• Jehova
  • America
  • Other (pls elaborate in thread)
  • There is only one God he’s the same for everyone
  • God is dead
0 voters

I think the God of America is America.
The country is its own God.

I think other befits best because my choice would be 'none of the other’s for which there is no category given, therefore maybe I really shouldn’t have voted anyway by voting I negated myself choosing other , implying an other choice, is none of the other, other than the one I voted for!

Does that make sense?

You bet. It means that even if you are apathetic to vote in the most general sense, even then vote!

It almost reinforces the idea that voting is a duty, regardless of whether the choices are all inclusive, or mostly exclude some unknowns .

Orbie with you its always, or almost always, I have to decide whether or not I am going to understand you. Mine it, what you say, for oraculous chimeras to pertain at my discretion to contexts I may have for you to synthesize so as for an image of truth to appear. Sometimes it is a disturbing image, often times there is a Marxist-Hegelic dialectic implicit in the base premises, the fatalitarian crux of the “-haft”, which is the Dasein in your particular literatorics. At least there is a Dasein! I appreciate that.

Regardless. I left out a lot of options which are absolutely necessary for a fair questionnaire-opinion survey, namely first and foremost, the EARTH. Because like, Native Americans…

:confused: :blush:

Narcissus.

Vampire/Beauty/Beast : It is an inexplicable road, under and over ground, with variable and determinate gaze, that is consistent and inconsistent with others.

I need you all to find another gear, people.

Narcissus is not a god, Sil.

Orbie, straightforward relativisms are, it seems to me, below you.

Only a half God in Greek mythology, sure, but he is to America, that’s all I’m saying.

Phaer.
Lets think about that very deeply for one second.

since Narcissus’ god was Narcissus -
America’s god presumably being America,
yes, food for thought.

Money is the driver of capitalism and America is the greatest capitalist nation so its god is money

:smiley:

It occurs to me that I’m thinking of America as Americans - but as you point out, the group identity of “America” works in just the way you say too.

Americans’ gods are themselves, in the sense of individualism and the whole atomistic conception of the self as a distinct, self-built-solely-unto-itself moral entity - such as is consistent with the mindset of original sin, its absolution and vicarious redemption via a single self-sacrificing heroic martyr.

Politically any latent collectivism can sublimate as nationalism: “America’s God” being America, but a country can easily be nationalist without being particularly American.
Likewise, money can be and is a driving force in many countries, but it’s the attitude towards money that makes America American.
It’s not a surprise that its identity emerges from its history as a go-it-alone, slapdash adventure, every man for himself - but the result is a nation of people clamoring all over each other to be seen and heard in a largely decentralised circus. That’s what America is, and it’s that entrepreneurial seed that grew into it.

Even protests against the current state of America have the same heart behind it: hear me, see me, venerate me. This is even for movements away from individualism - only in America can suggestions to be more social come across so much like self-interested virtue signalling. But this is always a criticism of progressives - either they live in their preferred way against and outside the system and have no support, exposure or power, or they are accused of hypocrisy for using the system to gain support, exposure and power.

Yet, like Narcissus, it is this individualistic obsession that on one hand exudes a distinctive aesthetic attractiveness that places it apart, but it’s also the source of all its woes and flaws and which may well lead to its own demise. But that’s a prediction that’s been thrown around ad nauseam. For all the signs, it’s taking its time.

As much as I am able to understand about US so far, individualism is the only god for the majority of the Amaricans, irrespective of which political ideology they follow.

With love,
Sanjay

All right, then, it is an ominous sign that Capital has a negative intrinsic quality, that is approaching an unintended objective which may soon enough reveal a hidden transcendental.

I long ago , and not infrequently predicted a major appearent flow, that was not used even by Marx, that is, an ill conceived and unconvincing rationale .

The rationale regarding class dynamics patently ignores the question of the underlying pressure cooker thermodynamic considerations, that drives the conceptual indexes in modern corporate America.

Since this phenomena is unevident, the idea of suppression, intentional or otherwise, may merely be a sign that it is part and parcel of it’s own reason d’etre.

The limit I predict is , the trillion dollar acquisition of personal holdings, and I may, with a fairly probable certainty, sustain a belief, that an internal correction has to occur, at around that limit.

A self induced correction , where the political, social and economic integration will uncontrollably become unhinged.

I think it may even be sensible at this time to interpret the frantic deflationary moves by the Fed, to signify at least a partial uber-control to avoid a calamity, which the Pandemic may merely signify.

A whole lot of undifferentiated ‘thermodynamics’ is cooking below what others may see as a metaphor of Susan Sontag used to coin as devil ing into the symptom .

This symptomatic revelation need not bother interests who have vested an absolute objective can steamroll come he’ll or high water, because this would cause investiture on principle to disintegrate.

Therefore I shall call an unlimited application of the feeding of capital on itself a vampiristic, an imported concept originated by a female vampire living in the backwoods of Transylvania, a dark princess, who fed her beauty on hundreds of young women.

Capital feeds on labor as a commodity, and middle men become gorged on both labor and the market.

The essential need to universalize Capital, shows the idea that an absolute engorged system with in a submerged classless work force is a predictable requirement.

The vampire is the God of America.

It is an affable form of governance only when reasonable limits of social benefit are interjected with systematic application.

Yep. Another good one.
Thanks Orbire. Forgive me for quoting it in case you still wish to delete it and erase traces of it - I have made that a nonoption. The world is now stuck with this notion.

Interesting: the god of America being the Vampire - now reading Silhouettes post in this light, the plot thickens!

First thing I notice: Narcissus was a vampire unto himself. America is sucking itself dry because of its boundless and reasonless self-admiration. There is no limit to the self-admiration, because - well, there is no God to admire above oneself.
Except the case of the Nation itself; the flag, the anthem, the superbowl fly-bys, - Nationalism as the force that curbs, or sets a limit to, the expansion of the ego of the individual American.

But, what we see now is that the ego of the individuals is expanding so far and wide that even Nationalism must be cast aside, for it curtails the growing of the ego and the ego is now dead-set on attaining full apocalyptic scope. Whatever that may turn out to mean.

I believe this is also correct. But we can now discern between realistic individualism and solipsistic individualism.
In the post above there is a good summary of the latter notion.
In order to clarify the former notion, realistic individualism, let me propose a study of the concept of dharma.

Where the individual relation to himself is explained as karma, the relation of society to itself is explained as dharma.
The focus on “good karma” is perhaps itself somewhat vampiric.
The focus on good dharma is truly self-interested altruism - such a focus beckons the will to efforts toward greatness. America has a great deal of dharmic vigour in its past, it has made great dharmic strides for all of us mankind.
But now it seems… their dharmic tension is running out.
A collapse of the web of dharma [norse: orlog] into individuals karmas [norse: wyrds] is coming. Or at hand. Or peaking.

Where is it at, this breakdown?
How much Dharma has the USA left?

A question to which the answer must remain in the dark until its positive content chooses to manifest in public light; a question here of hard loyalties, a question of military.
A great part of the nations dharma is upheld by its military. In the military, individual karma does not count, the individual is expendable and he is, as Edward Norton self-describes in the excellent Bourne Legacy, a “sin-eater”.
He does the sin and buries the knowledge of it deep in himself, so that his nation may go on to live sanely. Such a sin-eater is both morally inexcusable and absolutely necessary, to paraphrase Nortons memorable black ops design alpha.

The US military is as a whole just as vain as Narcissus - however, for it to be able to be vain as a military it must be strong, and for a military to be strong, its soldiers and officers must all be completely loyal to the order of rank. Therefore it is most likely the functional remainder of America - because soldiers are people who aren’t fundamentally worried about money; they’ve seen need beyond financial need. They know more about bottom lines, they do not have the luxury of solipsism.

So… the God of America may still well yet prove to have a sterner visage than the phantasmagoric spectacle of the individual.

Clearly it’s Mercury/Hermes… Hell, it even says “IN GOD WE TRUST”

I think America worships more than one God, it worships a pantheon.

The American Triad is

1 Jesus (as interpreted by protestants)
2 The God of Individual Liberty
3 Of Political Correctness or Social Justice (a deity imported to America by Brits (the Fabian Society) and European Jews like Herbert Marcuse (the Frankfurt School) in the mid 20th century).

Some lesser deities are

4 The God of Food
5 Of Hard Work
6 Money
7 Outdoorsmen and Ranchers
8 Patriots and Vigilantes
9 Science and medicine
0 Sports and entertainment

This is pretty funny - a lot of these are encompassed by Individualism as I laid out, but the God of Food made me lol.

Political Correctness or Social Justice has nothing to do with being imported - the whole culture has been a constant import from day 1, don’t pretend like some bad pills got slipped in there by Europeans - that lot ARE Europeans. They’re Europeans under specific conditions - that’s what makes America America.

Political Correctness or Social Justice is Individualism turned against Individualism, because successful Individualism results in severe inequality - the most successful snowball. The rest join the circus parade and are disillusioned about how severely the winners of former generations rig the odds against them. They never even had a chance except for the statistical anomalies - and Americans celebrate them as examples of moral fibre. Only in America can you celebrate such a contingency in luck as success. But that’s the whole appeal - make a risk and you might win big! And so many win so big, and their names are strewn nationwide to the effect of perceived immortality. Hooray America, and all of its success stories.

Right, that’s why I said they’re lesser deities.

Lol, well, Americans are the fattest nation in the world.
They’re also the hardest working in the developed world.
They’re the richest nation in the world.
They’re one of the most inventive.
One of the most outdoorsy.
One of the most patriotic, despite all the anti-American rhetoric coming from the left.
And the most entertained (Hollywood, etcetera).

While individual liberty wasn’t invented by Americans, from its beginning America was founded on and developed it to an extreme, whereas political correctness and social justice came over a century and a half later and Americans never took to it as much as other developed nations, which’s why its enemies, foreign and domestic, are attempting to punish it now.

If a man is willing to worship a single thing,
it says a lot about them as a person.

Worship is inferior to friendship.
And friendship requires both parties to be involved.

I’ve seen many Jehovah’s Witnesses say that they have a personal relationship with God.
This is not a substantial tangible relationship.

If a person knows the truth about a god,
and then chooses to avoid that god and be independent,
that says a lot about that person too.

I answered with the option “God is dead”,
because he is in most ways, a god of death.

Not sure if you intend but, this is a neat kabbalistic explosion and it works. You have secretly placed Money at the center of the King and the Childe. And the crucified. Good calls.
America as the/a tree of life. I can get behind it actually. Its better than the doomsday report of the god of Narcissism which we discerned “on the back of the tree”, form of klippotic Amerikee.

It is a bit like worshipping nature.
Jay Z, who perfectly fits the figure of the successful American Narcissus, said it to the New York Times special attachee who was chosen to speak to the man at some length, “In America, it is what it is”.