How did Einstein arrive at E=mc^2?

James, why do you still bother with this megalomaniac nutcase?

(And FC, I’m not one of your “haters”. You aren’t worth such a deep emotion)

Sorry, but totally selfishness was driving “quite a bunch of intelligent people”, long, long before you were born. You haven’t added anything but the erroneous word “ontology”.

The “good guys” avoid condemnation at every reasonable opportunity, often long after the simple minded have long since chosen to hate. Some people actually grow up from being slapped. But then, some do not. It’s a calculated risk. :confused:

Energy is the ability to perform work but it is not only moving objects that have this ability but static
ones as well. Therefore the fact they are static makes zero difference. In that respect energy is mass

What does being “static” have to do with anything we were talking about? A static potential has no mass.

I have no idea what a static potential is but static objects have both mass and energy and energy equals mass
Energy may only be used when an object is in motion but still exists within the object when it is not in motion
Because an object without energy would not be able to move at all

Well, you have the words, but…

A stationary mass can be broken up such as to release EMR energy. As a stationary mass, it can do no work and thus has no energy. Mass and energy are NOT the same thing. Mass is a property of inertia and/or point of gravitational migration. That is not the same as “ability to do work”.

There is “potential energy” such as a voltage or a gravitational displacement which has the ability to do work only when released to do so. Thus a mass is a type of “potential energy” storage incapable of doing work until the inner EMR is released. The amount of work stored within a mass can be calculated by E=mc^2.

In all cases, the EMR is doing the “work”. Even gravitational migration is due to ultra-minuscule EMR. But EMR has no mass, no inertia (by concurrent definition of inertia). Energy doesn’t equal mass and mass doesn’t equal energy. Mass is a storage mechanism of energy that possesses inertia. Work is accomplished through EMR, void of mass/storage.

We might still discover slow conversion of energy from mass in the interaction of quarks, which I believe to be a more significant level of study than the boson, which is only for theoretical aesthetics. The quark seems to have some nifty magic going on we don’t know about yet. The potential energy of any mass in the universe is disclosed continuously in relation to other masses, to which it gravitates, causing collisions and heat. The object breaks down slowly as it collides with other objects, and so its mass is slowly converted into weak EMR. Entropy or nuclear blasts, and then there is life, which discloses the potential energy of its mass into actions.

Apparently the Standard Model is under scrutiny.

When I was in 6th grade, it was my 1st real exposure to that code, and the interchangeability of matter and energy was nothing compared to the revelation I had in 11th grade, while reading Michio Kaku’s Hyperspace that THE FASTER YOU GO THROUGH SPACE, THE SLOWER YOU GO THROUGH TIME!

And you can never reach the speed of light, because the closer you get to it, the more mass you will gain from the energy of your speed. All of that extra luggage will just slow you down, never letting you get that fast.

Is there a law of the universe that could break down, a chaotic fissure that could shatter the existential game, and rewrite the codes to let us command existence as we please? Perhaps, and to cap off this glorious achievement, we would truly be the masters of our fate, the builders of destiny.

And now how did Einstein come to fashion his marvelously elegant theory of relativity? Well, it begin with the works of Newton, Faraday, and Maxwell. Everyone, we all know about Newton (who certainly wasn’t as smart as Einstein, because his quotes are weaker), but Faraday/Maxwell pioneered our knowledge on electromagnetic fields, helping Einstein to visualize what would happen if we were to travel alongside a beam of light.

Now, 1 interesting thing about relativity is that space is curved by the mass of matter, and if gravity were infinite, time would stand still.

If we could achieve this timeless feature like we see at the singularities at the center of black holes, then we would invent time machines. And travelling through the wormhole, to other universes could also be fascinating but, like lightspeed, how do we get through a black hole wormhole tunnel that we’ve been inexorably frozen win time in?

These questions are amazingly complex, but we have the time and resources to work the impossible.

I like this mission.

I noticed that no one has given any clue over these years to answer the OPs question.

How the hell does it work that two entirely separate unit types, speed and energy, became part of the same formula that happens to predict all physical relations?

Were the units for speed and energy secretly derived from the same source originally? How?

It remains mysterious. Ive not met anyone who could resolve this, most people were blissfully unaware of the extraordinary nature of this equation.

The speed of light squared sounds very arbitrary to me, why not e=m(>c)? It’s a contradiction!

How do you square the cosmological constant?

I actually think this formula is bullshit, misinformation from the government, and government elites to keep people stupid.

So…

I didn’t articulate this well enough! Sorry!

When I gave the formula e=m(>c), I meant that even THAT was a contradiction!

How can you have a greater than for the cosmological constant?

I mean, is this just some kind of basic IQ test to get to higher eschelons of the top secret tech world?

E=mc^2 is a basic contradiction

How about that the speed of light is energy divided by mass divided by the speed of light.

Wha??

I guess energy being so much superior to the speed of light itself gives the need for mass.

What is light?

Electrons jumping from atom to atom is electricity.

Light is… Fuck I forget. Was long time ago. It was something akin. A wave in the sense that it is about contact between atoms, but a ray in that it’s too fast to spread outwards.

What was it again?

Magnetism had something to do with it…

Electrons jumping ahead of electrons… I gotta look into this.

Right it’s like… A shifting of electric charge through magnetism. So a constant changing of the configuration for the potential of electrons jumping through. Basically the extreme-end, most tenuous possible relationship between anything and any other. The fastest anything can be. And energy is far greater than that.

But why the transferability?

Well because energy just can’t be the fastest interaction of mass. Would leave no mass to interact, too weak to hold up mass.

Ok I’m dizzy. But it makes sense.