Epic Rap Battle #2 - discussion thread

…and the can of whoop ass goes to?

Round 1 has begun… a difficult track to rap over imo, but Jakob did a good job in his poetic delivery of words.

Carleas up next, but in the meantime we will be having a musical interlude until then…

A fantastic 1st round delivery… stay tuned for round 2. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

It’s so much harder going 1st!

Never having battle rapped I found it tricky too. How do you take position against an unknown position.
But I like this form of discussion. Maybe we should make this more regular.

Yeah! The pitch of his voice and the aggy lyrics contrast brilliantly… in a polar opposite kinda way. :laughing:

I’d be down. Definitely more often than once every 10 years!

Haha, thanks, I think?

You think right :wink:

soundcloud.com/fixedcross/black-window - this tune is insanely good… =D> is it of your own making FC/Jakob?

As of today, all three tracks have been played 50 times, so about .4167% of views led to a play. And if I’m honest, a bunch of those are me.

Still, that’s a couple dozen people who came along for the ride, which is rad as hell.

It is.

Thats so fucked up.

Actually, I don’t think my plays are counted in the total, so that’s 50 legit plays. How many have there been on yours? Definitely a lot of those are me.

Last one has 33 plays…

shit I fucking think we should keep pushing this tradition just to make a niche for philosopher rap, and hope it will become something serious at one point.

We’re in a deeply un philosophic period now, maybe there is a change somewhere around the corner.

…a money-maker… have you considered it?

:laughing: it is.

You think so? Thats awesome.
Have not considered this… what would be your suggested approach?
(never made any steps to engage the industry, but not for lack of interest.)

I know those that do… I’ll DM you on how to go about it… there’s enough stealing of ideas and concepts going on around here, of others’ intellectual property.

Just listened to these tracks again, every second is joy.

I’d be up to do it again, if anyone’s interested. It’s been a year, and the beginning of the school year seems a good anniversary for this tradition. Convene the Academy.