Sustainability, le terme du jour..

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Would you be happy to eat at a sustainably-sourced eatery?

1. Yes.. mmmm, sounds yummy
67%
2. No way.. I ain’t about that sustainability-life
33%

Total votes : 3

Sustainability, le terme du jour..

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Emails from Sainsbury’s doing surveys on personal sustainability in the home, food shows on TV informing us what parts of an animal we can’t eat, and Social Media sponsored posts promoting the sustainability cause to the wider population at large.

A moral dilemma: would you eat at a restaurant that cooks sustainably-sourced dishes, sourced from the garbage and scraps from restaurants and supermarkets, in a bid to minimise your carbon footprint?

2B729606-BB85-4C2B-B3EF-C2D306FE6CB5.jpeg
2B729606-BB85-4C2B-B3EF-C2D306FE6CB5.jpeg (149.6 KiB) Viewed 335 times
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Re: Sustainability, le terme du jour..

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:19 am

Food in vast quantities I say is always a plus. However, it must be in tune with nature. If we too largely disrupt the harmony of the elements with industrial frenzy, then we may lost touch with mother earth.

Ideally, food is 1 expression of earth's boundless buffet for us, as long as when we eat, we also hold her dear.
RaptorWizard ~ The Gale Force Tyranny Cosmos viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195061
Secret Garden viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
Buddha Unleashed viewtopic.php?f=25&t=195208
Nihilus Harnesses Yoda Wisdom viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195214
Kazaam viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195203
I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Existence is entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:46 am

Exuberant Teleportation wrote:Food in vast quantities I say is always a plus. However, it must be in tune with nature. If we too largely disrupt the harmony of the elements with industrial frenzy, then we may lost touch with mother earth.

Ideally, food is 1 expression of earth's boundless buffet for us, as long as when we eat, we also hold her dear.

In already over-extending the Earth’s resources, we are now pulling back in doing so, and watching our Carbon-footprint and overall general consumption of all things.

“The optimum population of Earth – enough to guarantee the minimal physical ingredients of a decent life to everyone – was 1.5 to 2 billion people rather than the 7 billion who are alive today or the 9 billion expected in 2050, said Ehrlich in an interview with the Guardian.”

Are we innovative and conscientious enough to sustain the current global population and more?

This can only be done if enough resource is diverted where needed, in this sustainability of such numbers, but human greed may prohibit such diversion of funds to happen, and then there will truly be hell on Earth.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:12 am

In other times, this was known as an indulgence.

An ecofascist friend of my ex's once seriously proposed to us the idea of buying reusable toilet paper that now apparently exists.

Needless to say, it is completely detached from reality.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Return to Society, Government, and Economics