How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby James S Saint » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:10 am

No. The "problem" is that You never actually discuss the topic, merely worshipfully attack the poster in an attempt to give praise to yourself and your most honorable masters along with Twit and quite a few others around here.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25054
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Helandhighwater » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:23 am

James S Saint wrote:No. The "problem" is that You never actually discuss the topic, merely worshipfully attack the poster in an attempt to give praise to yourself and your most honorable masters.


I have discussed the topic on numerous occasions, this methinks is an excuse so that you don't have to answer any questions. I can and have showed you where I have addressed your topic and not actually attacked you in fact dozens of times over many years. Do you really think your cowardice is going to play forever. The fact is you don't have any answers, so you shift the onus onto some imaginary fantasy that people are making about you, and pretty much anyone with any sense just sees it immediately, you don't do science you just make excuses. And it's not just me either you do it with everyone who has attacked you, avoid deny and hide. If it was just me you'd have a point but you just wont discuss things with people on this forum if you are asked difficult questions. It shows you up as nothing but a crackpot.

Yes the irony in what you said is not lost on me. You never actually address anyone's arguments yourself, because as you see it they are all subservient to some masters that you have imagined in your world, it's all about your delusion that everyone is controlled in their belief, they just cant understand you because there are some illuminati type organisations brainwashing people into not accepting your magnificent truth. Do you not understand how delusional you sound there? This is not rational james the Science establishment is not set up to keep claims out it is set up to keep conjecture based on nothing but you're insistence on its veracity out.

James this is constructive criticism, if you chose to go on doing what you do, ignoring what people say, not responding to people, using repetition and obfuscation as a means to an end, then all anyone in any world whether on a forum or in the real world is ever going to think is that you are a crackpot. Take that as you will, we're all trying to keep you down. Well no, we're all actually trying to wake you up. Play the game by the rules, even if you think they are false, answer to your peers even if you think they are brainwashed and you will actually get somewhere. Keep on doing what you are doing and the only thing you will achieve is nothing. Achieve something, prove me wrong? We can but hope. We're not trying to rob you James we're trying to help you, sadly you are robbing yourself. Short of an intervention that sends you into logic rehab there's little anyone can do to help you at the moment.
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby James S Saint » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:41 am

Helandhighwater wrote:
James S Saint wrote:No. The "problem" is that You never actually discuss the topic, merely worshipfully attack the poster in an attempt to give praise to yourself and your most honorable masters.


I have discussed the topic on numerous occasions

Only the tiny bit to use as an excuse to attack the poster, thus... Liar.
Thus the rest of what you said is disregarded... along with just about everything you say.

You are here only by the grace of moderators who forgive the rules so that you will have a place to play. And then you curse them for letting you know. The greater problem is that children grow to the age of 80 and beyond, yet never seem to mature.

But telling a child to stop being childish is a bit pointless, as your babysitters are discovering.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25054
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Helandhighwater » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:39 am

James S Saint wrote:
Helandhighwater wrote:
James S Saint wrote:No. The "problem" is that You never actually discuss the topic, merely worshipfully attack the poster in an attempt to give praise to yourself and your most honorable masters.


I have discussed the topic on numerous occasions

Only the tiny bit to use as an excuse to attack the poster, thus... Liar.
Thus the rest of what you said is disregarded... along with just about everything you say.

You are here only by the grace of moderators who forgive the rules so that you will have a place to play. And then you curse them for letting you know. The greater problem is that children grow to the age of 80 and beyond, yet never seem to mature.

But telling a child to stop being childish is a bit pointless, as your babysitters are discovering.


ok now this is just trolling.
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby PhysBang » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:42 am

Ed3 wrote:PhysBang, you wrote:

"He even co-created a new field of math for GR".

I am not exactly sure about the field to which you are referring. I do know that Einstein cleaned up some tensor notation. Could you elaborate?

Einstein and Marcel Grossman developed some specifics within differential geometry needed for GR.
PhysBang
Thinker
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Hobbes Choice » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:05 am

Twiffy wrote:HobbesChoice, this is my last response to you barring you saying something particularly interesting. I don't mean offense -- it's just that this current exchange isn't something I'm going to continue.

1) No, I'm not; Darwin was alive during a simpler era of science, and furthermore he never bragged about his new theory on ILP. For these reasons my claim doesn't apply to him. This was the point of my entire last post - read it more carefully.
2) My overall point had nothing to do with math. Even for a genius psychologist it is virtually guaranteed that he'll never generate and populate an entirely new theory on his own; and if he did, he would publish and become famous, rather than about going on ILP and bragging about his unpublished, untested and non-peer-reviewed theory.


Yeah I know about Darwin. But what you said, you said.
If you don't want the come-back then avoid hyperbole.
If you have a good point to make it's always better to make it without exaggeration.
And advising someone to read more carefully is a bit rich when you have not taken the care needed to write the thing in the first place.
User avatar
Hobbes Choice
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Ed3 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi PhysBang,

Thanks for the reference.

Ed
"Albert! Stop telling God what to do." - Niels Bohr
Ed3
Thinker
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:56 pm
Location: Lakeville MN USA

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:07 pm

The pro-science anti-RM ralliers here are like the new Inquisition. Their "every valid theory must rely on the logic that I have trained myself in" is equal to "every valid theory must correspond to the Bible".
Before the Light - No Country for Shrinks

Image
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6529
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Abstract was the only one here who asked the tuly difficult questions about RM. Unfortunately these questions remained unanswered in favor of debating trolls like HHW, who is only here because he's apparently obsessed with James.
Before the Light - No Country for Shrinks

Image
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6529
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Following Abstracts lead, I would argue that PtA consists of relativity itself - of the single property of being local and (thus) differentiated from homogeneity.
Before the Light - No Country for Shrinks

Image
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6529
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Physbang and Twiffy - you may be experts in math, but that can just be autism. In order to apply math soundly to the real world, you need to be able to reason.
Before the Light - No Country for Shrinks

Image
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6529
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Hobbes Choice » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:31 pm

PhysBang wrote:
Hobbes Choice wrote:
No. you are squirming.

Do not fault me for your failure to read what I wrote very carefully.

You attacked me when I refuted this:
[i]
2) If someone claims to have a theory that supercedes the best of the modern theories, he is a crackpot. If he tells you this theory without using a lot of complicated math, he's a stupid crackpot.

You have not refuted that, at all.


Then it is YOU that has not been reading properly.
Maybe had you not butted into a discussion i was having with another person, you'd not now be acting so trollishly?
User avatar
Hobbes Choice
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Hobbes Choice » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Following Abstracts lead, I would argue that PtA consists of relativity itself - of the single property of being local and (thus) differentiated from homogeneity.


I think there might be a cognitive problem suggesting that one sort of metaphysical abstraction "consists" of another.

Both (PtA and relativity) are unfortunate, but perhaps the only, ways of delimiting a description of a whole: the fabric of reality - I think this will always be a problem in human cognition.
It seems we chase our tails in wanting to provide a unified theory nad always have to fall back on describing it in bite size pieces.
User avatar
Hobbes Choice
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby PhysBang » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Hobbes Choice wrote:Then it is YOU that has not been reading properly.
Maybe had you not butted into a discussion i was having with another person, you'd not now be acting so trollishly?

Sigh.

You wrote idiotic things like, "Einstein used his imagination. He looked at a sunbeam and asked what it would be like to travel on the wave," like that weak shit is supposed to impress us. Then you throw around the names of a philosopher like you are supposed to know who he is. I doubt that you do, since you don't know enough about epistemology to know the common philosophical use of the term "belief".

I have no idea why you want to defend crackpots, but since that's the role you've taken up, you should get all the respect you deserve.
PhysBang
Thinker
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Hobbes Choice wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:Following Abstracts lead, I would argue that PtA consists of relativity itself - of the single property of being local and (thus) differentiated from homogeneity.


I think there might be a cognitive problem suggesting that one sort of metaphysical abstraction "consists" of another.

Half-granted. But I am trying to answer Abstracts question, and it's difficult without resorting to semantics that are linguistically problematic. And I do think that the two concepts are the same "thing" but in a different semantic context. Let's try to break through the context-barriers.

Both (PtA and relativity) are unfortunate, but perhaps the only, ways of delimiting a description of a whole: the fabric of reality - I think this will always be a problem in human cognition.
It seems we chase our tails in wanting to provide a unified theory nad always have to fall back on describing it in bite size pieces.

I was sneakily setting up another referral to value ontology, which brings all of these abstractions together in coherent terms. Because it does not rely on the assumption that there is a basic substance, instead postulates a basic logical limit by which we are forced to understand whatever substance we can observe and conceive of.
Before the Light - No Country for Shrinks

Image
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6529
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Hobbes Choice » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:57 pm

PhysBang wrote:
Hobbes Choice wrote:Then it is YOU that has not been reading properly.
Maybe had you not butted into a discussion i was having with another person, you'd not now be acting so trollishly?

Sigh.

You wrote idiotic things like, "Einstein used his imagination. He looked at a sunbeam and asked what it would be like to travel on the wave," like that weak shit is supposed to impress us..


I have no idea why you want to defend crackpots, but since that's the role you've taken up, you should get all the respect you deserve.



That weak shit was words from his own mouth. Get over it

When someone describes what Darwin does makes him a crackpot, I'll defend Darwin every time.
User avatar
Hobbes Choice
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby James S Saint » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:45 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Following Abstracts lead, I would argue that PtA consists of relativity itself - of the single property of being local and (thus) differentiated from homogeneity.

A potential is a situation. PtA = Potential to Affect = Situation that leads to affect. In RM "PtA" is a measure of the logistical situation in units of "potential", Pa.

You can deny the existence of any particular situation, but you can't deny the existence of one. And every situation is a Potential-to-Affect.

..and they aren't "experts at math" (by a long shot), but yes, void of reasoning (what philosophy is all about) as has become so very common (with purpose).
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25054
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Jakob » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:22 pm

RM:AO then as the logistics of manifest relativity within the physical universe.
VO as the formulation of the relativity principle in exact but non-mathematical terms - the logical exhaustion of 'being relative to'.

VO is thus not limited to the physical universe, it also accounts for sub-physical relations, such as electron-spin.

How does RM describe quantum entanglement?
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5412
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Helandhighwater » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Abstract was the only one here who asked the tuly difficult questions about RM. Unfortunately these questions remained unanswered in favor of debating trolls like HHW, who is only here because he's apparently obsessed with James.


Yeah and ad hominems really make your case stronger. No one here understands the majesty of James and RM. And when he doesn't answer perfectly valid posts it's only because of trolls. Pull the other one its got bells on, you're making the same apologetics James does. Dozens of posters over the years have answered perfectly fair questions and then had their contentions ignored dozens of times.

If you think people are trolling report them, trolls get banned. Simple. Stop making excuses for James, whether people are or have trolled or not is no of no consequence here, and I for one mean everything I say, and hence am not trolling, and so it seems does everyone else. You need to a) stop using the troll excuse, when James is equally then culpable, and you need to stop using the RM is logical excuse, when James is guilty of making endless excuses to dodge perfectly good questions. If not then you will be guilty of the same sins as James. Obfuscate all you like, but if and when he actually tackles people instead of just ignoring them continuously, then and then will any body care what he says or think it actually is as you say: logical. The onus is on James, James because he is the one making all the big claims. If he refuses to have the onus on him, by making excuses then no one cares.

What I mean by under your definition of trolling James is trolling too, because they are not 99% of the time and James isn't trolling either, but sometimes he strays from the line, and starts deliberately setting up inflammatory posts to provoke others, not just me, then when they are provoked by them he retreats behind the excuse of ad hominem or troll to avoid having to tackle perfectly valid points. the fact remains though no matter how heated a debate gets little or none of what goes on is trolling, it's straw man. In the same but opposite way attacking someone for not justifying their argument, or for not having enough education to justify one is not an ad hominem, it is perfectly justified to say a person who never even passed a degree in physics, is unable to answer the biggest questions at the cutting edge of modern day physics. James is not attacked because he is wrong, he is attacked because he is not even wrong and shows little regard for ever being in a scientific place. His posting history shows clearly that he is not interested in discussing controversy, not interested in arguing with people who know much more about the subject than him, nor is he interested in studying enough to correctly justify his arguments, nor is he interested in evidence or proofs using maths or any other of the things we traditionally associate with science or even philosophy of science over unfounded assertion. Until he does no one should care, and no one will. If it is a conspiracy of his peers, it's a perfectly justifiable one, although who his peers actually are is moot for the same reasons.
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Hobbes Choice » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:08 am

Helandhighwater wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:Abstract was the only one here who asked the tuly difficult questions about RM. Unfortunately these questions remained unanswered in favor of debating trolls like HHW, who is only here because he's apparently obsessed with James.


Yeah and ad hominems really make your case stronger. No one here understands the majesty of James and RM. And when he doesn't answer perfectly valid posts it's only because of trolls. Pull the other one its got bells on, you're making the same apologetics James does. Dozens of posters over the years have answered perfectly fair questions and then had their contentions ignored dozens of times.

If you think people are trolling report them, trolls get banned. Simple. Stop making excuses for James, whether people are or have trolled or not is no of no consequence here, and I for one mean everything I say, and hence am not trolling, and so it seems does everyone else. You need to a) stop using the troll excuse, when James is equally then culpable, and you need to stop using the RM is logical excuse, when James is guilty of making endless excuses to dodge perfectly good questions. If not then you will be guilty of the same sins as James. Obfuscate all you like, but if and when he actually tackles people instead of just ignoring them continuously, then and then will any body care what he says or think it actually is as you say: logical. The onus is on James, James because he is the one making all the big claims. If he refuses to have the onus on him, by making excuses then no one cares.

What I mean by under your definition of trolling James is trolling too, because they are not 99% of the time and James isn't trolling either, but sometimes he strays from the line, and starts deliberately setting up inflammatory posts to provoke others, not just me, then when they are provoked by them he retreats behind the excuse of ad hominem or troll to avoid having to tackle perfectly valid points. the fact remains though no matter how heated a debate gets little or none of what goes on is trolling, it's straw man. In the same but opposite way attacking someone for not justifying their argument, or for not having enough education to justify one is not an ad hominem, it is perfectly justified to say a person who never even passed a degree in physics, is unable to answer the biggest questions at the cutting edge of modern day physics. James is not attacked because he is wrong, he is attacked because he is not even wrong and shows little regard for ever being in a scientific place. His posting history shows clearly that he is not interested in discussing controversy, not interested in arguing with people who know much more about the subject than him, nor is he interested in studying enough to correctly justify his arguments, nor is he interested in evidence or proofs using maths or any other of the things we traditionally associate with science or even philosophy of science over unfounded assertion. Until he does no one should care, and no one will. If it is a conspiracy of his peers, it's a perfectly justifiable one, although who his peers actually are is moot for the same reasons.


THis is all blancmange and no duck.
User avatar
Hobbes Choice
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Helandhighwater » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Hobbes Choice wrote:
Helandhighwater wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:Abstract was the only one here who asked the tuly difficult questions about RM. Unfortunately these questions remained unanswered in favor of debating trolls like HHW, who is only here because he's apparently obsessed with James.


Yeah and ad hominems really make your case stronger. No one here understands the majesty of James and RM. And when he doesn't answer perfectly valid posts it's only because of trolls. Pull the other one its got bells on, you're making the same apologetics James does. Dozens of posters over the years have answered perfectly fair questions and then had their contentions ignored dozens of times.

If you think people are trolling report them, trolls get banned. Simple. Stop making excuses for James, whether people are or have trolled or not is no of no consequence here, and I for one mean everything I say, and hence am not trolling, and so it seems does everyone else. You need to a) stop using the troll excuse, when James is equally then culpable, and you need to stop using the RM is logical excuse, when James is guilty of making endless excuses to dodge perfectly good questions. If not then you will be guilty of the same sins as James. Obfuscate all you like, but if and when he actually tackles people instead of just ignoring them continuously, then and then will any body care what he says or think it actually is as you say: logical. The onus is on James, James because he is the one making all the big claims. If he refuses to have the onus on him, by making excuses then no one cares.

What I mean by under your definition of trolling James is trolling too, because they are not 99% of the time and James isn't trolling either, but sometimes he strays from the line, and starts deliberately setting up inflammatory posts to provoke others, not just me, then when they are provoked by them he retreats behind the excuse of ad hominem or troll to avoid having to tackle perfectly valid points. the fact remains though no matter how heated a debate gets little or none of what goes on is trolling, it's straw man. In the same but opposite way attacking someone for not justifying their argument, or for not having enough education to justify one is not an ad hominem, it is perfectly justified to say a person who never even passed a degree in physics, is unable to answer the biggest questions at the cutting edge of modern day physics. James is not attacked because he is wrong, he is attacked because he is not even wrong and shows little regard for ever being in a scientific place. His posting history shows clearly that he is not interested in discussing controversy, not interested in arguing with people who know much more about the subject than him, nor is he interested in studying enough to correctly justify his arguments, nor is he interested in evidence or proofs using maths or any other of the things we traditionally associate with science or even philosophy of science over unfounded assertion. Until he does no one should care, and no one will. If it is a conspiracy of his peers, it's a perfectly justifiable one, although who his peers actually are is moot for the same reasons.


THis is all blancmange and no duck.


a) that isn't a rebuttal it's just air, which makes it worthless.

b) you've only been here 5 minutes you are unaware of James's posting habits or history so I don't see any basis to judge.

c) do you have any qualifications in physics with which to make any judgement about James serial endless waffling with not the slightest proof or differentiation in it, let alone evidence?

d) amongst his triumphs are denying relativity works in the real world, denying quantum mechanics is a viable scientific concern, claiming people are looking for things they aren't, claiming scientists are brainwashed by presumably evidence and objectivity, something James doesn't have, claiming scientists are part of a cult, claiming that there is an active scientific attempt to keep ideas like his down. Let's face it James is a luddite who denies everything about science its method and wants us all to return to a golden era where any old idea passes master on the basis of his say so. James in short is straight out of the past. If he had his way he'd dismantle all science and practice and return us to the dark ages. If you want to condone that sort of sloppy subjective garbage go ahead, but you're wasting your time as is anyone else who buys into his religion.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Out of the 37 points on this table, James gets a big tick on 27. That's quite a high score even for crackpots.

37. 50 points for claiming you have a revolutionary theory but giving no concrete testable predictions.


This one doesn't help either.
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby James S Saint » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:42 pm

You have to love the troller who knows so little that he accuses the fish of being trolls. :lol:

A) That list about crackpots constitutes a theory... by a crackpot... an untestable theory at that (proving himself as the crackpot that he defines).

B) I have made a variety of testable predictions, but you wouldn't know anything about those because you are not here to discuss nor learn, but to harass one individual (which says something very serious about you).

C) One of the predictions of RM:AO, the most important of all, is one that you can test yourself without extraordinary equipment. Most others require some form of equipment but in many cases merely a PC and some programming skill would do. But of course, you aren't even up to that level. You are too busy harassing to learn how to discover any truth about anything.

D) Most theories that you hear about concern expensive equipment and are done far away and the only thing you hear about them comes from a source interested in popularizing specific theories. That makes the only source you have for such theories void of integrity.

E) I am here personally to answer actual questions for those very few who might be interested. Obviously you are not one of those. Such would involve you actually thinking, not mouthing.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25054
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Helandhighwater » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:35 pm

James S Saint wrote:You have to love the troller who knows so little that he accuses the fish of being trolls. :lol: ]


Well you have to love the person who throws out ad hominems in lieu of argument, and then ignores them based on ad hominems that don't exist too. JAmes you're a massive excuse factory. This isn't about trolling as I already said, we are all sincere in saying you are an ill educated person who does not have the ability to be on the cutting edge of science because you haven't done the ground work. If this constitutes even an ad hom let alone trolling which it doesn't, then it is meaningless, but it doesn't does it? We all are sincere in what we say, we all know that you are what you are. And we in no way are doing it deliberately to troll you. Honesty and integrity in our arguments are the opposite of what trolling is. You can't mean your argument wholeheartedly and without reservation and be a troll. You need to learn what trolling is for a start.

A) That list about crackpots constitutes a theory... by a crackpot... an untestable theory at that (proving himself as the crackpot that he defines).

B) I have made a variety of testable predictions, but you wouldn't know anything about those because you are not here to discuss nor learn, but to harass one individual (which says something very serious about you).


That list was written by a scientist who was tired of hearing about how all science is wrong by people who weren't prepared to justify it. That list is a bench mark on how you tell the difference between someone who will walk the walk and someone who wont.

C) One of the predictions of RM:AO, the most important of all, is one that you can test yourself without extraordinary equipment. Most others require some form of equipment but in many cases merely a PC and some programming skill would do. But of course, you aren't even up to that level. You are too busy harassing to learn how to discover any truth about anything.


You haven't provided anyone with the means to test them. And a PC program is not a means to scientifically verify anything unless it relies on laboratory work in the first place. Science happens in a laboratory using scientific method to rule out things by actually testing those things, you wrote a program. Who cares, I could write a program that uses my own self reinforcing ideas, but unless it started from evidence in the real world, that could be criticised and or tested in labs with a set up that would reproduce your results, it would be completely worthless.

D) Most theories that you hear about concern expensive equipment and are done far away and the only thing you hear about them comes from a source interested in popularizing specific theories. That makes the only source you have for such theories void of integrity.


You mean peer review, repiition of experiment, and reputable publication in journals. Yes they are terrible means to make things objective. Let's just say whatever we like and have that true even if no one else agrees with you, can reproduce your experiment or can even understand you? WE use objectivity to rule out people who make large claims. What would you suggest we use instead, anecdote, word of mouth, your opinion?

E) I am here personally to answer actual questions for those very few who might be interested. Obviously you are not one of those. Such would involve you actually thinking, not mouthing.


No you are here to ignore people and avoid questions as you have proven many times, by avoiding dozens of peoples well made argument, you probably have the most extensive ignore list on this forum. And I don't mean a computer program one, this one is you, you're ability to completely ignore decent posts and carry on regardless.
Last edited by Helandhighwater on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Hobbes Choice » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Helandhighwater wrote:
Hobbes Choice wrote:
Helandhighwater wrote:Yeah and ad hominems really make your case stronger. No one here understands the majesty of James and RM. And when he doesn't answer perfectly valid posts it's only because of trolls. Pull the other one its got bells on, you're making the same apologetics James does. Dozens of posters over the years have answered perfectly fair questions and then had their contentions ignored dozens of times.

If you think people are trolling report them, trolls get banned. Simple. Stop making excuses for James, whether people are or have trolled or not is no of no consequence here, and I for one mean everything I say, and hence am not trolling, and so it seems does everyone else. You need to a) stop using the troll excuse, when James is equally then culpable, and you need to stop using the RM is logical excuse, when James is guilty of making endless excuses to dodge perfectly good questions. If not then you will be guilty of the same sins as James. Obfuscate all you like, but if and when he actually tackles people instead of just ignoring them continuously, then and then will any body care what he says or think it actually is as you say: logical. The onus is on James, James because he is the one making all the big claims. If he refuses to have the onus on him, by making excuses then no one cares.

What I mean by under your definition of trolling James is trolling too, because they are not 99% of the time and James isn't trolling either, but sometimes he strays from the line, and starts deliberately setting up inflammatory posts to provoke others, not just me, then when they are provoked by them he retreats behind the excuse of ad hominem or troll to avoid having to tackle perfectly valid points. the fact remains though no matter how heated a debate gets little or none of what goes on is trolling, it's straw man. In the same but opposite way attacking someone for not justifying their argument, or for not having enough education to justify one is not an ad hominem, it is perfectly justified to say a person who never even passed a degree in physics, is unable to answer the biggest questions at the cutting edge of modern day physics. James is not attacked because he is wrong, he is attacked because he is not even wrong and shows little regard for ever being in a scientific place. His posting history shows clearly that he is not interested in discussing controversy, not interested in arguing with people who know much more about the subject than him, nor is he interested in studying enough to correctly justify his arguments, nor is he interested in evidence or proofs using maths or any other of the things we traditionally associate with science or even philosophy of science over unfounded assertion. Until he does no one should care, and no one will. If it is a conspiracy of his peers, it's a perfectly justifiable one, although who his peers actually are is moot for the same reasons.


THis is all blancmange and no duck.


a) that isn't a rebuttal it's just air, which makes it worthless.

If you had said something, I might have made a rebuttal.


b) you've only been here 5 minutes you are unaware of James's posting habits or history so I don't see any basis to judge.

I am fully aware of his useless posting habits. I just don't know why you are bothering with him.


c) do you have any qualifications in physics with which to make any judgement about James serial endless waffling with not the slightest proof or differentiation in it, let alone evidence?

Enough to know that your last post was not on topic.



d) amongst his triumphs are denying relativity works in the real world, denying quantum mechanics is a viable scientific concern, claiming people are looking for things they aren't, claiming scientists are brainwashed by presumably evidence and objectivity, something James doesn't have, claiming scientists are part of a cult, claiming that there is an active scientific attempt to keep ideas like his down. Let's face it James is a luddite who denies everything about science its method and wants us all to return to a golden era where any old idea passes master on the basis of his say so. James in short is straight out of the past. If he had his way he'd dismantle all science and practice and return us to the dark ages. If you want to condone that sort of sloppy subjective garbage go ahead, but you're wasting your time as is anyone else who buys into his religion.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Out of the 37 points on this table, James gets a big tick on 27. That's quite a high score even for crackpots.

37. 50 points for claiming you have a revolutionary theory but giving no concrete testable predictions.


This one doesn't help either.
User avatar
Hobbes Choice
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

Postby Hobbes Choice » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:43 pm

James S Saint wrote:You have to love the troller who knows so little that he accuses the fish of being trolls. :lol:

A) That list about crackpots constitutes a theory... by a crackpot... an untestable theory at that (proving himself as the crackpot that he defines).

B) I have made a variety of testable predictions, but you wouldn't know anything about those because you are not here to discuss nor learn, but to harass one individual (which says something very serious about you).

C) One of the predictions of RM:AO, the most important of all, is one that you can test yourself without extraordinary equipment. Most others require some form of equipment but in many cases merely a PC and some programming skill would do. But of course, you aren't even up to that level. You are too busy harassing to learn how to discover any truth about anything.

D) Most theories that you hear about concern expensive equipment and are done far away and the only thing you hear about them comes from a source interested in popularizing specific theories. That makes the only source you have for such theories void of integrity.

On the contrary. It makes it very much full of integrity, as very little money is ever spent on pure science, the projects that are chose and baed on painstaking peer review and more scrutiny that your feeble imagining s could deal with,

E) I am here personally to answer actual questions for those very few who might be interested. Obviously you are not one of those. Such would involve you actually thinking, not mouthing.
User avatar
Hobbes Choice
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users