I challenge you, Joker!

You are an interesting member of the ILP.

On the one hand, I can find no other that would reflect your views so extreme, that are very close to my own.

On the other hand, I think you take them to a level that’s absurd. In fact, that suggest to me if you really took them all to heart, it would be dangerous if we had ever met in person.

And then I imagine how I might seem to you.

Certainly, I think the ideals of modern society are quite corrupt. But then why am I caught in this insistance that technology is not just a utility, but an imperative.

Am I a technophile, blinded by my insecurities at human chaos? Or am I a visionary- who knows that technology is inevitable.

Are you a technophobe, so embittered by dumb life that you think we’re all better off away from stupid gadgets? Or are you one of the few realistic about the true condition- that we create stupid machines to avoid the animals that we really are.

You iconify the tribal and liberal facets of human nature, which awaken us from the pathetic lives of technological dependancy. I iconify the mechanical, the unnatural, facets that may one day live beyond us petty humans.

So I think it only ideal that we make some strong direct challenge. I wonder if you would agree to these terms . . .

Round 1: We each make an opening statement. Mine is why I believe technology should be pursued. Yours is why you believe technology should be destroyed. (I may have oversimplifed)

These posts can have between 3 and 10 separate examples for our ideal.

We also acknowledge views that we share.

Round 2: We reference each other’s statements.

Round 3: We make closing statements.

We can each post up to 10 pictures for visual effect.

Also, we choose upon a panel of judges we can agree on. One of our own choice, and one that we both agree on. I would pick Gib if he’s willing.

If you do not see my response soon enough, email a short phrase here (like 2 words) . . .

4034810015@vmobile.ca

and that should get my attention quick.

Joker’s not around Gaia; I’m pretty sure he’s in the swamps or he already has left the country…

Good luck in getting a hold of him though.

I hadn’t seen him around. I was hoping this would convince him to post.

I accept your challenge.

Go ahead and make your opening post where I will reply afterwards.

( I’m assuming your first post of this thread wasn’t the opening one.)

Okay, hang on. If you’re gonna dance, we’ll set up a thread in the actual debate forum. See if you can dig up three judges. Anyone willing to be judge? Please respond heeyah.

I’ve PM’d Gib to see if he’ll take. PM me with the thread when the board is ready, or put the link here, or use that email I posted, whatever it is you’re supposed to do I can’t remember. :blush:

I also think faust would be a fine mutual judge, if you like, Joker. I can’t have influence on the third judge, this one is entirely your decision.

Faust, I would want maximum sarcasm.

I’m preparing my opening statement now.

OK, I’m in.

I also think we’ll need a referee. I don’t trust people to stick to the rules.

Faust- mutual judge / referree / satirical poker- and whatever other title you’d like strapped onto him given all parties agree.

K, we need one more judge. Somebody! Then give me the forum. I have the opening, let’s do this!

What i’m hoping you’'ll both debate, in terms of tech, is the freedom to choose against the “inveitable” as dictated to us by evolution.

No influence at all sounds fun.

( Faust is alright in my book.)

If you need an impartial judge, I volunteer if you wish it.

I shall now direct my reply to the first post of this thread so that confusion can be avoided.

Nods.

I very much like pushing the envelope backwards until it’s fabric shreds.

I’m quite a rebellious indifferent fellow in real life with my satirical cynical pessimistic outlook on life. :wink:

People have stated on many occasions that how I existentially perceive life is quite dangerous so these statements are nothing new to me.

To be honest most people I meet in real life apart from computerized simulative expiriences I have nothing but disdain and contempt for.

There are very few people in real life that I actually respect or even care about.

Most people to me look like cattle and I grow weary of conversations with people because all I hear is the same regurgitated absurdities repeatedly.

Most people to me are docile biological machines programmed by the blind leading the blind from deluded institutional group thinking.

I see myself mostly as a spectator unfortunately caught up in this absurd civilized spectacle.

I don’t know. Why do you?

Could it be that you naively believe that technology is some great form of liberation or existential emancipation?

I look at these crazed fetishisms of technology being more closer to your first statement instead of the later.

The second.

Sounds about right.

It should be noted that I don’t believe that technology should be destroyed or banned as that would be a moral judgement which a person like me who doesn’t believe in either morals or ethics would look quite foolish believing.

I tend to take a more pessimistic glance at technology and take it one step further with my fatalistic beliefs…

I believe that through technology self destruction becomes much more easier and greater in quantity.

I also believe that a large part of inequality and suffering comes from the pursuement of technology which our social societies calls cultural progress which always exist by disenfranchising others.

I also believe that since all of existence will one day extinguish itself with ourselves included the pursuement of technological ends is futile if not a distraction from our inevitable extinction in that technology merely becomes a delayment in that micro creatures like us delude ourselves into believing that someday we can control the macro existence around ourselves.

It is as if we know about our extinction trillions of years from our present but rather foolishly delude ourselves that like gods in our absurd constructed mythological fantasies that we can challenge the very cosmos itself.

I believe the pursuement of technology is arbitrary if not useless in comparison to modern humanistic outlooks who sees such ends as your imperative and to some in contrast to myself they see technology as being god like in a sort of crazed transcendental global salvation.

Good points.

Joker, is Kriswest our 3rd judge?

Faust, is the forum ready yet??? Does the pee dance ](*,)

Let’s see who else is available with Faust before we pick Kriswest.

:laughing: Is that an offhanded way of saying “I don’t want the dumb broad but, if she is it, I will make do” :laughing: :laughing:

Kisses to you too, my friend. :laughing:

I just like knowing all my options that is all. :wink:

Gaiguerilla in order to understand what I meant about our inevitable extinction regardless of technology read upon cosmic degeneration by that of quantum physics.

That is a new twist to my fatalism altogether.

Maybe we need to rephrase the opening statements. Either Joker picks the closest thing to Gaia’s “technology should be destroyed” (so that it still fits with his affirmative statement) or Gaia changes his in likewise fashion (or both).

I think we’re in it already.