The purpose of life? Live.

This is the conclusion I have come to. When you step back, look at ones life and think of all that you have done you may feel disapointed, glorified and satisfied all at once. “What is the meaning of life?” Without a doubt, that is the most frequently asked question this world has heard. If someone were to ask for example one who was all-knowing what the meaning of life was and got the answer, is it not a certainty that the asker would do what the all-knowing told him? I think we ask this question because people are “wired” to please, people were created to do good. We often over look the great feeling of hapiness one would get after doing a good deed. Why is that? There must be a reason that we feel good emotions and bad emotions. Could bad emotions mean we are doing something wrong? I think so. I think the purpose of ones life is to simply do good and live a life of purpose unto others. Much like any other animal, cell or any living thing: people live to simply carry on. This is my opinion, but I know that ones thoughts of a lifetime can be forever altered after hearing just one wise quote, so please post some feed back.
(this an open debate, anyone with any thoughts-go for it)

Well bad emotions might simply be a result of guilt, and just because one feels guilty doesn’t mean that one has done bad. Your all-knower could simply be the people’s morality and the morality you’re indoctrinated in will typically direct you in a specific way in life. To stray from this ‘way’ would lead people to feel guilty, therefore suffering these bad emotions, but is it Bad to stray? But, you seem quite content to…carry on.

And believe your much like any other animal, or a mere insignificant cell, and you’ll act like one, eventually you’ll be one.

I think there is more to guilt than not following group morality. I can easily envision a scenario where a person follows the group code and feels very guility for doing so, or doesn’t follow the code and feels good about it.

No doubt. I just wanted to say that bad emotions don’t simply imply that one is being bad.

Is the OP meant to be construed as an open Debate challenge?

one of the last things marley said before he died was money cant buy life :slight_smile: