Trump Supporter

Use this forum to suggest topics, and to find others to debate with.

Trump Supporter

Postby Mowk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 am

Ucci,

Just you and me regarding your title "Trump Supporter...." thread.
You: your position
Me: mine.

Anytime.

I nominate Carleas, your boss and our admistrator as the sole electorate. He is exceedingly generous.

Oh and be aware your style is in question.
Mowk
Thinker

Re: Trump Supporter

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 am

Why nominate Carleas? An agnostic independent should be nominated.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mimisbrunnr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Mowk wrote:Ucci,

Just you and me regarding your title "Trump Supporter...." thread.
You: your position
Me: mine.

Anytime.

I nominate Carleas, your boss and our admistrator as the sole electorate. He is exceedingly generous.

Oh and be aware your style is in question.

Oh and beware, you'd have to argue with facts and commit to not shift the goalposts. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Carleas? LOL. Challenge fail.
Mimisbrunnr

Postby IrvaLoona » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Is a man who built luxury skyscrapers - https://tranio.es/usa/adt/1511973/ - in the heart of NY supported only by russians? Haha
Last edited by IrvaLoona on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carpe Diem, baby
IrvaLoona

Postby Mowk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Maniacal Mongoose wrote:Why nominate Carleas? An agnostic independent should be nominated.

Doh! It's Carleas' site.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Merlin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:00 pm

I offer to be judge.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Merlin
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Joker you're like the picture of bias. I remember when you used to think for yourself. You're sad now.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Carleas » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm willing to judge, though it's true that I have a known positions that make it clear I'm not personally neutral, and if I am impartial it will be in spite of my avowed positions. That's not to say that I don't think I could be, but everyone thinks they can be impartial and few actually can.

If I'm to judge, then, we should take steps to encourage impartiality. The question would need to be stated as clearly and explicitly as possible. We should discuss in advance the criteria on which the question should be decided, and how a judgement should be structured. It may also be best to distinguish between different criteria in judging, e.g. one person could win for style/rhetoric, and the other for substance. This would have the effect of both keeping me honest, and making it more obvious if my judging is biased.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Uccisore » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30 pm

I have no idea what this debate is even supposed to be about. "Your position" was to claim that I made up the notion that the victim was a Trump supporter, then to demand I lose my mod status, then to ramble incoherently to yourself for a few posts before vanishing for a week. If some amalgamation of that is what you'll be doing in a debate, I don't really have much interest.

What is it that you think 'my position' is, or that 'your position' is, that requires more to be said about it, and if more needs to be said, why didn't you just reply to my last post to you instead of writing random shit like "Querry" and whining about how you 'tire of this'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Mowk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:25 am

Uccisore wrote:I have no idea what this debate is even supposed to be about. "Your position" was to claim that I made up the notion that the victim was a Trump supporter, then to demand I lose my mod status, then to ramble incoherently to yourself for a few posts before vanishing for a week. If some amalgamation of that is what you'll be doing in a debate, I don't really have much interest.

What is it that you think 'my position' is, or that 'your position' is, that requires more to be said about it, and if more needs to be said, why didn't you just reply to my last post to you instead of writing random shit like "Querry" and whining about how you 'tire of this'?

Ucci,

My reply to you:
"The original headline reads:
"4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live"
Ucci, what information from the article you linked indicated the victim was a "Trump Supporter" as you have claimed in >your< title?
"Although President-elect Donald Trump was mentioned, Chicago Police do not believe the crime was politically motivated."
Perhaps you have another source that indicates the victims political affiliation, that you hadn't posted.

I read the post and even updated my flash player just so I could see if there was something in the video that went along with the story that made mention that the victim was a trump supporter.
When you did not provide a link, it seemed reasonable to question, if you made it up? Given the venom and hate represented in your title and the post.

So our debate will center on "your claim", and secondarily on your exampled lack of civility, which in this opinion renders you impotent as an effective moderator.

I am ready anytime you are.
Last edited by Mowk on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Mowk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:43 am

Carleas wrote:I'm willing to judge, though it's true that I have a known positions that make it clear I'm not personally neutral, and if I am impartial it will be in spite of my avowed positions. That's not to say that I don't think I could be, but everyone thinks they can be impartial and few actually can.

If I'm to judge, then, we should take steps to encourage impartiality. The question would need to be stated as clearly and explicitly as possible. We should discuss in advance the criteria on which the question should be decided, and how a judgement should be structured. It may also be best to distinguish between different criteria in judging, e.g. one person could win for style/rhetoric, and the other for substance. This would have the effect of both keeping me honest, and making it more obvious if my judging is biased.

Carleas, I've butted heads with you a few times, but you do example a civility sadly lacking on this site. I do remember the forum rules were "boiler plate" but as they have been left to stand as is without modification, they are the only rules we have. I will address them as indicated, they are the rules to with which we must agree to become members, I will anticipate you will enforce them, as they are, "boiler plate" as they may be. You have made them a contract to which I and every member (moderators included) have had to acknowledge with a click of the mouse.

If such criteria in judging need be, and I could be declared a looser twice in this debate, it doesn't matter to me. I've been declared a looser on this site so many times, two more aren't even going to change the percentages by a fraction of a degree.

So, let us move forward in pursuit of truth.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Mowk, we're in a new era now...

The post modern rhetoricians finally feel heard instead of disenfranchised ...

Uccisore will state, " I will say anything I want, all is great because I am great, you will all love me for it, I'm going to do everything, and you will all love me for it. I'm marvelous no matter what I do, and because I do it, you are all marvelous, everything is marvelous... Raping is marvelous, we're all marvelous.... Just a little bit of raping, I Trump, set the standard... Women just need to know their pussies are mine and that it's marvelous..." Etc....

He's definitely a Trump supporter... If trump were a moderator, he'd be Uccisore
Do unto yourself and others as you'd do unto yourself if you were them (and you) - Ecmandu's Rule.

Ecmandu's second rule: calculate the set of your argument upon itself before you argue!

Stratification of motivational systems towards conspicuous consumption or extraneous drama cause all human ills - that was the most important thing you'll ever read in your life. - Ecmandu

The biggest problem in life... That more than one person wants the same thing! Solve this, and you have beaten the demon of life!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Uccisore » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:56 pm

My reply to you:
Ucci, what information from the article you linked indicated the victim was a "Trump Supporter" as you have claimed in >your< title?

So you want to debate a single question that I already answered? I called the victim a Trump supporter because his attackers clearly thought he was, and because numerous headlines across the internet said he was, that's all. Nobody has given any definitive proof one way or the other since then, so maybe he wasn't a Trump supporter and the kidnappers just thought he was. It's a 'hate crime' against Trump supporters regardless.

Perhaps you have another source that indicates the victims political affiliation, that you hadn't posted.

For the third time, my source is a simple Google search- look up the incident, see how many headlines call the victim a "Trump Supporter". That's why I said it.

When you did not provide a link, it seemed reasonable to question, if you made it up?

What made it reasonable to *continue* to question it after I explained to you why I said what I said multiple times, and what made it reasonable for you to refuse to acknowledge my statement and trail off into a bunch of incoherent horseshit like a raving fucking derelict in the thread, and what made it reasonable for you to 'challenge me to a debate' on the matter when you hadn't bothered to reply when I already spelled it out for you?

So our debate will center on "your claim", and secondarily on your exampled lack of civility, which in this opinion renders you impotent as an effective moderator.

So you want to debate two completely different things- one of the already addressed, and one of them just a criticism of my character based completely on your opinion? Sounds wonderful, but...I'm gonna have to pass. You could always try challenging to me on a debate of some matter of interest in philosophy or political science- but I think we both know how that would go- you'd declare yourself bored of the conversation the moment I started to make you look foolish, and start replying with haikus or some shit. Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Mowk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Uccisore wrote:

My reply to you:

So you want to debate a single question that I already answered? I called the victim a Trump supporter because his attackers clearly thought he was, and because numerous headlines across the internet said he was, that's all. Nobody has given any definitive proof one way or the other since then, so maybe he wasn't a Trump supporter and the kidnappers just thought he was. It's a 'hate crime' against Trump supporters regardless.

For the third time, my source is a simple Google search- look up the incident, see how many headlines call the victim a "Trump Supporter". That's why I said it.

When you did not provide a link, it seemed reasonable to question, if you made it up?

What made it reasonable to *continue* to question it after I explained to you why I said what I said multiple times, and what made it reasonable for you to refuse to acknowledge my statement and trail off into a bunch of incoherent horseshit like a raving fucking derelict in the thread, and what made it reasonable for you to 'challenge me to a debate' on the matter when you hadn't bothered to reply when I already spelled it out for you?

So you want to debate two completely different things- one of the already addressed, and one of them just a criticism of my character based completely on your opinion? Sounds wonderful, but...I'm gonna have to pass. You could always try challenging to me on a debate of some matter of interest in philosophy or political science- but I think we both know how that would go- you'd declare yourself bored of the conversation the moment I started to make you look foolish, and start replying with haikus or some shit. Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

So the debate has begun. Let's get started then.

You have halfway answered it now, thank you.

For the third time, my source is a simple Google search- look up the incident, see how many headlines call the victim a "Trump Supporter". That's why I said it."

That is not specific enough, to make the claim. As the claimant you are responsible for the validation. If it is such a simple matter. Then do your google search and pick one and post it. The Headline from the post you did link to, did not describe the incident in th the manner you have, nor was it mentioned in the story or video that followed.

...and trail off into a bunch of incoherent horseshit like a raving fucking derelict in the thread,..

I see your civility hasn't improved.

...and one of them just a criticism of my character based completely on your opinion?

I claim no exclusive ownership of the opinion. My argument with you as moderator has everything to do with you not following the rules of the forum. If a moderator does not follow the rules he won't enforce them either. You continue to respond to all who disagree with you in an intolerant and demeaning manner, and as result the forum you moderate has become much the same.

Careas wrote:However, we are a community first, and as a community we must maintain a level of tolerance and politeness. A community based on the exchange of ideas cannot persist when individuals are attacked as individuals for the ideas they express. Anything that inhibits the community will prevent us from our purposes.

Because ideas are so central to a person's life, they can contain deep significance. Enshrining the critical consideration of all ideas while maintaining a civil discourse can be difficult. Therefore, radical positions must be approached delicately. Certainly, philosophy is a story of radical ideas, and so such ideas are welcome, but the radicalism of an idea must be balanced with a proportionate care in expression. The line between radicalism and antagonism is thin.

ILP is its members, and the ideas they bring with them. This site is a community. When that community falters, ILP falters in its purpose. The actions of its members define its tone, its quality, and its utility as a haven for the ideas it holds dear. Let your actions here reflect that ethos.

You could always try challenging to me on a debate of some matter of interest in philosophy or political science- but I think we both know how that would go- you'd declare yourself bored of the conversation the moment I started to make you look foolish, and start replying with haikus or some shit. Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

Ironic
Last edited by Mowk on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Mowk wrote:
...and trail off into a bunch of incoherent horseshit like a raving fucking derelict in the thread,..

I see your civility hasn't improved.

Good catch. I spotted that too. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Objectivists: Like shooting turds in a barrel.

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Carleas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Mowk wrote:So the debate has begun.

Not how this works. This thread should focus on identifying the question and the terms of the debate, at which point a debate thread will be created. If you just want a normal argument, continue the discussion that was already started in SG&E.

Mowk wrote:[O]ur debate will center on "your claim", and secondarily on your exampled lack of civility, which in this opinion renders you impotent as an effective moderator.

This doesn't seem like a very good question for a debate. The first part is whether the kidnapped and abused man was a Trump supporter, which is a question of fact and results in a debate consisting of lists of URLs.

The second part is just complaining about a moderator, which goes better in Meta. Debates are meant to be spectator affairs, and two people bickering about which one is the jerk just sounds boring.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mowk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Carleas wrote:
Mowk wrote:So the debate has begun.

Not how this works. This thread should focus on identifying the question and the terms of the debate, at which point a debate thread will be created. If you just want a normal argument, continue the discussion that was already started in SG&E.

Mowk wrote:[O]ur debate will center on "your claim", and secondarily on your exampled lack of civility, which in this opinion renders you impotent as an effective moderator.

This doesn't seem like a very good question for a debate. The first part is whether the kidnapped and abused man was a Trump supporter, which is a question of fact and results in a debate consisting of lists of URLs.

The second part is just complaining about a moderator, which goes better in Meta. Debates are meant to be spectator affairs, and two people bickering about which one is the jerk just sounds boring.

Carleas, I understand, but to continue the discussion in SG&E would simply put myself in a position to be on the butt end of more uncivil responses. That forum is a circus of incivility. I sometimes have to edit myself, because the constant onslaught of demeaning remarks is taxing and my emotions get away from me. Querry? was such a circumstance. I was beginning to act in kind, and deleted my remarks and replaced them with the word querry.

>this< doesn't feel like a community. As I have said before, You are a "square-sort" and I will leave you to your board.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Carleas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Mowk wrote:That forum is a circus of incivility.

This too is not what the Debate forum is for.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby jerkey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:43 pm

What is SG&E for members of and for the sake of this supposed com-m-unity, pls. Spell it out; even for those whose only intent is to fol-low. Otherwise they may mis-inter-pret a signification of a code.
jerkey
Philosopher

Postby Merlin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Joker you're like the picture of bias. I remember when you used to think for yourself. You're sad now.

Everybody is biased including yourself. No such thing as a non biased person.

Sorry Snoop Dog, you've got nothing.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Merlin
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby Uccisore » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Mowk wrote:You have halfway answered it now, thank you.

Now? I haven't said a single thing in this thread that I didn't say to you twice before already.

That is not specific enough, to make the claim.

You had your chance to discuss this with me in the actual thread about the subject. You elected to subject the thread to a textual seizure of some sort instead. I have nothing new to say, you haven't challenged anything I said in any substantial way, there's nothing to talk about.

Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Mowk » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:00 am

As Carleas has said:
>this isn't the place<

Even I, an emotionally crippled, intellectually retarded, flaming idiot got it. And you Ucci, seek to make fun of it.

You win. I am every bit your intellectual inferior. I don't have the right to add question to anything you claim. I drink from what ever toilet you require.

But damn, I was really moved by that piece Carleas wrote about the community of philosophy. I really bought it. I am a stupid idiot for having bought into such unimplemented rhetoric.

I gotta go now again and recharge my human battery. I really hate myself when I can't understand. You may paint that picture any way that serves you, and you have. Best of luck to you my personal grind stone. Hone an edge against that wheel too harshly and it has surely cracked.

I'll be in my hole, attempting to rebuild any self esteem I have had for myself. You really showed me what life is all about. Gratitude. That's a life lesson that requires a second or third look.

Carelas, In this opinion, there is no where that makes the question of bullying the wrong place. But as you have stated. >this< isn't it.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby jerkey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:32 am

Except to those who go by the motto: 'If some thing doesn't kill someone, it will make him stronger.'& to them, no place is the wrong place, but then again...
jerkey
Philosopher

Postby Uccisore » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:38 am

Mowk wrote:As Carleas has said:
>this isn't the place<

Even I, an emotionally crippled, intellectually retarded, flaming idiot got it. And you Ucci, seek to make fun of it.

You win. I am every bit your intellectual inferior. I don't have the right to add question to anything you claim. I drink from what ever toilet you require.

But damn, I was really moved by that piece Carleas wrote about the community of philosophy. I really bought it. I am a stupid idiot for having bought into such unimplemented rhetoric.

I gotta go now again and recharge my human battery. I really hate myself when I can't understand. You may paint that picture any way that serves you, and you have. Best of luck to you my personal grind stone. Hone an edge against that wheel too harshly and it has surely cracked.

I'll be in my hole, attempting to rebuild any self esteem I have had for myself. You really showed me what life is all about. Gratitude. That's a life lesson that requires a second or third look.

Carelas, In this opinion, there is no where that makes the question of bullying the wrong place. But as you have stated. >this< isn't it.

I am grateful we were able to skip straight to this part instead of having a 'debate' first.

Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Mowk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:09 am

So am I.

It feeds you. You live on it. Addicted. If you don't get 'it' you are a crab and a rather toxic guy to be around. You are the ringmaster of a circus of incivility.

Any time I can provide you your fix and we can get about with a more civil discourse; I'm your dealer. I'll peddle you your hearts desire.

I don't think I've said how smart Ucci is. It's really quite amazing. Everyone must agree.
Mowk
Thinker

Next

Return to Challenges