » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:Then your math is faulty.

Then show me the fault, otherwise your reasoning is faulty.
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Some Guy in History » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:29 pm

James S Saint wrote:

Why when you should be having that question answered without my outward response. But, for shits and giggles: in the long-term of long-terms of recycled matter and old matter made new and new spirit matter condensed again to physical matter made manifest, we're carried along the lines of eternities past and future, like leylines and the random factor is sentient, which makes it a very large likelihood that this little story repeats itself, for how rare to our own lifespan compared to the larger scale, still far too often for some things liking. And, the proof is there in the metaconscious mind to support it along with the seemingly inadequate backing of logical thinking as evidenced here by myself. Entirely reasonable.
Last edited by Some Guy in History on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby James S Saint » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:
James S Saint wrote:

Why when you should be having that question answered without my outward response. But, for shits and giggles: in the long-term of long-terms of recycled matter and old matter made new and new spirit matter condensed again to physical matter made manifest, we're carried along the lines of eternities past and future, like leylines and the random factor is sentient, which makes it a very large likelihood that this little story repeats itself, for how rare on our own lifespan compared to the larger scale, still far too often for some things liking. And, the proof it there in the metaconscious mind to support it along with the seemingly inadequate backing of logical thinking as evidenced here by myself. Entirely reasonable.

So you don't have any objection to the actual math. You merely "feel" that the math should show something different?
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Some Guy in History » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:15 pm

James S Saint wrote:So you don't have any objection to the actual math. You merely "feel" that the math should show something different?

I just gave you my objection backed up by solid logic and you have nothing to combat it with except 'ad homs'. Should I report you? It's a pity that I'm not as petty as others. A petty pity that I feel no pity.

Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:20 pm

#-o
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby James S Saint » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:
James S Saint wrote:So you don't have any objection to the actual math. You merely "feel" that the math should show something different?

I just gave you my objection backed up by solid logic and you have nothing to combat it with except 'ad homs'. Should I report you? It's a pity that I'm not as petty as others. A petty pity that I feel no pity.

Oh, I'm sorry. So you thought that was "solid logic". Well, let's see...

Some Guy in History wrote:in the long-term of long-terms of recycled matter and old matter made new and new spirit matter condensed again to physical matter made manifest, we're carried along the lines of eternities past and future, like leylines and the random factor is sentient

Not that such makes a sensible predicate, but...
Some Guy in History wrote:which makes it a very large likelihood that this little story repeats itself

"a very large likelihood"? Is that your premise or your conclusion?

Could you show us the statistics on that? Probability is a matter of number of opportunities versus trials.

Obviously you have no such data, so exactly what is the "solid logic" that brought you to such a priori declaration?

Some Guy in History wrote:for how rare to our own lifespan compared to the larger scale, still far too often for some things liking.

So, because we are small? :-?

Some Guy in History wrote:And, the proof is there in the metaconscious mind

Oh.
Well..
As I said,

Some Guy in History wrote:along with the seemingly inadequate backing of logical thinking as evidenced here by myself.

So your "inadequate backing of logical thinking" is a part of your evidence that the universe repeats itself?
:-?

I guess I am just missing the "solid" part.
.. well, and the "logic" part.
But the rest, I think I understand.
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby surreptitious57 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:38 am

James wrote:
There is an infinity of you present at all times. Exact duplicates of you down below the sub atomic level exist throughout the universe. Each one diverges from
being identical to you as time passes. But also as time passes another exact duplicate forms from something that wasnt quite exact. You will always be present in
the universe as will I and every other creature ever born. There is no escape from that conclusion once you know the mathematics of it [ which isnt all that hard ]

So yes you are reborn. And even more you are being reborn every instant into different locations throughout the universe. Your soul and also separately your
spirit is truly eternal and ever present. And then of course you are never exactly identical to how you were thus you are constantly being reborn into a new
configuration but only through a gradual cohesive type of process. There are no instantaneous, discontinuous or uncaused events. All physical reality flows

This sounds very much like the Everett Many Worlds Hypothesis
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby James S Saint » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:16 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
James wrote:There is an infinity of you present at all times. Exact duplicates of you down below the sub atomic level exist throughout the universe. Each one diverges from being identical to you as time passes. But also as time passes another exact duplicate forms from something that wasnt quite exact. You will always be present in the universe as will I and every other creature ever born. There is no escape from that conclusion once you know the mathematics of it [ which isnt all that hard ].

So yes you are reborn. And even more you are being reborn every instant into different locations throughout the universe. Your soul and also separately your spirit is truly eternal and ever present. And then of course you are never exactly identical to how you were thus you are constantly being reborn into a new configuration but only through a gradual cohesive type of process. There are no instantaneous, discontinuous or uncaused events. All physical reality flows

This sounds very much like the Everett Many Worlds Hypothesis

Yes, it does, but I think he was referring to the Quantum Physics probable future worlds said to all simultaneously "exist" merely because amidst the ignorance of the precise present, there is some possibility of each varied future. That is a different kind of thing and ontological nonsense.
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby surreptitious57 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:25 am

James wrote:
I think he was referring to the Quantum Physics probable future worlds said to all simultaneously
exist merely because amidst the ignorance of the precise present there is some possibility of each varied future
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious57 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:35 am

James wrote:
I think he was referring to the Quantum Physics probable future worlds said to all simultaneously exist merely because amidst the ignorance of the
precise present there is some possibility of each varied future. That is a different kind of thing and ontological nonsense

I do not see any fundamental difference here as you are both referencing quantum improbability so why is his ontological nonsense but not yours
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious57 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 am

James wrote:
You will always be present in the universe as will I and every other creature ever born

Does this mean we have always existed for as long as the universe has existed and does it also mean there is a multiverse
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby James S Saint » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:22 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
James wrote:
I think he was referring to the Quantum Physics probable future worlds said to all simultaneously exist merely because amidst the ignorance of the
precise present there is some possibility of each varied future. That is a different kind of thing and ontological nonsense

I do not see any fundamental difference here as you are both referencing quantum improbability so why is his ontological nonsense but not yours

No, I am not talking "quantum" anything. In consideration of the infinities involved, there are an infinity of "you"s and "me"s. This is an issue of there being a 3D physical universe that is infinite in all directions.

Imagine that you are inside a block of space. An instrument measures literally every single yoctometer of that space (10^-24) and records it's values. That would be an extremely large amount of information, but a finite amount.

Then realize that the universe has an infinity of those blocks with varied states. And it also has an infinity of blocks that has the exact same finite state as the one describing you at any one instant in time.

3D infinity is larger than you think.
surreptitious57 wrote:Does this mean we have always existed for as long as the universe has existed and does it also mean there is a multiverse

We have always existed and always will .. somewhere in the infinite universe.

QP's "multiverse" is merely a mind game, nothing real.
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Science, Technology, and Math