Strange theory

Here is a strange theory of the philosopher Nick Bostrom:

simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

It had been interesting to hear others viewpoints about this theory.
I have from my viewpoint heard about several theories who I found more strange than this.

Thanks.

I think he downplays the possibility of (1) and (2) too much.

(1) is likely only because we are very bad at predicting where technology will go. In the 50s we thought 2000 would bring consumer robots not the internet. So perhapse instead of reaching a “Post-Human” state will we go through a “Genetic Age” followed by stuff I can’t even begin to imagen. There also seems to be some point when creating a faster computer won’t matter.

(2) is possible do to the likely hood of AI philosohpers. Before you can have a computer run one of these ancestors simulations, you may be abel to have one that can figure out ethics. And then there is a chance that their is a universal prohibition agianst such simulations.

Another distinct possiblitity will be that such machines are dissallowed on the basis of bank seurity. An ancestor simulation would be a perferct front for a bank code cracker. And if we are talking about civilsations that don’t have banks, I don’t think we can predict anything that they do.

By the way; I have found another link:

jamaica.u.arizona.edu/%7Echalmer … atrix.html

What do people here think about this?