The animal . . . "cracker"

Would anyone care to dispute whether the animal cracker is really a cracker or a cookie?

Not round and flat Not crispy
Sweet

If I had to choose and I found one of them and had never seen one before, I would pick cookie, on a 2 to 1 semantic vote.

But knowing the are animal crackers and hell even white racists can be called crackers, I might say that humans can be fickle, they are our words, it’s a kind of cracker that is sweeter than most crackers, though on the not so sweet end for a cookie, and most crackers are square, and cut out cookies, though bigger can even look like animals.

I say humans have the right to consider them crackers despite the problems. Our vocabularly, our confusion and Wittgensteinian categories…

cracker.

Dude, as you well know cracker is a term used to describe all whites by blacks.

You know it’s cowardly the way you try and distance yourself from your own nature.

It’s a cracker.

Anyone using ‘dude’ wouldn’t know their own nature if it hit them with a skateboard.

They are good in certain cream soups, also good on some ice creams. They are are a croackie.

I would say that animal crackers are actually very small bisquits, not in the British sense.

Though I just noticed that this is a challenge to lead to a debate and we are simply weighing in like back seat drivers.

back seat drivers, entertaining just the same. If I don’t see an argument for cookie, I don’t know if the challenge can be accepted by anyone.

You would get about the same with cinnamon Graham crackers. Everyone I know eats them like cookies.

Well, of course it is a small cookie, the animal cracker. Too sweet to be a cracker and the wrong consistancy. It does not crack…and there you have it. It might Crunch a Little, but what cookie won’t? They are meant for kids and you know you have be over 12 to like crackers because to a smaller Child seeking sugar fat and protein, the cracker offers nothing. Kids do not understand that having a fairly tasteless crackable texture beneath the fats and sugars and incidental proteins is fun, beause this requires mixing and kids are still keeping the peas from touching the potatoes and are against to a politicial degree open and obvious mixing. And even adults would not sit around unless depressed or otherwise disturbed eating a box of crackers, however even adults and certainly Children would sit around eating a box of animal crackers. Welsh Rarebit, nee Rabbit, never had a lupine topping. Egg Creams, have neither. Grape-nuts cereal is neither. Bombay duck is a fish dish.

Oh, the tyranny of Words we allow…

Animal crackers are cookies.

There’s a sport. Moreno converts if at least to offer a means to begin debate.

Mr. Reasonable VS Moreno? Kriswest would you judge? I don’t want to play a role, I just want to set it up so I can point and laugh.

Everyone please post for your confirmation, and if you do we can begin.

I can’t even imagine their being a debate - though I could earlier.
I mean, they are not animals either, nor are they ‘for’ animals. Still they are called animal crackers, but we do not expect a mouthful of bison when we bite into one.

That they are made from layered dough is something a Frenchman would bring up to feel superior to an Englishman and not something an honorable debater would mention.

:laughing: Isn’t that kind of stereotyping there? :stuck_out_tongue:

Animal crackers are cookies but aside from that: Why are fig newtons not called crackers? The answer to your question lies within that question. :-"

I’m standing firm with my assertion that it’s a cracker. I mean, it says cracker on the package. It’s not as sweet as a cookie. Pretty obvious stuff here.

No, now think about when they came out and how the word crackers was used and still used. Joe Bloe is crackers… think about it.
“Animal crackers” in a box like a circus trailer.